What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strongest coconut oil I can make so far

imiubu

- Tincture strainer

Just got this off Etsy - tested today and it works like a champ.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/169065324/new-stainless-steel-herbal-tincture-oil?ref=hp_rv

Okay, I know this post is old but I wanted to thank you for the link. I've been looking at presses off and on for years now but hadn't found one that rings all the bells. I make various tinctures/ concentrates using a potato ricer as a press. My poor old hands just can't handle the pressure anymore.

methias

Pressed rosin edibles

Pressed rosin edibles

I recently bought a DabPress. It's amazing how much rosin I get from heat pressing La Confidential buds. Vaping is great but I want to make edibles with the rosin.

From what I've been reading I should be able to get the decarboxylation done with my Anova sous vide prior to pressing.
Next press and collect.

From here I'm a little iffy.
How to infuse the rosin with some oil or butter for edibles.
I'd think warmed oil would melt the rosin into it, but before I give it a try, I'd like to hear if someone else has experience with it.

Anyone?

:tiphat:

Vape on kids.

JRace

I decarb after pressing.
Mix the rosin and coconut oil (or MCT oil) in a oven-safe jar,
either put in oven (if your oven temps are stable) or better yet in a electric fondue pot filled with oil.

During decarb mix the rosin/oil with a wooden skewer (also helps to release the C02 bubbles).

For best results after deacrb and before use mix again, I use something like:

51Xp19NIh%2BL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

SamsonsRiddle

this seems to complicated to me.
i decarb bud for 40 mins at 140 f in oven. put the slightly broken herb into a sheet of aluminum foil then take a crock pot liner and tie it up to keep in the smell.

then i take the herb and put it in a small pan and mix in just enough oil to make it moist and go be able to use a dropper with - just a little soy lecithin. before i put the herb in a pan i run it through a coffee grinder. run this in the oven with aluminum foil around the top of the pan and once again tied in a crock pot liner at 200 f for 40 mins.

use a dropper to put into a capsule and that's it. KISS