What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4 in Canada

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I feel like they are trying to ride the coattails of a bunch of big name crosses and clone onlys. When you take a mom and throw a bunch of ruderalis at it you're going to end up with something pretty different from the original clone.

CoCoSativas

I feel like they are trying to ride the coattails of a bunch of big name crosses and clone onlys. When you take a mom and throw a bunch of ruderalis at it you're going to end up with something pretty different from the original clone.

I felt that way at first though in talking to them they turned out to be pretty cool their rep is a good guy aND so is his boss haha they sent me a pretty substantial pavlova for nothing in fact the largest they have ever sent anyone for free... I told them want in my room you have to put up a serious commitment because I am... they did.

I agree the autos probably won't be the same as the clones but you might find some that are the same or carry smells and flavors or highs of the originals so I think that's cool. For me being autos are a surprise so I like that. I dig seeing some different stuff.

S1 of gg4 is different but people still want it there is a use... mostly for me I'm hoping it's super frosty like mom and maybe has that smell the clones did in the pack shit I can only imagine the weed....

Away I am going to hope they are pretty good I'm sure i will get a decent price for most if it's not my thing haha really I'm not loosing too much...

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
autos certainly have their place in the cannabis growing world, as do fems. There will always be folks who love the idea, hate the idea and those that don't give a damn.
I see the emerging market of fems and autos as an okay thing, as long as the folks breeding them aren't just chuckin pollen on a bunch of clone only's to build up a catalog.
I know several guys who have minimal space and spend way too much on weed they could grow themselves. A feminized auto that can finish inside 70 days from seed and yield say 6 to 8 ounces per square meter would certainly be a cool thing for stealth mode growers.
the other benefit I see is for guys who can get away with a low height greenhouse or along a high fence. having auto fems would be almost as nice as planting clones tho the autos seem to grow small stature so many could be planted in a very small garden with predictable results.
but I fear the thing I mentioned earlier where a lot of these seed slingers with their big fancy catalogs full of tasty write ups and gooey pictures, are just feverishly chucking pollen at other peoples work, hoping for a hit.

hopefully for fastbuds , their gear is on point, as I know yer gonna grow the shit out of it and if it's bunk.... well.... I'll expect we'll hear about it :D :D

CoCoSativas

Everyone's working clones these days. I don't see that many people posting big seed pops and working from the start (I myself just popped 100 seeds as some know) which I like to see the most but I'm cool seeing people grow any way that pleases them. What separates say bodhi from fastbuds both are slangin seeds that hail from clone only mom's both have used gg4 did B ever pay Jose to use the glue in space monkey? They have been decent to me as has bodhi, so like bohi they have gotten space in my room.

Thanks TT I will try and put on a show this time I will be on top of my grow things are on point around the house and shit so I think all will be good.

We will see guys who knows maybe this glue auto will be good! I have lots of gg4 crosses and access to the glue mom... I'll have lots to compare them too.

I see many uses for auto fems. I may end up using them inside lomg term as well as my intention of being able to finish a plant in my area. TtT can understand he knows where I'm at...

I dig fastbuds because they pay to be here as a icmag vendor I want to give them a chance.

Anyway I am interested no matter what they should come out alright I haven't grown anything less than impressive even my early harvest stuff came out looking and smoking real good.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Few things I've learned about shipping clones.
1) Water leaking from the bottom of the stem/roots onto the leaves will fuck the clone up.
2) Light isn't needed.
3) Vacuum sealed is best but don't take much air out.
4) Heat is the #1 killer. Always place at least two frozen cold gel packs in the box with the clones.
5) Make sure the clones or anything else can't move around in the box.

Yeah.. some tough lessons there.. One of these days I'll get it right.
75% success rate for clones. And how many GG4's have we gone through before I got the real thing. Sheesh. Da glue is killing me!!!

I'll have to refine the box again but from my past shippings I'll say this.

-Light isn't needed, in fact I wont use it in future shippings. The clone shippers with lights is a gimmick. I think the added weight just makes more problems.

-Freeze the Gelpacks as solid as possible.

-It looks like impact is the biggest killer. Ugh, I wish I could see the aftermath. Broken stems... so sad!

-Priority flat rate shipping is my friend! :) :biggrin:

YetiOG

the ogkb 2.0 cut is the one I'm really after, it just screams smoke me.
not that the appearance of the GG#4 doesn't turn my crank, but something about the colours and frost on that 2.0 ....... we always crave what we don't have LOL
The Black Tuna we have up here probably equals both in terms of "elite" status and ridiculous frost, nose, high, but I think the tuna comes in under those two cuts in the lab testing from what I've seen. Hopefully one day the GG4 and the 2.0 will migrate my way :D

Black tuna is not even close to the quality of gg4 or cookies. Its nasty i wont run that cut again nor anything related to it...