What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2017

doams

Interesting decarb method. I'm not sure how effective it is though. The temp is a tad too high and the duration is a too short. But you do get high twice!

I like to decarb at 115°C (240°F) for 40 minutes. You should try PsychedelicSam's Green Dragon recipe, you'll like it.

I make my Green Dragon with 8 grams of cannabis and end up with 2 ounces (60 ml) of tincture. That usually comes out to a concentration of 24 mg/ml. My dose is 0.5-1.0 ml so 60-120 doses. That can last me about a month dosing 2-3 times a day. 96 g/year is easily doable.

:tiphat:

I just cant drink alcohol /medical reasons/.. thats too bad otherwise would go that green dragon way..
So gotta stick to oils butter etc.
Thinking about making some chocolate with coconut oil like 2 or 3kg brick lol.

last time I forgot to decarb before adding the buds into oil but ended up heating the oil to boil point few times think decarb happened there it was good havent done side by side test tho.

This method of mine is like emergency stuff would normally use oven and decarb the whole jar at once.. still gotta renovate the kitchen and get one in there.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yeah the alcohol can be a problem with some people. Probably one of the reasons that Prana uses MCT oil.

It is possible to transfer the Green Dragon to other mediums though. Basically you make the Green Dragon then add it to the desired amount of oil. You then heat gently stirring occasionally until you are back to the original volume of oil. This is referred to as a solvent transfer and it evaporates the alcohol leaving the cannabinoids in the oil.

I use this all the time. I have done solvent transfers to agave, corn syrup, coconut oil, olive oil, and sugar. The sugar transfer is amazing! It hits you almost instantly. I like to use the infused sugar and oil in cookies for a double whammy effect. The sugar hits you fast and hard. By the time that wears off, the oil kicks in. :biggrin:

I used to do the whole BadKittySmiles oil procedure and it made good potent butter, but it was inconsistent. The alcohol is a much more efficient solvent, with the solvent transfer you can make the oil much stronger than you could using the oil as the solvent. You can also judge the potency based on serving size. Something I find difficult with traditional oil recipes.

Sorry to rant, I've been into the Green Dragon this morning. 10 drops in my coffee. The alcohol evaporates and all you taste is coffee and a little cannabis! I don't want to post a link to another site, so just Google "psychedelic sam tincture" and you will find his long and epic thread!

Ingesting cannabanoids is a great way to saturate your endocannabanoid system. Do it however works for you. If you have any questions about the Green Dragon and solvent transfers feel free to ask.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Great info in the thread!! Any ideea on what concentration of cannabinoids agave or maple syrup will hold? Like how many grams of extracted bud I should transfer per ml of syrup. I am looking for maximum concentration it can hold.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Great info in the thread!! Any ideea on what concentration of cannabinoids agave or maple syrup will hold? Like how many grams of extracted bud I should transfer per ml of syrup. I am looking for maximum concentration it can hold.

I don't know what the limit would be, but I have easily made agave at 24 mg / ml. It's great in cold drinks. A teaspoon is 5ml or 120 mg. I'm sure I could have easily doubled that concentration The only thing that doest seem to work is vegetable glycerine. It had the same issues as trying to melt BHO into VG and ends up separating.

When using the solvent transfer, you are using the medium as a carrier instead of a solvent. As a result, the medium can carry more cannabinoids than it could disolve. PsychedelicSam makes a Dragon Oil that is just about as concentrated as RSO using the solvent transfer and coconut oil.

doams

Yeah the alcohol can be a problem with some people. Probably one of the reasons that Prana uses MCT oil.

It is possible to transfer the Green Dragon to other mediums though. Basically you make the Green Dragon then add it to the desired amount of oil. You then heat gently stirring occasionally until you are back to the original volume of oil. This is referred to as a solvent transfer and it evaporates the alcohol leaving the cannabinoids in the oil.

I use this all the time. I have done solvent transfers to agave, corn syrup, coconut oil, olive oil, and sugar. The sugar transfer is amazing! It hits you almost instantly. I like to use the infused sugar and oil in cookies for a double whammy effect. The sugar hits you fast and hard. By the time that wears off, the oil kicks in. :biggrin:

I used to do the whole BadKittySmiles oil procedure and it made good potent butter, but it was inconsistent. The alcohol is a much more efficient solvent, with the solvent transfer you can make the oil much stronger than you could using the oil as the solvent. You can also judge the potency based on serving size. Something I find difficult with traditional oil recipes.

Sorry to rant, I've been into the Green Dragon this morning. 10 drops in my coffee. The alcohol evaporates and all you taste is coffee and a little cannabis! I don't want to post a link to another site, so just Google "psychedelic sam tincture" and you will find his long and epic thread!

Ingesting cannabanoids is a great way to saturate your endocannabanoid system. Do it however works for you. If you have any questions about the Green Dragon and solvent transfers feel free to ask.

this is awesome info!
that idea of transfer didn't cross my mind if it evaporates 100% alcohol it should work for me :)

sure have a few questions if you dont mind..
any tip @ what C do I have to keep the mix to evaporate 100% alcohol off the mix and for how long?

on extraction topic how long do I have to keep the buds in alcohol for extraction there are different opinions on this some say 1 min is enough others say for days in fridge etc..

Is 60% alcohol enough for this?

and yeah what is sugar transfer /is it just adding some sugar into the oil if yes do I add sugar before green dragon or after or in the middle of process ?/ :O

thx.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
this is awesome info!
that idea of transfer didn't cross my mind if it evaporates 100% alcohol it should work for me :)

sure have a few questions if you dont mind..
any tip @ what C do I have to keep the mix to evaporate 100% alcohol off the mix and for how long?

I use a double boiler, so the boiling water never exceeds 100°C.

on extraction topic how long do I have to keep the buds in alcohol for extraction there are different opinions on this some say 1 min is enough others say for days in fridge etc..

The recipe I use uses a two hour soak in the freezer (see recipe below).

Is 60% alcohol enough for this?

You can do the recipe with 60%, but it requires extra steps and I don't think it will work for the sugar transfer.

and yeah what is sugar transfer /is it just adding some sugar into the oil if yes do I add sugar before green dragon or after or in the middle of process ?/ :O

The sugar transfer relies on the fact that the alcohol doesn't disolve the sugar. The sugar is mixed with the Green Dragon in a bowl, then allowed to evaporate in a baking dish.

thx.

OK, for details check out PsychedelicSam's Thread, Another Tincture Thread - Try it You'll like it. But I'll give you the short version.

Green Dragon Recipe
  1. Take 7 grams of cannabis and break it up to a joint rolling texture.
  2. Decarb the cannabis at 240°F (115°C) for 40 minutes.
  3. Place the cannabis in a jar, then place the jar in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
  4. Place bottle of 190 proof grain alcohol (I use Everclear brand) in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
  5. After 24 hours, add 3 oz. (90 ml) of 190 alcohol to the cannabis and shake for five minutes.
  6. Place the jar back in the freezer for 2 hours.
  7. Shake again for five minutes.
  8. Strain out the cannabis and filter through a coffee filter to remove the empty trichome husks.
  9. Return the strained cannabis to the jar and add 3 more oz. (90 ml) to rinse the cannabis.
  10. Shake for five minutes.
  11. Strain out the cannabis and filter through a coffee filter to remove the empty trichome husks.
  12. Using a double boiler, reduce down to 2 oz.

Solvent Transfer
  1. Using a double boiler, add one ounce of coconut oil.
  2. Add one oz. (90 ml) of Green Dragon
  3. Heat until reduced back down to one oz. (90 ml) stirring often.

This is just the tip of the iceberg my friend. :tiphat:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I made up a batch of double whammy cookies. I took a bunch of pictures of the solvent transfer, but somehow I lost them. These have infused sugar as well as infused butter.
picture.php

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I decided to try something savory. I made up a batch of South of the Border snack mix.

Ingredients
  • 1 oz. Green Dragon
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1 packet of Taco Seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 1 cup peanuts
  • 1 cup mini pretzles
  • 1 cup bite size cheese crackers
  • 8 cups rice cereal
  • 2 tablespoons American cheese powder (optional)
picture.php

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
  2. Transfer Green Dragon to 1 oz. butter.
  3. Melt remaining butter and combine with infused butter.
  4. Add taco seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
  5. Slowly add cereal, peanuts, pretzles, and cheese crackers.
  6. Bake for 1 hour at 250°F, stirring every 15 minutes.
  7. Optionally coat with cheese powder when warm.
  8. Store in an airtight container.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The yogurt girls have stretched way too much. The two in the back have bumped up against the ceiling, so I had to bend the main stock. Four days was too much as well, they started wilting because the res was empty. I was worried about tipping so I made some supports out of corrugated plastic. I may cull the two tall ones.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
This lucky stud got to spend the night with a different girl every night. I take the lucky lady with me into the bathroom, then I collect whatever pollen I can to save for later. Next I pollenate bud sites with a paint brush. Finally I put her under the sink for the night and take a shower. The next morning I take her out and spray her down with water, then put her back. I will probably do another round this week.

Ultraviolet #1
picture.php

Ultraviolet #2
picture.php

The Devil #1
picture.php

The Devil #2
picture.php

Last Diva
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
What seeds ya makin reeker?
Sup shawker,

I know how you love seeds. I am making autoflower crosses. Male is from a Seedsman Lowryder Mix pack.

Seedsman Lowryder x Delicious The Devil
Seedsman Lowryder x Delicious La Diva
Seedsman Lowryder x Samsara Ultraviolet

Will probably also hit up some other autos, Delicious La Musa and Heavyweight Fast and Vast. I also want to hit up my CBD Juanita la Lagrimosa photo, but that's a whole long project to make an auto strain.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I'm officially out of the yogurt cup challenge. My idea to keep the plants from tipping over had the side effect of keeping the cup off of the capillary mat. That's OK, they were outgrowing my cabinet anyway.
picture.php

I also put that poor Bubba Kush out of its misery. I needed a place to veg out these rooted clones before they go to their new home. Not bad about 75% in 21 days.
picture.php

I also killed my Lowryder #2 male. His legacy will live on with his progeny. He also left behind some pollen that i need to divide up and put in the freezer. Here are the five pregnant widows basking in the LEDs.
picture.php

I have decided to give the coliseum a break for a bit. I like the variety, but the work is a bit much. Constant cloning, trimming, and frequent waterings doesn't leave me with much free time. I plan to do screens like the other side. They work well for the space and don't require nearly as much work. They do require a but of veg time, but I can veg on one side and flower on the other.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So I have been dabbing on this Tahoe OG rosin I made dipped in Hell'so Fire OG terpenes from Blue Rive. My bioassay confirms the reports that terpenes modulate the effects of THC. :biggrin:
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Things went very smoothly for the first four weeks, but seems to have taken a left turn recently. They look like they are missing something in their diet. I added a bit of B1 to their normal feeding. I will use tap water instead of RO the next few times and see if it clears up. This is the worst looking one.
picture.php

Here they are after a clean up. I guess they don't look too bad considering. I hope I can straighten this out right away.
picture.php

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
U using calmag and silica ? That stuff seems to help everything.my plants love it.and beneficial bacteria.i use that too and my plants look the best i ever had. I vote for just ride it out .probably be good clean puff if ya just use water till the end