What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The shocking truth about squirrels

kaochiu

Veteran
Squirrels. I saw one yesterday. They're good at cammouflage, but of course, they know nothing about digital photography, ha ha, losers!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I have never seen a squirrel eat meat before, that is strange....Most don't like them and as Switcher indicated they are called Tree Rats by many. I happen to like them and my wife feeds them. They amuse my dog and actually play tag together. I can actually feed them peanuts right from my hand....

But, like cats some would rather see them dead in the street.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Last year I´ve heard the first time, that Squirrels robbing little birds out of the nest, but this bird in the vid looks a little bit older. Another disapointment :biggrin:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I had some old edibles a couple years ago. I came up with the genius idea of feeding them to the squirrels. I had a couple squirrels fall out of the trees because they couldn't climb anymore! Who knew? Stoned tree rats.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I have never seen a squirrel eat meat before, that is strange....Most don't like them and as Switcher indicated they are called Tree Rats by many. I happen to like them and my wife feeds them. They amuse my dog and actually play tag together. I can actually feed them peanuts right from my hand....

Sorry good buddy! I don't want you as a neighbour! :)

shithawk420

Veteran

My grandfather used to feed them peanuts by hand too

window

Veteran
Never seen a squirrel eat a bird before but I saw something the other day which shocked me, driving through town, I stopped at some traffic lights and saw a seagull carrying a dead rat in its mouth.
Strutting up the sidewalk, proud as punch he looked with his catch, I’m sure these seagulls are getting bigger too, made me wonder, in a few years, will they be hunting small cats and dogs? Lol

Klompen

Both cats and squirrels get overpopulated directly because of human interference and then humans hate them for it. People can be hard to like sometimes.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
picture.php

window

Veteran
Maybe the seagulls will eat squirrels.
Sky rats eating tree rats.

I can see that happening for sure:)
I thought seagulls ate from the sea? Maybe they did, years ago before they started hanging around McDonald's drive thru's:biggrin:
Maybe they should be encouraged if they are catching rats, buy 'em a bigmac for each one they kill, he he.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I have Red Squirrels in my Pine Trees and the fresh Green Pine Cones get shaved down like Corn on the Cob by them

Charles Dankens

Ive seen the gray squirrels of Dankshire dashing off with pigeon chicks dangling from their jaws. With mature pigeons in pursuit, dive bombing the squirrels.