What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maj. Cottonmouth's First Grow

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Thank you Hank, I have been and will continue.

I have a noob question, when should I start looking for nanners and where should I check? I have been watching since they started flower but I am not sure where on the plant they would show.

the.rise

whats the lineage on that white castle? it looks like a great white shark pheno i saw not too long ago. I LOVE cmh bulbs though, they produce such short internodes and lovely resin.

Lookin great for a first grow, i hope mine turns out as sticky as yours surely will be

nanners pop out between nodes/stalk at the same spot you normally see pistils pop up. basically at any junction that looks like \\.||.// where the periods are.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
rise said right. Hermies aren't something to be overly concerted about if your stock is good, and yours appears to be.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
the.rise - the White Castle is from Nirvana Seeds and it is a cross of White Widow and Ice, here is their blurb

Breeder : Nirvana Seeds
Flowering Time : 8 - 10 weeks
Environment : Indoor / Outdoor
Seeds Per Pack : 5 Fem

This single white female is an F1 hybrid of two absolute winners.
With a White Widow mother and our award-winning Ice for a father,
White Castle is as outrageous as one would expect.
The sturdier, denser structure of Ice really thickens up the often light and wispy White Widow buds.
White Widow's flavour, strength, and social high remain very present in this strain.
Medical patients are extremely fond of White Castle for its pain-killing properties.

Hank Hemp - Thank you, that is reassuring

Stoned Crow - The Bellas came from Tiki Seeds and I honestly didn't know anything about them, the wife picked them. blurb from the bou below, bold emphasis is mine

Breeder : TIKI SEEDBANK
Flowering Time : 50-55 DAYS INDOOR/EARLY OCT OUTDOOR
Environment : INDOOR/OUTDOOR
Seeds Per Pack : 11

This strain was specifically developed for beginners.
This cross, of Northern Lights origins, shows a very fast and excessively generous blooming.

With its regular foliage, its medium size and its large flowers, this plant is magnificent and rewarding.

Very easy to grow, not very demanding and adapted to all kinds of grow styles, it must yet be taken seriously, as it could surprise more than a few experienced growers.

Mostly Indica 100-120 cm.

B

Brazilianfire

very nice grow, Is bella chao a pure indica? Looks sweet! Peace.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Dear Diary Update

11/22/2009 5 weeks flower
11/25/2009 watered 2 NL's and 2 Bella using the following per gallon, Buddha Bloom-8ml, Trinity-5ml, Ancient Amber-5ml, HP2-10ml, HPK-3ml, Cal/Mag-5ml, watered about 8 quarts per plant

And a video update and a nice pic of one of the Bellas

picture.php

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Damn major cottenmouth, those plants looking perfection now. You should be very proud of yourself my friend, you have done a fine job getting them the way they are!

What is your favorite strain you like?

Sorry I did not get here sooner, health has bite me in the ass lately and my back has caused a great amount of pain, my vertrbras slip and it makes my stomach sick cause the disc is slipping on my nerves and got no feeling on the right side of my leg all the way down to my 2 toes the pinky toe and the one before it and the part foot under those 2 toes have no feeling what soever, so I have been resting a lot and trying to get work done at the same time.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Damn major cottenmouth, those plants looking perfection now. You should be very proud of yourself my friend, you have done a fine job getting them the way they are!

What is your favorite strain you like?

Sorry I did not get here sooner, health has bite me in the ass lately and my back has caused a great amount of pain, my vertrbras slip and it makes my stomach sick cause the disc is slipping on my nerves and got no feeling on the right side of my leg all the way down to my 2 toes the pinky toe and the one before it and the part foot under those 2 toes have no feeling what soever, so I have been resting a lot and trying to get work done at the same time.

Thank you Stitch, sorry I did not post sooner, I somehow missed your update. I have only tried microwave dried tasters so far but the Northern Lights is my favorite high. Sorry to here about the health issues you are going through, I hope you are feeling better now.

outstanding mate... your hard work will be well rewarded it seems :D

Thank you, I am looking forward to the reward phase :)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Dear Diary update

11/27/2009 watered 2 WC using the following per gallon, Buddha Bloom-8ml, Trinity-5ml, Ancient Amber-5ml, HP2-10ml , HPK-3ml, Cal/Mag-5ml, watered about 8 quarts per plant
11/29/2009 6 weeks flower
11/30/2009 harvested left WC and right BC
12/1/2009 watered 2 NL's using straight water
12/3/2009 watered remaining WC and BC with straight water, watered about 8 quarts per plant
12/4/2009 both NL's are throwing naners so I am going to chop them tonight

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Oh yeah one glorious update for y'all

Dear Diary I am a retard and was feeding my plants at 1/3 strength because I have been reading the feeding schedule as per quart instead of the correct per gallon, yaa! for retardation

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I chopped just one of the NL's, the other only had one nanner I could find so I am keeping an eye on it. And I thought I would post a couple new pics.

Northern Lights
picture.php

Bella Ciao
picture.php

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hey major, just stopping by to see how things are going, your ladies look freaking amazing, that cola is beautiful! Too bad they only look like that for so long and then the chop!

Gotta love this hobby though!!

You ever smoked this strain before?

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Things are going well, smoking a lot of Northern Lights and loving it. I have never smoked any of the strains I am growing now, it is very exciting to smoke your own weed.

picture.php

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You did a real nice job, Maj!
Smoking your own produce is like nothing else. Just think of all the negative bullshit that you get to bypass by being your own grower. The black market is full of hate and hurt, and to me it robs the soul of the herb.

I know you aren't really asking for tips in this thread...but I will give just one...I find that if I give any of my plants at least a 2-3 week flush of nothing but water, it makes the final product so much more enjoyable and easier to assess.
Lately I have tried using Clearex (Botinacare) at the initial flush and it really gets them started in shedding the nutes and the chemical twang in the back of your throat. Takes the harsh right out of them and lets you taste what they really taste like.

Again, very nice job!

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Thank you hd, I am always looking for advice. The first ones to be harvested were somewhat unexpected and got no flush but the last three are getting nothing but water for their last 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see the difference.