What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help Optimizing Plant Nutrition

stickyikkyu

Hello friends ! So I have decided to take the leap into high pressure aeroponics, and I am really interested in trying to optimize nutrient configurations through the life cycle of the strains I grow. I was wondering if anyone had any good advice as far as how to approach this ?
Being that so many constituents come in salt form, it is hard to figure out how to dial up any one specific nutrient without another shifting. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as how I can go about approaching this? What nutrients you would mess with first? What nutrients should be kept in strict ratios? (i.e Ca:Mg in a 2.7:1 or NO3:NH4 in a 13:1). Any general tips or advice would be greatly appreciated

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
- Make yourself familiar with hydrobuddy
- Buy a book (or two or three)
- Define aim: What is good, what should be better, do you see deficiencies etc.
- Have some tissue mineral analyses done

BillFarthing

Veteran
I have by no means mastered Hydrobuddy, but when mixing your own salts, start by defining your goals. Get some good books like Hydroponics: A Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower by J. Benton Jones Jr. Stuff by Howard Resh and Lynette Morgan is good too. Try to mimic and reverse engineer commercial lines to see what works for you. No one can do it for you. You have to see what works for you and keep trying to improve.

Good luck! The best part is the information you gain along the way.

jidoka

Your environment will be slightly different than anyone else’s. Finding a lab to do tissue testing is your best bet

Hookah79

Does anyone have a tutorial on hydro buddy?or some info on how to use it??i use jack’s hydro X calnit plus mkp at times and would like able to be able to use it.

Joshua015

Alright, I advice you to follow a healthy diet, there are a lot of website that can help

Last edited by a moderator: