What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Goes Mobile!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Hello Skip, im on a Tablet and using the Classic Desktop Version, but everytime when i use the search function it switch me automatically to the mobile version. :)

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I'm not sure what you mean.

Search seems to work fine for me. Can you provide more detail?
well the search issue seems to be ok now, but the other issue ive noticed is that with a long thread like this

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278565&page=2464#post7763365

if I get a positive rep on a post ive made, then click on the link on the rep page, it will direct me to the end of the thread instead of the actual post I made. therefore I cant work out which post I got a positive rep for.
this seems to happen on some threads not others..

EastBayGrower

Veteran
noticeable improvement imo... will notify if any bugs are encountered :)

thanks for working to make ICMAG better, this is a special place

Skip

Veteran
This is probably an issue with deleted posts changing the order of the thread. I have never encountered this problem myself.

well the search issue seems to be ok now, but the other issue ive noticed is that with a long thread like this

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278565&page=2464#post7763365

if I get a positive rep on a post ive made, then click on the link on the rep page, it will direct me to the end of the thread instead of the actual post I made. therefore I cant work out which post I got a positive rep for.
this seems to happen on some threads not others..

AzHogRoaster

Seems to work well for a newbie...

Seems to work well for a newbie...

I recently started posting here. I have used the mobile version a couple of times to upload/edit pic's. Seems to works as well as the laptop version.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A US competition in an adult use state might drive lots of traffic this way.

ICmag Tournament of Growers

Set it up just like massive sports league.

County --> Regional --> State --> National

At state competitors have to enter 2 different flowers. Nationals should be 2 flowers + dry sieved resin + canna butter cook off.

Judged on a 3 way scoring system. Analytical results for 1. Cannabinoids 2. Terpenes and 3. Double Blind taste test. :biggrin:

I'd watch this as a reality tv series. Little blurbs about each of the competitors methods - lighting, feeding, special "tricks", etc. :laughing: :joint:

This could be a thing. We could get it to air on Vice.

----------

But why I actually came to this thread, if you want to browse and post on cannabis sites or IG while on mobile try using a VPN app or something like the OrBot/OrWeb combo when browsing and posting. Be sure to use an app to strip metadata from your pictures.

Even if you are legal and feel you have nothing to hide, remember crooks are clever and can make use of that information too. It's not just LEO you have to protect yourself from.

dank.Frank

Safe Gardener

I'm finding that many links from Google bring me to the ICMAG forums home page and not the link that I originally searched.

Not sure if that's an issue or if it's something else. But thought it something worth mentioning in this thread. Thanks

I wood

Google searches now lead to mobile forum page with no search results.
Google searches were a good way to avoid the practically useless icmag searches.
This site has lost much value due to going mobile, in my opinion.

barnabystones

Google searches now lead to mobile forum page with no search results.
Google searches were a good way to avoid the practically useless icmag searches.
This site has lost much value due to going mobile, in my opinion.

Agreed same problem here, Google searches no longer work and brings to mobile homepage, and search is clearly broken also.

Jaqen H'gar

Ive also ran into this problem at least 10 times lately while looking for info, its frustrating knowing the thread is there and not being able to view it.

Skip

Veteran
It's always better to search ICMag first since you're not leaving breadcrumbs (IP#s and search details) on google from your computing device. Also we can bring up posts that google can't (not in search engine anymore).