What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent jay sus :dance013:

Glad you managed to finish Auto Malawi x NL with such good results so up north in your difficult climate. I'm sure you are going to enjoy with auto Zamaldelica this year too! Thanks a lot! :tiphat:

i kinda forgot about to post how these went. so all 5 of these got harvested in first week of september, yield was above average(~35 grams/plant, biggest being 50 g. of all strains average was even oz.) taste was really sweet, not really pleasant until about 2 months in the jars. but i did these in quite small holes to keep these small to avoid unwanted attention. only kink with these was that in very last days the tiny leaves on buds started to die and developed some mould but it wasn´t like skunk that immediately rots totally when exposed. overall i recommend this to northern growers, you can grow this at 60° northern even at very humid below sea level conditions at very cool summer. next year more of these and zamaldelica autos for me[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63613&pictureid=1970806&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

YukonKronic

Anybody else getting excited to see next year’s results with auto Zam?
Jaysus FarmerLion and myself as well as probably a buncha guys I forgot.... man. One of us is sure to do something special... can’t wait to see!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Yukon, I'm with you looking forward to this season. The size and density of the buds from my first grow of these genetics was amazing. Dubi and crew have done a great work. I'm watching the calendar!
Peace

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's Auto ( Malawi x northern light ) for the name, but the cross is malawi photo x auto NL ( to f3 & then f4 :) ) . So the auto side comes from NL auto .
Surely because NL is not the most dominant on sativas in crosses .
But well this is theory as it is auto one .

:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi The_Skunkist,

That's correct. This autoflowering strain was bred by crossing Old Malawi Killer photoperiod mother with an autoflowering Northern Lights,
then bred up to F3 generation to fully fix the autoflowering genes and other desirable traits,
and once it was 100 % auto in the F3 generation it has been bred one generation further so far.

I explained in more depth the Auto Malawi x NL breeding process in the post #15 of this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7903741&postcount=15

JimMuscles

Is this strain a smeller? I want to grow it on my balcony, but i can't if it smells like weed. For example, i have a killer a5 haze that has almost no smell to it that i am growing. The thing is i cant grow it on the balcony due to it being a photoperiod dependant plant.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi JimMuscles,

Auto Malawi x NL has a moderate odour intensity during second half of flowering.
Not super stinky, yet not null.

Burnwell

My auto-Malawi is 6.5 weeks with no flowering showing. Starting to wonder if I got a regular seed. Should I wait longer?

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
My auto-Malawi is 6.5 weeks with no flowering showing. Starting to wonder if I got a regular seed. Should I wait longer?

Also, what size pot or have you planted in the ground outdoors?

Do you have any pics?

Burnwell

Also, what size pot or have you planted in the ground outdoors?

Do you have any pics?

Container is around 2.5 gallons and indoor.

Attachments

• new 1.jpg
    new 1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 33
  • new 2.jpg
    new 2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 30
  • new 3.jpg
    new 3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 33

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Container is around 2.5 gallons and indoor.

She looks good :)
As Koondense says, give it a bit more time. She still looks small and you might find a sudden profusion of flower soon.

Interesting, i didn't know ace give out autoflower freebies. Maybe i missed it.

Anyway, give it another 10 days and hope it starts flowering.

Cheers

Ace were giving out the Auto Malawi as a freebie at the end of 2019/start of 20 (I’m pretty sure). I missed that one too although purchased a pack for outdoor recently through a local vendor.

Burnwell

Hey Stretch, what's up?

Hey Stretch, what's up?

Check this out. This is the stretch my Malawi just did. 4/7/2020 to 4/24/2020. Was about 18" at start of flower, now 40"! In 16 days! This lady started to flower 7.5 weeks from seed.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• malawi auto 4 9 2020.jpg
    malawi auto 4 9 2020.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 48
  • malawi auto 4 24 2020.jpg
    malawi auto 4 24 2020.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 42

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Burnwell :)

Your Auto Malawi x NL is looking very healthy and vigorous :yes:
Really big sized for an auto. It's the big yielding sativa/indica pheno.
We offered last year Auto Malawi x NL as freebie when placing orders on our website.
100 % Autoflowering strains don't take more than 5 weeks from seed to start the flowering.

Burnwell

Fun times.

Fun times.

20200524_211719.jpg
She's doing well at 6 weeks. Looks to be a good producer. Easy to grow and big for such a small pot. Love growing Ace genetics!

Latest posts

Latest posts