What's new

Is any of yall still waighting on ur plants to show there sex?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So like out of my 17 or so plants only 4 of em have shown sex.
still waighting on the rest of em to show there sex.

I was told that usuly males show there nadds befor or by august.
they do get pitch black at night.

So R any of yall still waighting on ur plants to show there sex?

now I see why ppl grow mother plants indoors then take some clones for there outdoor garden.

this is the first year I had to wate this long for them to show sex.

THC123

Veteran
havbe you looked in the "armpit" of the stems and branches , normally there after 6-8 weeks you should see a tiny white hair somewhere or a ball or 2:)

Endur

Veteran
In my area, the males show from mid July-through the first week in August. Females show the 2nd and 3rd week in August.
Just last Thursday, I pulled the first 2 Bubblelicious males.
Just be patient #1cheesebuds, they will show within the next few weeks.
Peace
ENDUR

haxi

Theorically, the males plants are declared earlier than the females, so if your plants are not declared yet, there are more chance that they will be females :)

kingofchronic

i grew mine different this year and put them into flower very young indoors till buds grew. then i chopped the buds and put them outside. one of the two i did this too is my own personal strain named zebra kush. lol anyway back on subject. the plants revegged and are about the same size as seedling have outside. although i know their sex the two revegged plants did show sex faster than the seedlings. so yes my outdoor plants showed sex both revegged and seedling.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
In all my years of growing, ive never seen a cannabis plant that didnt show its sex within a 3 monts of planting. Its my view that any plant that was planted by the end of june has shown its sex. Sometimes its not very apparent, but its there.

You have to have a magnifying glass.

With your mag, look closely at the 5th the 6th,7th and 8 branch nodes. Generally, the first preflower shows up at about 6-7 weeks on the 5th node, but they show again on the 7th,8th nodes about a month later. Its not unusual for the preflower to only be the sack/sheath without any hairs sticking out of it. Males wont have a flower until later, but from about the 6th 7th node on you will see a little knot, not a flower but a wart like knot.

Males are usually thinner and the branching more angular than females. Stand back and look at the plant generally. Are intermediate nodes filling in? Males dont have intermediate nodes.

Your plants are showing sex cheesy. Take some pics and we'll help you decide.

moonie

Just had my last plant show its sex today, bastard got the yank, fold, and stuff under the house treatment. Damn balls. Got it just in time, right next to some lovely ladies