What's new

Anti Siphon Valve

Hey guys. Trying to set up an automatic watering system for my grow and having problems with siphoning. This isn't a true hydro set up but I thought that maybe this would be the place to get an answer.

The setup is going to be a multi feed (6 times a day) in coco using pressure compensating emitters (pepco octabubblers 2gph).

This is the basics

Diaphram pump which keeps pressure around 40psi. Y filter and pressure gauge.

Leeds into room set up like this

I have to close the main valve after watering though because when the rez is full it continues to siphon into the room. Any suggestions to stop the siphoning? I could get a solenoid to open and close with the timer but they are $80 for a 120v solenoid. Hopeing there is a cheaper and easy diy way to stop the siphoning.

Any help is appreciated. Thx

looking good so far anyhow

Speed of green

plumb a 1/4" line after the pump back into the top of the rez. when the pump is running it will have water flowing through it, but when the pump is off it will draw in air and break the siphon.

or you can put a check valve. the check valve is designed to prevent back flow but it takes a good amount of pressure to open it.

picture.php

pump/pressure regulator/check valve.

plumb a 1/4" line after the pump back into the top of the rez. when the pump is running it will have water flowing through it, but when the pump is off it will draw in air and break the siphon.

or you can put a check valve. the check valve is designed to prevent back flow but it takes a good amount of pressure to open it.

View Image

That's the answer I'm looking for!

I like the check valve, clean and simple.

Thanks a bunch!

maxmurder

Veteran

View Image

this is what we use too.:biggrin:

Mr Blah

I am not top feeding and in fact I grow hydroponically but if you have a high calcium reading in your water it might plug up the check valve and make it nonoperational.
Not saying don't use it just check it often to make sure it is doing what it is suppose to do. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts