What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do I have the rare Thai leaning zamaldelica?

Why do you think it's a Thai?

Most likely a Zamal dominant phenotype instead.
The leaf structure. It exhibit the thinnest leafs I have seen so far.
I try to keep everything at least once. How they smoke decides if they get kept beyond that. Did you take cuttings?

I made a cutting, but have yet to smoke. I am doing micro grow so space is limited. It is at day 82 and it looks like i will have another month before I cut her down. The long flowering time and the narrow leaf structure is why I think it might be the Thai leaning pheno.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Wondering if I should keep her? This is from the Zamaldelica regular packs. Thanks

https://postimg.org/image/6l3hess6n/View Image
https://postimg.org/image/7j5gu264h/View Image

You may have the African, which is still a good plant.

Here is a post:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6185663&postcount=207

From this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=272210

The Zamaldelica I grow is the Zamal/Thai pheno
which finishes 16+ weeks.

That is a great plant.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Reminds me of african leaning plants as well, yours is a bit more zamalish where as this is more malawi:
picture.php

You may have the African, which is still a good plant.

Here is a post:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6185663&postcount=207

From this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=272210

The Zamaldelica I grow is the Zamal/Thai pheno
which finishes 16+ weeks.

That is a great plant.
Damn that's a great post. Thanks for the input Dropped cat. I really want the Thai leaning pheno. I got 5 more seeds left, so hopefully one of them will be it. But I am excited to smoke my female, can't wait!!!!!

Reminds me of african leaning plants as well, yours is a bit more zamalish where as this is more malawi:
View Image

Thanks for the input Terpene. It seems like there are a lot of pheno in the regular version. What is your favorite?

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I forgot to tell you: Yes, you should absolutely finish/keep the plant. Boring Zamaldelica phenos do not exist.

It seems like there are a lot of pheno in the regular version. What is your favorite?

All of the plants I've had from the Zamaldelica line are somewhat trippy, psychedelic and generally electric. I've liked the plants with the really strong, mango-carrot stem / bud smells. Its very different smelling than traditional sativas and cannabis in general. This trait is pretty easy to find throughout the line. Buds of a random mango-carrot plant:
picture.php

Another pheno that's worth noting is the really spindly thai-zamal phenos which are less indoor friendly due to big internodal stretch and are generally lighter on output. They are the ones that would probably benefit the most from a longer harvest window so they aren't as terrifying. Here's a structure shot of a failed scrog of said plant. :laughing:

picture.php

The "african" phenos are more malawi/zamal leaning and are trippy, psychedelic and have a more deeply moving, intense high. They also tend to be a little more columnar and indoor friendly (or at least mine have been).

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Sativamane,

Your Zamaldelica seems to be mainly Malawi/Thai dominant.
Hope it helps. Best wishes for the rest of the flowering!

The Hatter

Veteran
Those are some pretty thin leaves. I think one of the good ways to spot the Thai phenos is they are the super long flowering ones. I had one that was a complete beast that just wouldn't stop stretching or flowering for ages. It grew up into the lights like a trifid and was a completely different animal compared to my other plants including my other Zamaldelicas. Crazy smoke.

baduy

If this thai leaning pheno is really rare then I'm a lucky bastard as this round I got three of them out of 6 seeds popped :biggrin:

Thanks everyone for the replies. So here is a quick update on my micro grow zamaldelica.

The Zamal #1 is now at 97 day of flowering (30 days @ 12/12 and 67 days @ 11/13)
I literally did not see any pistil development until 2 weeks into 11/13 light cycle.

The smell: Sweet floral scent, reminiscent of rose and carrot.
Vertical growth had appeared to stopped, buds are increasing in size, pistils are still mostly white.
So far, this plant has been very easy to maintain and is forgiving in term of overfeeding and over-watering.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very nice Sativamane,

It looks healthy and with well developed flowers for its size.
I would let her mature for 3 weeks more since the pics were taken.
Please keep us updated with pics and we will confirm whether is the right moment for the harvest.

Holeshot

Scary Zamaldelica

Scary Zamaldelica

Here is a close up of some Thai scary Zam . This was a week or 2 ago. She is now starting to mature very nicely . More pics at harvest time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 29
This was taken yesterday @ day 116. This cola is still showing extended white pistils, so I am guessing another week to go. I did cut off a single branch on the lower bottom since it looked to be done with recessed brown pistils. I will provide a smoke report this Friday since it's going to dry until then.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks like she was in her last reflowering Sativamane, nice cola!
Wish you are enjoying with the first smoke tests!

G

growhigh1233

i think iv found my self one...............what you guys think, is it 'that' pheno ?..............tallest plant with very floppy stems and lovely sweet smell shes on day 42
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

G

growhigh1233

i see allot of thai in that pheno................... mine is slightly hermie it throws out a few pollen sacks ,,,,,,, BUT its very root bound so im not judgeing her for that .............solid for auto flowering tho not even a hint of pistols in veg growth...........im so excited to try her

Dr. Grinspoon

Hi Folks! Nice looking plants there! Zamaldelica is top of my list right now. I cannot wait for the summer! I grew one a couple years back. Tall and strong. Had to bend and break it back in a short ghreenhouse but she harvested great. I am at 45 degrees N but greenhouse is hot and not much of a cool breeze...

I think it was african. Are they thicker in stalk? Thais are more spindly and have airy buds?

I love to her about the variation in the seeds. You just made me decide to plant twice as many. Do they clone well?

Latest posts

Latest posts