What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Shot at Organic Growing

R

!RA!

Update on the Sour S.A.G.E. - Good Stuff!

Update on the Sour S.A.G.E. - Good Stuff!

Well, that Sour S.A.G.E. bud shown in the previous picture was finally all dried and cured, so I decided to roll one up and try it yesterday. Amazing flavor and very smooth smoke with not even a hint of an urge to cough. Really enjoyable and focused high that lasted over 4 hours. Wound up sitting down and watching a documentary on Keith Richards, then finished building my first aero-cloner.

R

!RA!

Cookies almost done

Cookies almost done

My GSCs are getting close to coming out of the oven. Can't wait to try stuff the west coasters brought us. Seems to be pretty popular here in CO these days. Anyone here tried Cali Connections GSC Thin Mint pheno? Curious what your thoughts are on it. Seeing a little amber, so will probably start the TLO finishing tea tomorrow and flush the rest of the way. Will post more pics as things change. Here they are just over 9 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
the light and gentle texture of the smoke was one of my fave characteristics of the sage n sour I tried.

i could take enormous lungfuls of smoke with no choke.

R

!RA!

the light and gentle texture of the smoke was one of my fave characteristics of the sage n sour I tried.

i could take enormous lungfuls of smoke with no choke.

I hear that. Very smooth and hard hitting. Curious how it would test for THC.

R

!RA!

A Few Trichome Shots of the GSC

A Few Trichome Shots of the GSC

Got myself a USB microscope to get a better look at trichomes and such. Tried it out for the first time today. Here's a few shots of the Girl Scout Cookies.

picture.php

picture.php

Golden Tree

GREAT job buddy.....viva la TLO!!

Could never tell its your first organic Grow....;)

Everything looks very happy!

Respects friend

Be well

GT

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
great job RA! i also did my first ever organic grow this year outdoors and im super impressed with the quality,smell and flavor. my Delahaze this year is like a brand new strain that i have never smelled before. i will be doing my headstash strains from here on out in living soil for sure.

amanda88

warning_electric.jpg

phone_norfolk.jpg

electric_plaque.jpg

Nice grow but I'd be more comfortable

if you hung that ballast up,

as there is a saying, well apt too

"Power above your waist with water below"

good luck

Last edited:
R

!RA!

Howdy

Howdy

Hey, thanks for the comments Ky and amanda. Always appreciate hearing from you all. I'm definitely an going organic from here on out. Like Ky said, the difference in taste, smell and potency is very noticeable, even to a noob like me. I did hang the ballasts on the wall a while back and feel a lot safer now knowing that water and electricity are unlikely to meet. Loving the USB microscope and getting better at using it. Here's the Ghost Train Haze #1 up close and personal. Still pretty clear on most trichomes, but she's a sativa, so I expect a longer flowering time.

picture.php

Last edited:

fuggzy

What scope are you using? I'm waiting on a loop, but would love to be able to take pics too. I've got shat vision in general, but that big ass pic would make life easier. :)

R

!RA!

Scope

Scope

Thanks MicroRoy. Using this scope fuggzy. Got it on eBay for about $80. Well worth the money IMO, you can really get in nice and close once you get used to it.

picture.php

R

!RA!

Little Help?

Little Help?

So I have 2 plants that I just flipped. The Star Killer (first 2 pics) was 11 days ago and looks like a male to me. The Ghost Train Haze (3rd pic) was flipped 9 days ago and looks female. Can anyone with a little more expertise in sexing chime in and tell me if I'm on the right track? :watchplant:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

R

!RA!

First two are def male, not sure about that third pic. Looks more female but the angle is kinda weird.

Thanks Biz, chopped the one in the first 2 pics. Looked male to me for sure. I'm gonna give the other one a little more time, tough to tell yet.

dociron

Hey, thanks for the comments Ky and amanda. Always appreciate hearing from you all. I'm definitely an going organic from here on out. Like Ky said, the difference in taste, smell and potency is very noticeable, even to a noob like me. I did hang the ballasts on the wall a while back and feel a lot safer now knowing that water and electricity are unlikely to meet. Loving the USB microscope and getting better at using it. Here's the Ghost Train Haze #1 up close and personal. Still pretty clear on most trichomes, but she's a sativa, so I expect a longer flowering time.

View Image

I learned the hard way,,, my ballasts were down low, not on the floor, but I got almost 4 feet of water in my basement and the power was out when it happened, but I lost 3 ballasts, and all my genetics in that space. Keep 'em high!! (n you too!)

R

!RA!

That 3rd Pic Was a Male

That 3rd Pic Was a Male

Dang, that Ghost Train in the 3rd pic grew balls! :noway:

Latest posts

Latest posts