What's new

starting your seeds in june Q's

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
have any of you ever started planting your seeds in june?
how much did your plants grow by the time they started to flower?
how much bud did you get from them?

I am gunna try to plant my seeds in early june just to see how well it works.

also Im not trying to get huge plants just big enough for each plant to give me around 1-3 ounces.

any advice or tips would be great thanks.

MelloYello

june starts

june starts

I usually get my seeds started in April, between the 5th and the 20. Then I start my cuttings. Just the way I break up the work load.
I have thrown out seed starts in June, they usually have been healthier, and better yielding than the earlier starts.

Soil is warmer, days are longer, and you still have a couple months veg time. More times than not they thrive and pass up any of the earlier starts.

Try some July starts too, if you want smaller healthy plants.

Last edited:

Sunfire

Veteran
I have done as early as may first to Crack em. This next year I want to do more smaller ones and will crack june 1. Once you approach 10 unit plants they are crazy needy for everything. More smaller plants is way less work.

Last year a friend cracked his seeds on June 1 and they got surprisingly big! Between 7-9 feet tall and about six feet wide. They only needed one single cage and he never topped or trained, just let em do their natural Christmas tree thing yielding 4 units each or more!.

Idk what you mean by 1-3 ounces lol!!! We are in the banana belt of cali at 1600 feet elevation using full sun, like real deal full sun. Go for at least a 200 gallon (1 yard) pot if you want bigger. If you just want little quarter pounders don't Crack em until July maybe.

I agree with Mello that experimenting for your personal style and micro climate would be most effective in regards to when to Crack is best for your desired results.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are some nice reported yields from such late started plants.

Makes me wish I lived in the banana belt too.
I like CO though. I wonder what yields would be like here, planting that late.

Sunfire

Veteran
Well your not that much farther north so I imagine in a green house you could still do well. Cold spells and especially cold rains can stunt growth badly but idk what elevation your at or if that's even a worry

Zefy

Last year, start of june, friend ask me if I could raise some plants for his guerilla grow, so I planted 3 seeds. But after a week he changed his mind so I was stuck with 3 litlle girls. I didn't want to throw them away so I deicided to grow them to the end. In middle of june I prepared a hole and planted them end of june. First visit was at start of august and at my suprise, 2 of them were almost big as I am. At the end, 2 were around 7 feet and harvested around 12 ounces, the third small one (partly my fault) around 2 ounces :woohoo:
warmer soil, long warm days and she grows like mad.

SBR 4.10.jpg

hamstring

Veteran
Planting or seed starting in June works fine.
Start your seeds (persoak first) and plant directly in the soil where the plant starts and finishes its season. A transplanted seedling will eat up a week or more getting over the transplant shock.

Final size has mannnnnnny variables involved but because june and july are usually warmer months with good rain. You may be surprised how big a plant will get. I have done it a few times because of poor planing on multi-plot grows.

I remember harvesting 4-6oz on a good yielding strain but 4oz maybe average.

W

wegobigupnorth

planting in June in considered "late"? Lol wow how lucky some of you guys are...Here in Ontario, Canada I usually never put my plants in the ground until the last week of May but usually first week of June. I am planting most of mine tomorrow (May 31st) as it is just warm enough in the night time now. We had a freak frost last week!

Regarding starting seeds in June, I usually start mine the last week of April and grow em for a month indoors before moving them out but I also start a bunch of fem seeds in the last week of May and put them outside a few days after they sprout putting two or three per hole and these holes always yield MORE then the ones with a single plant vegged for a month before putting outside. If I just put one plant per hole I bet it would only yield slightly less then the others. They still have over a month veg time in June and they grow A LOT faster outside rather then inside especially if they have a ton of root space so as mentioned, they will catch up to the indoor starts pretty quick!