What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

when is the best time of day to harvest a gorilla grow?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
when is the best time of day to harvest a small gorilla grow?
I have A plant in the woods 15 min away from inside my head.

IN October-november Id ride my bike to the spot with my camel water backpack and fill it with the buds. and try to make it home safely. the black&white pop up out of nowhere round here.

hamstring

Veteran
Cheese
That’s a loaded question. The best time to harvest is anytime, I’m just glad to get to that point. hehehehe

I guess it depends on where you live different communities have different peek times when they are out and about.
In my opinion get up 1-1/2 hrs before daylight head out to the spot and get in right at sunrise and if possible pick a work day or a nice sleepy Sunday.

If it’s a late harvest strain, Oct or later make sure you are not in there first week of hunting season that’s when hunters are out at their peek. Also, although this is debatable during hunting season and only during hunting season early morning and dusk can be bad times. This may be one of the rare times that 10-11:00am may be more secure.

hamstring

Veteran
after dark

I would like to hear Mr. Stinky’s and others comment on this as I am interested in some real experiences.

Never did this but it does eliminate hunters and others from the equation. My only problem is the entrance and exit strategy for this advice. If you have to bike or canoe in it could be tough. It has to be harder to explain why you are out in the dark to someone.

I also wonder about transporting the harvest at night. Sounds naive but I prefer to be able to see what types of automobiles are driving by and that’s not possible at night.

Ajunta Pall

I would like to hear Mr. Stinky’s and others comment on this as I am interested in some real experiences.

Whaddya wanna hear, Hammie? If I harvest in the dark, I do it after 3am, that's when the cops stop lookin for drunks and other nocturnal fuck ups. I leave my house between 3-4, take a flashlight w/me and large trash bags for my buds. Sat. or Sun. are the best days b/c of the very light traffic. I usually park the car further away while I harvest.

When it comes to the harvesting, I just whack the stalk and take the whole plant stuff it into the trash bag and move on. Once harvest is done (I check the buds in the daylight before coming to harvest at night) I move all the bags to a loading area. One where I can see traffic coming in both directions, and just load up as fast as possible. I try to finish early, before the sun rises, between 5-6.

THC123

Veteran
well it depends on your spot.

I just go during the day , it is a nature reserve and i have 4 exits/entrance ways and i know the area very very well.

I go with the mountainbike

dbfr3sh

what you should do is the night/day before soak the shit out of your plants and flush them good and wait until sunrise the next day. this is when you want to harvest...less nutrients in your buds because they are in the roots at night. traveling in and out of the woods at night is sketchy in alot of situations, going in the morning relieves some of these concerns. i would be out there at like 4-5am...do a light trim of fan leaves and stuff the remainder in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid.

Vol Funk

I don't know if I should recommend this, but it's a good idea to go out on rainy day. Preferably a huge storm where nobody really want to be outside. A nice thunderstorm with rains will get the job done nicely.

Not even hunters want to be out in this condition.

enter sandman

I grew outdoors since around 1985...I's go late at night, 2 or 3am, then harvest and stash it near a seldom used road. When daylight came, I just drove along, hopped out and recovered my harvest. Never failed. Leo will more than likely stake out a grow during daylight hours and leave, with the grow, if nobody comes around when night falls. This is not written in stone, but I went by that reasoning my whole life and was never busted. Stay Safe!

confused

I don't know if I should recommend this, but it's a good idea to go out on rainy day. Preferably a huge storm where nobody really want to be outside. A nice thunderstorm with rains will get the job done nicely.

^ I think inclement weather is a good choice. I just harvested 12 spring plants during horrible thunderstorms. Two different days, both still raining.

No one was out; I could tell who had been there because all of the old tracks got washed away and there were only new tracks to trace; It is exhilarating. I quit on the first day because I heard a huge lighting strike.

LazLo

I grow in public preserve with paved trails. My harvest must be field trimmed, colas in plastic container with screw on lid, popcorn in Tupperware. Regular sized backpack and lots of daylight runs. Parking lots closed at dusk. And only 1 used by normal people. Don't ask what the others are used for....

The only good thing is that drying is staggered when each lady is ready. Don't know what I would do with them all at once. Shared walls including carports/garages reveal what everyone cooks as it is.

I'll keep my money, you keep the change!

hamstring

Veteran
Hey Cheese, hope I didn’t hijack your thread sounds like you got lots of info and so did I.

I am really considering the nighttime harvest it does seem the most secure. Thanks for the feedback everyone I know I appreciate all the insight I can get.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran

I like this one.

also my lil planty got some rain tody. yea yea.

I grow on the edges of an Oak forest. I usally start at first light and go through the day. It takes most of the day to just get the fan leafs removed and hung to dry. I own the woods so it's not like I have to worry about running into anyone.

supersonic

I grow in bush and I go to harvest at twilight. So i'm pretty stealth and i don't have to use lights to harvest as there's just enough that i can see. I cut branches off with all leaf and pack them. In meantime night falls, so i later disappear in dark...

I do everything regarding growing at that time. I may only visit twice through the day in late flowering to check for mold, hermas, and state of ripeness..

Latest posts

Latest posts