What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4 Phenotypes

soundman

Like DT I've been growing GG#4 for years with never a sign of hermie and I'm quite rough with my treatment of plants,I cull any strain that is delicate or finicky. Can't remember seeing anyone claim they had a S1 that was the same in quality as the original GG#4 and there are a lot of S1's out there.

I hear you. I have seen smoked a few different folks S1's in dried bud form only. Never the same as the GG4 pheno but still some good ones. Out of the two I have only one has any GG4 terp profile in it. That one still leans more skunky than GG4 too. It is just the one that has any hint that it came from a GG4 bud.

I still believe these are S1's. Talked to the grower and he thinks the same.

Time will tell if they were worth the effort.

Thanks again for the info. I get to worried over things now that I am done working. Too much time on my hands.

DemonTrich

Veteran
S1 (imo) are like Toyota is to lexus. Sure their made by the same company, but Lexus is far superior to their Toyota counterpart. An s1 will never be a true clone only GG4. Oh and mine are HEAVY feeders. 1480ppm (feed, water, feed, water). If I don't follow this, they start to consume themselves at week 5 like it's week 9.5. 4 yrs going like this.

HOVA

Veteran
GG#4 is a light feeder,I never go over 600 ppm and she doesn't like to be root bound and she can triple in size in flower,16" plant can end up 48".

Aint that the truth brother
I got her in a scrog under 600's and the skank jumped up so high that she smacked her head on the hood
I had lift the hood an inch or so more just so she can do her thang

morgandecaptain

S1 (imo) are like Toyota is to lexus. Sure their made by the same company, but Lexus is far superior to their Toyota counterpart. An s1 will never be a true clone only GG4. Oh and mine are HEAVY feeders. 1480ppm (feed, water, feed, water). If I don't follow this, they start to consume themselves at week 5 like it's week 9.5. 4 yrs going like this.

Were not that far apart, I feed constant and you do straight water in between your feeds.

morgandecaptain

I hear you. I have seen smoked a few different folks S1's in dried bud form only. Never the same as the GG4 pheno but still some good ones. Out of the two I have only one has any GG4 terp profile in it. That one still leans more skunky than GG4 too. It is just the one that has any hint that it came from a GG4 bud.

I still believe these are S1's. Talked to the grower and he thinks the same.

Time will tell if they were worth the effort.

Thanks again for the info. I get to worried over things now that I am done working. Too much time on my hands.

It's all a matter of personal taste anyway and you may find a S1 that you prefer to the original, I actually prefer smoking my glue crosses.

Bongstar420

All this herm talk is cause your gardens are stressin..Ran it plus others...the bananas come out from stressin.

Every plant that pushed pollen had pollen free harvests. Being aversive to this trait means your not willing to up your grow technique.

Got 'ACDC'...not one pollen sac no matter the stress. So you can breed it.

It appears to be recessive if that helps

soundman

All this herm talk is cause your gardens are stressin..Ran it plus others...the bananas come out from stressin.

Every plant that pushed pollen had pollen free harvests. Being aversive to this trait means your not willing to up your grow technique.

Got 'ACDC'...not one pollen sac no matter the stress. So you can breed it.

It appears to be recessive if that helps

My first post says I am popping two bagseeds from another folks grow. My garden is plenty happy.

The "herm " talk comes from the fact that GG4 was found from herm garden.

I am not concerned with hermie issues. Other than wanting my seeds to be from an hermed or intersex GG4 instead of other stray pollen.

Thanks anyway.

soundman

Last question I think.

Anyone know if most S1 offspring go the average 56 to 63 ish days of flowering I see in GG4, Sour Dubble and Sour Bubble threads? Wondering if there were longer flowering plants seen?

I would like to not start too early or late fading the plants. I am in about 5.5 weeks 12/12 or about 3.5 weeks since first sign of sex. These were slow showing sex.

No real GG4 terps but that is great too. I am actually am looking for something different and stronger. Bagseed is a four month mystery. Fun.

Pro Headies

Veteran
Ive grown S1s of GG4 and GG4. The S1s ive seen sour dub phenos, glueish chocolate phenos and sweeter candy like phenos flavor and smells wise. Growth with all short and bushy nothing like there mother. There is good stuff in the S1s but havent found any as good as mom.

soundman

Ive grown S1s of GG4 and GG4. The S1s ive seen sour dub phenos, glueish chocolate phenos and sweeter candy like phenos flavor and smells wise. Growth with all short and bushy nothing like there mother. There is good stuff in the S1s but havent found any as good as mom.

Thanks for the reply.

Curious as to the flowering time on those phenos? Mine are both super tall and very bushy. Lateral branching taller than main stem on one. One smells sweet to my wife but sour to me. It has the much larger buds than the small bud pheno. The small bud one had a skunky shit smell that went away. Want that terp profile back.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
picture.php

Here is the tall one that stinks like glue but a little more earthy stitting next to its mother.

The other gg4 x n91 is short and squat with no stretch if compared to this one, but still has the glue profile. just sweeter.

Ill be throwing them both in for sexing as soon as I get a clone from each.

soundman

Not too excited about these two plants. They will be frosty and stoney but not the terpiness I wanted. One of the plants makes me think S1 still instead of stray pollen. The second one though, I have not seen anything like it in the GG sub forum.

Here are a couple pics, still learning how to get good ones, at around day 53 of 12/12. They were a little slow to start flowering. Bigger bud pheno smells sweet and sour. The other lost most of its smell but is mild GG4 and something else I can only describe as smooth. Maybe cream? My attic is leaking super stink though. :biggrin:

At least these bagseeds are better than my last seed order from Attitude. That sucked. I had a health scare and panicked. Gave away several tents and lighting, all my genetics. I had the best Ogs and a special pheno of Verdant Greens Bubba. Moved to WA to croke. Still here and finally scraped up a tent. This is my second grow here and it is different than my Burbank house for sure.

Sorry to vent but this shit has my anxiety through the roof everyday and not get what your used to bites the big one. At least it will be smokable. I literally gave away almost a pound from my last run. Im spoiled and hate it. :)

Ramble off. I will post a few more pics in a week or so before the chop just incase I can learn any more about what these may be.

I do appreciate any input.

Throwinstones

So theres the real deal GG4. But that bitch will throw a seeded pack or 2 from that there had been countless "s1" seeds, with that you can find some decent nonsense but in the end nothing runs like the real deal girl, up in vacationland there is a few cuts going around as the "gg4" but they arent the same. nothing compares the the workhorse that is the reall Gg4, no i have heard theres more phenos coming out of the orginal camp but i havent ran any of those personally.

frostqueen

Since gg4 IS a clone only (not talking about s1), there's ONLY ONE phenotype.

I was gonna say... how can you have different phenotypes of a clone-only plant?

That, and I've never seen so much as a single banana on that plant after a dozen runs.