What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Inoculants Specifically for Cannabis

Sativan

I've been researching which inoculants actually work with cannabis.
I've read numerous times that each inoculant only works with specific plants.

But I can't seem to find exactly which ones perform well with cannabis in soil or a soil/coco mix.

There's Mammoth p but it's cost is ridiculous. $90 for 250 ml.

If anyone knows what I need to know please tell me.

Cvh

Supermod
Personally I use Bio Bacto for bacteria and Bio Myco for funghi.

They are very cheap products. Around 25 euro for 50gr and you only need a tiny little bit a pot. These are Dutch products so they might be a bit hard to source when you are not from the EU.

I heard a lot of good things from 'Great White' which is from a US based company. 1oz for 14$.
https://www.plant-success.com/product/great-white/

There are lots of manufactures for beneficial soil bacteria and funghi. Bacteria and funghi are the basis for an organic living soil grow style.
You can also brew aerated compost tea (ACT) and safe your money.
Just a remark, chem nutes will kill off your soil life or make it obsolete.

I recommend picking up the book 'True Living Organics' by the Rev and 'Teaming with microbes' by Jeff Lowenfels to give a basic understanding about using bacteria and funghi to your advantage.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I use Mykos and Azos as inooculants as they seem to be industry standard inoculates now, and have noticeable benefits protecting the plant and increasing speed of development of roots filling pots more evenly and in half the time and then the inevitable improvement in greenery.

However Cannabis and all plants select and cultivate the right biome for themselves through root exudates so one f the best ways to create the healthiest microbiome is to provide worm casting and any really well composted material and the plants will do the rest. I also add a product called Biovin, made from specially composted grape skins, that has billions of microbes per gram these sorts of things will give you the best start imo.

Latest posts

Latest posts