What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If i could only get through on 1 thing,, it has to be surface sterilising you clones,, it's easy and you don't need any expencive stuff to incorporate it into your current cloning protocol,, try it,, you will never look back,, i promise

Aspenou812

Veteran
If i could only get through on 1 thing,, it has to be surface sterilising you clones,, it's easy and you don't need any expencive stuff to incorporate it into your current cloning protocol,, try it,, you will never look back,, i promise

Feel free to share anything you would like to... Its good info and please tell me how you serialize your clones.. I fight inanimate bio slime all the time....

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Feel free to share anything you would like to... Its good info and please tell me how you serialize your clones.. I fight inanimate bio slime all the time....

i just started to fight bio slime again , i uesd z7 the first time ,this time im uesing some barley straw fermented extract, it works as good as z7 & way cheeper.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been using cutting edge solutions for a few months now. There is a learning curve involved but I'm liking it so far. Being able to add cal and mag separately has made adjustments a lot easier.

Good move. The plants need more calcium than found in tradional nute ratios.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am doing videos soon,, i could link you to other videos but it would spoil the mistique,,it's Indian stuff,, hindu people seem to be absolutely incredible at this stuff,, lol

Module 1 in the Coconut tissue-culture kit is surface sterilisation,,

This is the first thing we need to get to grips with when attempting to maintain germplasm long term, especially invitro,,, aceptic techniques are the absolute baseline of germplasm maintenance ,,

first step is cleaning your clones and keeping them clean,, attempt to incorporate this technique into your casual cloning protocol

There are many ways to do this process,, I'd advise accumulation of cleaning products and apparatus, many parts of the kit can be sourced independently, but I will work hard on bringing down the cost to rock bottom and sticking it all inside a uvc bag ,, 1 way or another you will use it all in time,, feel free to attempt module 1 without getting the bag,, you will need to get a uvc source but uvc flashlights are always handy

The uvc bag
Sterile cups
Amonia soloution
Distiled water
H2o2
70% alcohol
Multiple wide mouth jars with seed germination lids
Sterile coco
You can use clonex and general rooting formulations (but it's not a strong rooting cocktail),,,, later modules go into auxin and cytokinin ratios in relation to root and shoot diferenceation,, a balanced ratio induces callus groth (explained in later module "calus culture"),,, but till then you might find it easy to continue using clonex with its iba active ingredient

If you don't own a pressure cooker,, you might find yourself thinking about it,, it's a hack autoclave,, if you want sterile coco then you might need to autoclave it yourself,, or buy extra from the website I'm setting up for purchase orders,,

All the little bits I like will be available on the site,, but again,, you are welcome to outsource and DIY it for the extra effort,, otherwise I will attempt to facilitate

IBA
Naa
Liquid ms media
An a couple other amendments smash the casual cloning practice with clonex,,,slowly slowly

Anyways,,,

Is this too much shit to digest already?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm assuming everyone sprays down there rooms with h2o2 after finishing a grow?,,,,

spraying a whole grow room with 70% alcohol is always helpful,,, uvc lamps and ozone-co3 (best disinfectant in the world),, all good ideas and support good practice

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is 1 route to hit critical mass and archive the goal

Removing explants from the mother is simply as it sounds,,spray with amonia soloution prior to taking explants,, defolar,, re apply the amonia and go for the tip (aching to apical meristem disection) ,, side branches are more likely to be lesser in 1 way or another,, so go for the tit,,all tips can go into a mason jar with a seed germination lid,, this is where explants are washed and strained,, you should have a few of these jars with various fluids inside,, we will be swilling and draining our way through them,,, (il put a picture of my jars soon, should have done it earlier)

Anyway,,you have the choice of dunking and swilling your way through the jars,,,

after the amonia spray,,, rince the explants in distilled water,,, next is a softener,, i think it was mertle I settled on for the kit,, anyways,, you want to get in deep and clean so a non ionic detergent would almost do the trick,, this is a pre alcohol wash (10 sec alcohol wash is the last jar before you wash everything off with distilled water ,,

After that,, put your clean clones into sterile pods with sterile coco,,, boom done

Make any sense?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Placing the material in a 70% ethyl alcohol solution prior to treatment with another disinfectant solution. The use of a two-step (two-source) sterilization procedure has proven beneficial with certain species.

Using a wetting agent, such as TWEEN 20 or 80 (Product Nos. P1379 or P1754, respectively), can be added to the disinfectants to reduce surface tension and allow better surface contact.

Conducting the sterilization process under vacuum actually helps the removal of air bubbles and provides a more efficient sterilization process.

Murtle (sp?),, is important to have to help with permeability

It's a constant internal debate

Aspenou812

Veteran
So its getting busy in the Grow again have a total of 45 plants in various stages of growth... Going to go ahead and automate the 5x5 and 2x4 tents.. Timers and feed lines... Just trying to stay ahead of the game...

Aspenou812

Veteran
Trying is doing something with the intention of failure :biggrin:

View Image

cherry rider is all packed up and ready to go :dance013:

Sweet... Now to be clear I'm trying to stay ahead... It there is no room left in my grow to fail... I got this... That Angel on my shoulder whispering in my ear won't allow me to fail...

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
remember when i was 16 this older lady grew manitoba poison outdoor awesome bud at the time she had a green thumb for sure

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I've been thinking... About changing nutrients... I can't do it right now... Remembering a conversation with Dan... I'm going with the V+B simply because I know how it performs well and works... The very last thing I need now is to risk these plants trying something new.. When I'm up and running later this summer ill switch to the cutting edge.. There simply is no room at the moment for unknown learning curves... I have way too much to loose... Finally back in the green... And I'm not gonna mess it up..

U

useless.gardens

i was gonna say that.

v+b & epsom isnt alot of work, risk, drama, or complication... plus you know it already.

nuts to change a thing.