What's new

Timer for pump question

Bobazeba

Is there a timer that allows to be set every 48hours or so ? The week day ones leave a gap in my watering scedule.

Andyo

Veteran
doesnt sound right

doesnt sound right

i used 7 day programable timers and had the pump cycle 2 hours later everyday it was a pain setting them but i wanted that timing ,hence specific day settings.
you should see mo tu we th fr sa su.

Last edited:

Bobazeba

Thank you for the reply ! Yes I have a day of the week timer but what I really need is a 48 hour cycle timer.

mango420

Not sure what u mean by 48hr timer? Do u change ur feeds every 2 or 3 days or something? Grozone has cycle timers.

Andyo

Veteran
ah yes

ah yes

I get you ,,you would need change timing after 3 sets of 48 hours because its 7 day timer

Hmmm ok so why do you want 48 hour cycles ?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Hydrofarm $25 digital timer. Allows you to set on-off times for each day of the week. Edit: Nevermind, this won't do every 2 days it has a week schedule of 7. Cycle timers are better, yep

Last edited:
I'm thinking of trying home automation switches. I bought one already.

Check out Aeon Labs micro smart switch on amazon for example. These are Z-Wave devices.

Basically, you can connect your pumps or lights to these switches. Then, using a home automation controller, like a $49 Home Depot Wink, you set any type of schedule using a phone app. :)

The smart switches actually can report energy usage. You need a better controller than Wink. Like a HomeSeer controller. But, if you control everything with one of these $40 switches, the software will tally up all electricity usage in kWh.

Bobazeba

Right now my feed/water pump is on a Idevices switch but is set by the days of the week. I would prefer to have it by the hours because 7days is a odd number. I need to water every 48 hours etc.