What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

when is the best time of year to start a gorilla grow

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So last year I tried many times throu out the year to plant seeds and only got a few baby plants that got fluded with the rains. so august came around and I gave up till next year.

I was thinking that I needed to find some new gro spots for 2011.
well so far this year I found 3 and I know of a lot of other spots I gotta go check out soon.

1 question is would it be worth it to have to rock climb a little ways down a clift just to have a supream great grow spot.
I am a good rock climber in all but I feel kind of nervice bout it all.

thx for some advice bros.

rocket high

Veteran
So last year I tried many times throu out the year to plant seeds and only got a few baby plants that got fluded with the rains. so august came around and I gave up till next year.

I was thinking that I needed to find some new gro spots for 2011.
well so far this year I found 3 and I know of a lot of other spots I gotta go check out soon.

1 question is would it be worth it to have to rock climb a little ways down a clift just to have a supream great grow spot.
I am a good rock climber in all but I feel kind of nervice bout it all.

thx for some advice bros.

when the first frost had passed ,probably the first week in may .

Bring them on inside and plant them out in may when they're at the 3rd node .

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I don't know exactly, it depends on your climate and strain of weed.
I mean I can get my own hybrid strain out while there is still frost in the ground, but most other strains would rot before popping if started from seed in frozen ground.

But you did create another question for the curious.
"How many people start OD from seed?"

I suspect that most OD is planted from clones, except for maybe a smaller percentage start from feminized seeds.
Most peeps don't want to risk wasting the time and effort to start from seed even indoors now a days. I understand it, why take a chance on seeds not starting or birds/rodents eating em or being male even if they do pop?
But I wonder how many people do start OD from seed planted where the plant will live it's life cycle?

DaPurps

I start my seeds inside and like rocket high, i put them out after a few nodes. Seedlings are soo delicate in nature.

The rock climb is definately worth it, just don't put yourself in too much risk of injury.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
big thx for the info guys.

I for got to say that Im in south texas.:D
also I don't have access to clones atm and I have an assload of seeds from midgrade buds and seeds from years of home growing that will be used for my gorilla grow.

Ill try to keep this well documented. :D

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Sounds cool.
Too bad you can't figure a way to start em all before planting though. I would expect they would do far better from the start.

AbbieDoobie

Look for spots in the summer to see what other foliage is around to hide your plants. Cultivate new plots in the fall while the weather is cool and the soil is pliable. Order seeds in the winter. Start plants in the late winter/early spring. Plant in the spring. Water in the summer. Harvest in the fall.

~Abbie :joint:

:-(

My parents live in TX @ 29N, they start their veggie garden in February. Seeds are started indoors and hardened off.

T

theJointedOne

yes to the is it worth it to have to climbrocks. that sounds nice and hard to get to which is what you want!

you should of started in the fall scoping out locations based on the sun during the fall months

now is best, go out and get your plots ready and get your water containers out there to collect water if your using containers, otherwise scope out streams and find ones you think will be year round

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Rocky slopes are great places to plant. YOure running very late in my mind #1. Find you some spots and work the soil so youre ready by may.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get yourself some auto flower strains and you can grow all year because you do not need the normally required photoperiod, the big benefit is minimal chance of detection by leo or rippers and much faster harvest times = way less failures outdoors. Think about it. ;)

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
I think the karate kid 2 tried this and failed, just be harder than the karate kid,,, and if you have many seeds you should just start in February, and again in April.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Gorilla= King Kong, Magilla, eating bananas shit like that

Guerilla=clandestine outdoors, secret spot in the middle of the woods somewhere

Sorry to be a spellchecking dick but I can't help it, it just bothers me, and I'm sorry!