What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
DeepWaterDude, I finally understand the aroma description of camp meat. Mine are hanging in the drying room in an area by themselves. The Zamaldelica x Kali China is so unique, I love her even more now. They will be coming inside to warm up and dry out a little more before jarring. I hope you are enjoying your harvest as much as I have enjoyed working through mine. Have a great day my friend and best of luck on the upcoming grow! Peace

Buddler

Veteran
DWD I see your absent its time for a update buddy, getting lonely around here..What seeds are you cracking?Hows the smoke keeping you on the move.:)

deepwaterdude

Hey, fellas, farmerlion, I agree wholeheartedly about the Zam x KC, unique stuff. Last night after work I puffed a bit of the outdoor Miss Perfect clone. I swear this is probably as close to a holy grail plant as I've been; just superb smoke in its flavor and effect. It softens more than stones and is very socially/mentally inspiring. The outdoor is uber sticky and dense, much tighter than the indoor mothers. Great stuff;) Glad you found your grow to be fruitful in knowledge and actual fruit;)

Buddler, I've been spying on your little ones, don't have mine going yet, but soon. Right now, I am custodian of the tupperware and jars, burping the little babies daily, keeping 'em pretty wet. I've just started testing the Panama x Zamaldelicas.
So far, #3, fat calyxed one taken first, is powerful and fun, less of a hybrid type high than the ZAm x KC, pure sativa. I get a seed per bud from her, and nice big ones;) I figured out her terpenes finally, and they are identical to the purple/red panama male I got with my first run. How do I know? Because there were plenty trichs on his ballsacs, so I smoked a good bit of him to see;) Anyway, this stuff had me organizing stuff with ease, very active and coherent.
I smoked a spliff of #2 an hour back and it's very light, with a bubble of stone all in the head, and soft eyes, heavy lids. Will need long cure. Terps are still mainly Earth with hint of lemon. Certainly agreeable, easygoing daytime stuff. We'll see after some months.
I think I've tested #1 once or twice, but will have to try again. Leaving a gram bud out for later. There are also scattered seeds in her, not so many to ruin the bud, enough to keep.

The Malawi will have to come down this week as temps are finally too low. She's still alive and I took a broken branch to test maybe tomorrow. Tiny buds, all crystal, one purple budded branch and 20 green ones;) Mid-November, who'd a thunk it?

Have a good day all, dwdee

G

Great stuff D!I think that my first Zmd xKC was close to MissP profile.
Waiting for next briefing on Malawi...:)

Buddler

Veteran
Hey, fellas, farmerlion, I agree wholeheartedly about the Zam x KC, unique stuff. Last night after work I puffed a bit of the outdoor Miss Perfect clone. I swear this is probably as close to a holy grail plant as I've been; just superb smoke in its flavor and effect. It softens more than stones and is very socially/mentally inspiring. The outdoor is uber sticky and dense, much tighter than the indoor mothers. Great stuff;) Glad you found your grow to be fruitful in knowledge and actual fruit;)

Buddler, I've been spying on your little ones, don't have mine going yet, but soon. Right now, I am custodian of the tupperware and jars, burping the little babies daily, keeping 'em pretty wet. I've just started testing the Panama x Zamaldelicas.
So far, #3, fat calyxed one taken first, is powerful and fun, less of a hybrid type high than the ZAm x KC, pure sativa. I get a seed per bud from her, and nice big ones;) I figured out her terpenes finally, and they are identical to the purple/red panama male I got with my first run. How do I know? Because there were plenty trichs on his ballsacs, so I smoked a good bit of him to see;) Anyway, this stuff had me organizing stuff with ease, very active and coherent.
I smoked a spliff of #2 an hour back and it's very light, with a bubble of stone all in the head, and soft eyes, heavy lids. Will need long cure. Terps are still mainly Earth with hint of lemon. Certainly agreeable, easygoing daytime stuff. We'll see after some months.
I think I've tested #1 once or twice, but will have to try again. Leaving a gram bud out for later. There are also scattered seeds in her, not so many to ruin the bud, enough to keep.

The Malawi will have to come down this week as temps are finally too low. She's still alive and I took a broken branch to test maybe tomorrow. Tiny buds, all crystal, one purple budded branch and 20 green ones;) Mid-November, who'd a thunk it?

Have a good day all, dwdee
Great post! about the jars I tend to get them in too late then it sucks ! wetter and burping is the key , your right thou a slave to the jars. but when its done, I bet you got some smooth smoke over there dude..

deepwaterdude

New beans started-new thread to start.

New beans started-new thread to start.

Great post! about the jars I tend to get them in too late then it sucks ! wetter and burping is the key , your right thou a slave to the jars. but when its done, I bet you got some smooth smoke over there dude..

Sorry for the long absence, I've been on more Toyota forums recently;)

Yeah, I shouldn't have opened my mouth;) Found some mold on PamZam 1 in its tupperware. Must have been a bit too wet. All the Zam Kc jars are fine, as are the other 2 PamZams. Otherwise I'm smoking some PamZAm 1 now, as I did all day yesterday, and finding it pretty deep. I also made about four good cakes of beautiful, golden, 110-73 micron hash from the trim and popcorn of the 5 plants.

I'm very sorry for the anticlimactic end to this particular story, but there're always more stories to tell and beans to pop, and right this minute, there are 6 fems a'poppin'. Just got dropped in water, they'll be babies in a week or so.

SO next thread will be 2 Panama Haze, 1 Haze x Kali China, 1 Malawi x PCK, 1 Zamaldelica (jealous of syd's), 1 Orient Express, all fems, to be grown under the NextLight Mega in what's called "Tuper" soilless mix; Coco, aged forest materials, perlite and basalt. No additives. "Tuper" for "two pounds per plant";)

Cleaned the 4x4 tray, the inside of the tent, vacuumed up the grow room and she's all shiny and ready to go. Will be a relatively low temp grow unless my heater gets fixed. That's the news, hope everyone's well and getting their minds blown, ddubya:tiphat:

G

Hey bro! :) Glad to see you around!

I don't know where the heck I've left my 220 micron bag ...With 160 for ice/trim I lose all the stuff ...Gotta get a new one.

I'm experimenting with curing humidities myself (without a rh meter of course :biggrin: )The one I kept more moist has gotten a slight ammonia smell that I am very used to from brickweed :biggrin: Smoke is great though.Gotta get a proper vac sealer.

Lovely lineup coming!I am ready to pull the trigger on the Panama Hazes ,but for next year so I'm pretty stoked,also for the rest because it is always interesting to watch strains you've tried yourself.
No offerings for the cat gods?

Hope all works well with the car,too...Or else OT's wrath might fell upon you! :biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deepwaterdude,

Despite my absence, i've been following your progresses with LOTS of interest! :)
A pleasure to see your first Zamaldelica x Kali China outdoor harvest, congrats!
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying with the balanced growing traits, effects, terpene complexity and bag appeal of this new cross. ;) Your feedback is much appreciated!

It's a pitty that the Panama x Zamaldelica regular cross did finally hermie a bit in your indoor tent, i'm really astonished with the yield and quality of the flowering traits of this cross. And your first smoke reports were truely promising!

A Panama x Zamaldelica hybrid has huge potential, i think this new hybrid deserves outdoor testings in more depth next outdoor season. And i also would like to produce and explore a fem version of the hybrid soon: Zamaldelica elite mother pollinated by Panama Goddess (reversed).

deepwaterdude

Tester wrap up and new thread

Tester wrap up and new thread

Hi, all, and thank you dubi for your positive vibes. Both tester strains were very interesting and gratifying to grow, besides the huge payoff of finished product;)

The Zamaldelica x Kali China is easy to grow, abundant, vigorous and BIG when given rootspace. Produces beautiful, dense buds, attractive to the eye and palate, has potency, bouquet and a unique effect. A real winner in my book and for all who've tested it. Very diverse plants with equally diverse growing styles and effects. Lots of purple-black hashplants, which tend to be fruitier smelling/tasting;)
I smoked some locally grown G Glue #something the other day and it was stronger, but truly disagreeable in its stupor-inducing stone. I don't want to feel/express myself like a head-trauma victim when I puff, with a wicked comedown after=sleep. I do have to say that the lady straight outdoor Zam x KC clone is getting pretty stony with cure;) But also has uplift, positivity, chattiness and wicked high.

The smoke characteristics for the Panama x ZAmaldelica will reveal themselves sometime long in the future. They were extraordinary in veg, obviously produced really BIG buds with good light and nutes, and only #3 was able to finish properly despite hermying. My best plant, #1, got taken way early at 13 weeks 12/12 and should've gone at least 3 more. In wiser hands, they will be enormous producers of top sativa smoke, for absolute sure. Don't test their stress endurance, though, even though my test was quite extreme. Nail in your conditions and this one will pay off big.

That's a bow tied on the past, and now we turn to the present;0) I'll be creating a new thread with pics from today.

These pics were taken a couple of days ago. The girls were born the 23rd except for Panama Haze #2 who came up the 26th. What you can't see is-
24 hour light
hand watered once or twice a day
temps in the low to high 80s
light dropped to @27" from tops (recommended 48 to 24" for veg)
1 gallon pots with Tuper coco based substrate with 20% earth worm castings mixed in. They don't need food yet and are growing like mad. I've fired up the pH pen for this grow despite "pH perfect" nutes. I trust that like I trust dealers on the streets.

Here they were at a couple of days life. Thanks everyone for following along, helping out with suggestions and good vibes! On to the next thread!

Attachments

• DSC02504.jpg
    DSC02504.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC02506.jpg
    DSC02506.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC02507.jpg
    DSC02507.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC02508.jpg
    DSC02508.jpg