What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shishka's fresh start

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
It tax return season!!!
Time to revamp the old tent.

It ran well at about 35 w/sqft but I always wanted to condense it some. Now that I feel a little more confident in my overall yields not dropping, I wanna shoot for 50-75 w/sqft.

This previous tent was 5 x 10, so 50 square feet lit by 1600-1800 watts.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Old equipment
I have

3 x 600 watts air cooled hps lights.
1 6" x 24" carbon filter
had 2 x 425 cfm blower fans but one just failed on me.

I had a window ac that works for now but an indoor model is gonna be then next large piece of equipment I buy. Also I wanna consider CO2 enrichment options with a higher w/sqft so...

I'm deffo getting an 6" inline for the new build and a new 600w ballast since one of those failed also.

Also gonna get a 3-5 gal humidifier because I wanna focus on VPD optimization.

Off to Home Depot to take a look around and maybe start picking up some supplies.

Here's a few plants grown in the old system.

2gals
picture.php

5gals
picture.php

Feel free to post anything that you all think may help. Post pics links whatever or just bs chat it all good in here.

Even the haterz are welcome, as long as they are constructive.

GastroGrower

Haha, we could all use some constructive haters from time to time. New setup looks like it's gonna work well for you. Nice looking plant shots too.

onavelzy

Veteran
I'm definitely in for the build out and the run. Any gratuitous cooking pics/tips/recipes would be appreciated as well

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Good luck :)

Try to use ducts as short as possible to maintain the venting efficiency.
The main difference you are likely to face is temperatures, so make sure to keep your gear efficient and plants spaced enough for some air circulation.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Good luck :)

Try to use ducts as short as possible to maintain the venting efficiency.
The main difference you are likely to face is temperatures, so make sure to keep your gear efficient and plants spaced enough for some air circulation.

Great tip, Ill try and keep this more in the front of my mind now.

I atm trying to decide on a frame material. I dont wanna use wood again.

I calulated the cost to do it in pvc and its around $50 but I would have it tip the guy at Home de Pot to cut the pvc up for me.

I already have plenty mylar and blacl plastic so I can build and rewrap for under $75. The ballast is like $100 and the fan is around $130.

So Imma set the budget at $300. Hopefully the pvc can work or imma have to go back to wood again.

Thanks to everyone for taking the ride with me.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
So I went over budget on the can fan and ballast. Dropped 330 already and didnt even start on the tent materials.

I hooked up the new fan and turned on the 3rd light. I moved the extraction fan from the window and have it venting into the room the tent is in. Still getting fresh conditioned air directly into the grow space and the cool tubes hooked up to a phat filter pulling the heat into the room.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
So are you still gonna be using 3 600's? Imo, I think that's very sufficient for that kind of tent you have. Looks like you've been rocking it. Went over budget huh lol. I think we've all done that several times:D

OP

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
So are you still gonna be using 3 600's? Imo, I think that's very sufficient for that kind of tent you have. Looks like you've been rocking it. Went over budget huh lol. I think we've all done that several times:D

OP

Thanks man. Im still using the same old 666 set up. So far its been serving me very well but Ive been looking into vpd/co2 and Ive decided to go sealed.

I have 3 air cooled hoods a 6" can fan a 4" blower fan and a window ac. Im gonna figure out what would be optimal and maybe I wont need to shrink the tent. If I can get my co2 up to the right level, maybe I can justify the extra space.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
You will need more air movement in the tent (a rotating fan) but that looks about right

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Got the first phase completed.

I now gotta put the mylar up in the back, get some sort of co2 production and air circulation today before lights on.

As soon as I get the temps, humidity and co2 under control, Im gonna start experimenting with my nutes snd feeding schedule.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

It just makes so much more sense this way. More efficient use of the electricity I am paying for and a large gain in yield for a relatively small co2 investment.

Ill be running gg4, my diesel, chem4, neroli 91 and a bunch of homemade crosses by myself or friends.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
68 deg
51 rh at high noon.

Gotta run to get some more ducting and a new ocilatting fan.

I'm gonna skip the co2 for right now because when I do I want it to be a tank on a regulator. I may get one of those little buckets for now, but I think there's plenty of co2 in this building.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
At lights on the top of the canopy was hitting 82.

So I went and got the fan, ducting and some fittings. Spent about 40 more bucks.

Even at the 82 configuration the bulk of the foliage was around 77.

Working on stabilizing the temps...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
t
picture.php

picture.php

Got the temps under control by starting the ac 30 min before lights on. Max temp only hit 79 throughout the day. Rh at about 50%.

So I know this window ac isnt going to cut it in the summer and right now it freezes up and makes a clanking noise if it's been running too long.

I found an ad online for a used indoor ac for $50. When the woman responded she said that it worked fine but its just too big for her office space and she just wants to get a window unit.

I have used this site before and know that there are plenty of shady characters there. Long story short I arrange to pick it up and when I text her that im 5 min away, she texts me back

"I am so sorry but I just plugged it in and it is beeping. It has never done that before.it wasn't doing that when I tested it earlier. You are welcome to take it for free. I apologize for making you come all the way here"

Then she said
"It is outside the studio door if you would like to take it anyway"

I was like I know this lady didnt just trick me into disposing of her broken ac. When I got upstairs
and plugged it in it beeped consistently and flashed the warning light.

I decided to take it with me since I saw leds and hear the beeping. I knew it worked but was giving an error code. 20 min of research and a little elbow grease got an 8000 btu for free.

Now my temps 75 rh 60.

picture.php

Took some cuts. Gonna need way less clones since In going to all 5 gals. I use my diy aerocloner for propogation.

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I noticed that the ac was creating negative pressure in the tent. Did a little more research to find out I gotta put it outside the tent and blow the cold air in, since the ac was actually venting the tent faster than the air was coming in.

Still tweaking...

J

JE HOVA

I noticed that the ac was creating negative pressure in the tent. Did a little more research to find out I gotta put it outside the tent and blow the cold air in, since the ac was actually venting the tent faster than the air was coming in.

Still tweaking...

You have one of the nicest sour d i have seen in a while
Did u get to reveg her?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
It turned out I still had hella cuts of it in veg and at least 2 in flowering.

Shes deffo still around.

Latest posts

Latest posts