What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mail Person and Neighbor ratted - no police visit after 2 years

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I just moved cause something felt wrong. I was sure (at least) one of my fat oldster neighbors was watching me.

I never did business out of the house.

Never carried in a bag of coco or bottle of nutes in the daytime. and at night only in a black plastic bag. Never smoked a hooter on the porch or out except in the backyard in a discreet pipe, out of the way of all viewers. I was diligent. Very quiet, I pride myself on making no noise if I opt to.

Mail Lady stopped acknowledging me at a certain point, and I knew something had changed. I noticed that the tub-o-lard across the street was always following the cute mail lady, bothering her, and talking with her as long as She would every day.

Later, after moving, I found out that the popos were advised of my growing months before, and never followed up. The fat Illinois Man had been keeping track of my comings and goings on paper, and had decided that when I went to the gym at 830 in the morning, I was up to no good. But, he had no idea what ' no good. ' I knew this lardass was a problem on the first meeting, cause he was completely exasperated by my answer of "what I do for a living." (The standard midwest-american greeting, "Hi, what do you do..?")

So, He just called the cops.... I think I know when that was. For a week period, months ago, there was one day with several passes by a local cop. It just felt wrong.

WTF,,,,>? I Had a perfect front garden, took care of the property very nicely, NEVER bothered anyone, and helped oldsters with shoveling snow, which is more than anyone else did in the nabe. I even used to mow the next door;s lawn when it was going into foreclosure to make things look occupied and neat. In today's AMerica, fear rules...!@!!!! Too much tv watching..@!

The oldster next to THEM was also watching Me. It was so obvious. After I moved She told the LL that I didn;t have lots of traffic. I was being watched by them too. A third neighbor came over once to retrieve his cat, and made a (positive) comment about pot. So everyone knew.

I AM IN A MMJ STATE, WITH PAPERWORK.

Even though the popos had many chances to come talk with me, as I informed the landlady after I was gone, they opted NOT to interview me.

On the day I started moving out, a cop passed the house 4x in 15 minutes. Another rat call. Why..? I may be going away for the weekend... Is this reason to call the pigs..? Only in George Orwell's America.

All the best, I;m gone, at MASSIVE $ expense to Me, but halfway through my first nice Triple Diesel/Gorilla Glue grow in a nice outbuilding on 2 acres. A building that was used for growing before, as the exact 6" holes drilled in the walls would indicate, and it has 35 amps service, for a small outbuilding. And all covered up with particle board now, until I rented it. A cannabis friendly city 30 mins away that is truly that.

YET, it's another house where I am sure I am being watched by the nabes directly across the street once again. But, it's different this time.

EVEN THOUGH it is in a nabe with lots of 1 and 2 acres, people are still nosy. As luck would have it, I tried a different tack this time cause I am tired of this shit.

Before I met the new curious nabes directly, who I could see clearly observing me in what they thought was a darkened room for hours, across the street, one of their house guests felt obliged to walk across the street to meet me (cause I was loading up a kayak on my truck, he said he had to meet me..?>?) So, we talked, and I followed him back on his prompting, I walked directly into their backyard, where they were playing volleyball, and saw 5 POT PLANTS in the ground... Acted like I didn;t see em, but the young man who ultimately would later be an a hole was obviously upset that I was there. GOOD> TABLES TURNED.

haha. I can breathe a little bit, but the next door nabes are watching me too.

I'll move farther up north in the spring, to a larger lot still.

ITS A MED STATE...!!!! WTF..? Getting tired of this. I feel like fighting back, although it can;t help. jaja

Last edited:

waveguide

Veteran
trying to relate details on a web of inference usually doesn't sound good,

but yeah, as much as i think it's important to address... basically institutionalised oppression, exploitation in society... you'll see me bitching about the masons all over and fuck fucking society..

..but the fact is, some cops, SOME, and it must depend on the department, are really decent people. in pima county i've known many cases of eg. ignoring plants when the issue is someone's safety. i don't like institutions.. but there are decent people out there, despite all the lies bullshit + propaganda.

and sure, some other growers are the first candidate for turning you in. pretty funny, huh.. i can't imagine being such a low shit sucker to try and do something like that, what a sad and powerless expression of being they are.

it's like, why the fuck does anyone grow pot, if all they're going to do is be uptight and conniving.

stasis

Veteran
It's all good. Not about to stop unless forced to. I'll keep looking for shangri-la, as if it exists.. haha.

So far so good, even though I know the next door guys are hiding behind blinds watching too. What ever happened to people simply assuming the best...? This new nabe is low crime, but is 6 miles from the 3rd highest per capita city for murder in the USA, so fear is endemic here. Not up north as much. I know where I need to go. Spent a couple months there when I initially returned from NorCal 2.5 years ago, and was there as a kid quite a lot camping several times each spring & summer. Passed the area on the way to the big lake. It is where I meant to go, but couldn;'t find a house near there in four months of searching, so I took this one, halfway there, geographically.

Will cross my fingers, and do 3 runs here of Triple D and GG4, get my new Shantibaba's NL5 x Haze, Old Time Indiana Bubblegum, and DJ's Blueberry seedlings phenos chosen and sorted out for the next growspace up north, and enjoy a pot-friendly area 1/2 an hour away from here, until then. There;s even a farmers' market for pot there.

Last edited:

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I assume everybody is watching and waiting to snitch ....most everybody are. I'm dealing with this in a very rural but conservative part of so cal but still a legal grow in a med state you'd be surprised how many of your neighbors don't know what you're growing is legal. Most of them have no clue about med laws. They just know cannabis is BAD...typical brainwash bs

stasis

Veteran
I assume everybody is watching and waiting to snitch ....most everybody are. I'm dealing with this in a very rural but conservative part of so cal but still a legal grow in a med state you'd be surprised how many of your neighbors don't know what you're growing is legal. Most of them have no clue about med laws. They just know cannabis is BAD...typical brainwash bs
Spot on. I always assume I am being watched. Not to be paranoid. QUite the contrary, if I cover my bases, I do not have to worry...... They're spying and ratting anyways..! haha, Sheesh. Looking forward to living on at least 5 acres next time. Just glad I left when I did, cause it was time to beef up production for winter, and have 3 generations of Triple D plants. Thus over 75 plants in total, easily. To live at the popo/s and nabe;s mercy gets old.... Bastards...

Last edited:

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Yeah I'm thinking of going up north ...really don't want to I can grow outdoors all year down here but people don't know how to mind their own I'm on 5 acres nearest neighbor is 2 acres away but visibility is 10 miles not a lot of trees and flat. Twice ive seen dude watching me with binoculars in May when I was digging my full season holes and again yesterday as I was clearing a pad not sure how to handle it but like 5 times I've seen him watching me it's getting to the point I'm thinking of doing a knock and talk before this gets out of hand obviously ignoring it won't make it go away ...I'm open to advice.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Gee its like everyone there works for the cops , whats up with that , why dont they just mind their own business ,,,

Big-Narstie

What a lovely relaxing friendly world we live in... Someone's plan is coming together still I see!

Not to get to personal and I know it shouldn't matter either way but it's about how you dress, if u look after yourself(sounds u do if u go gym) keep a clean tidy property yada blah n so on.
Sounds I have it abit easier than you n were not legal in any sense. But I know eyes are watching through greed, paranoia, jus nosey but mainly through jealousy its shit mate.

I remember the 80's being soooo different its unrecognisable now.

Least you got the means to up n leave many don't.

Good luck in the future bro!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
If you are going to go against the grain of the mainstream, in this case simply by being demonized for being different, understand it is in some part on you to deal with weak humans contempt.

Contempt management is very important. Many people need positive interaction to not feel at odds or offended. Opposite of many grower personalities and protective personas.

I have been in the same place 15 + years, and I am not the perfect neighbor and I have social anxiety issues so I am off irl until I get real close with you, but I care and I put two very caring, respectable kids who are very well liked (get compliments about having great kids from neighbors).

As Thomas Jefferson said, in matters of taste swim with the fish, matters of principle stand like a rock, I try very hard to separate my relationship with pot from my relationship with the people around me who don't understand it.

I think because I am likable, and try to connect at least on some level, that people aren't so quick to polarize themselves over me.

Should we HAVE to do the whole make people like you to stay safe? no

Is it easy for everyone? fuck no

Is it a reality none the less, yes, as is jail

At some point we have to pick and choose our battles, I don't know if this helps or not, but it is helped me avoid a lot of prosecution in the past, including during police encounters.

It is easy to fuck someone you don't like, and its easy not to like someone if you categorize people and marginalize them based on that.

Many people demonize drug use, and when they first encounter you they label you, and if the first label you catch is one like that, they will dislike you from that point on. If the first label is one they identify with or appreciate, well it goes a long way to avoided getting labelled any other way, even if it is appropriate.

Watch episodes of cops, most cops when they arrest people negatively categorize them, what the some doesn't show you is them letting people off because they were of a different category (police relative, neighbor, friend, paid off etc)

Human nature works that way, we are swayed based on emotion and perception.

stasis

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by... These are issues we all face. Many people are envious of anyone not suffering like they do, or did. Especially in the stoic and often puritan Midwest. MMJ state or not. And the "What do you do question," which is the first thing out of their festering gobs is not staunched by the reply, "I work on the internet."

I am friendly to all. I keep em at arms length. It's obviously not enough. After 10+ years in Coastal Mendo, where all bets are off, and no one really seems to care about anything that does not directly benefit them right that moment, everyone ratted except the mellow bikers who were also growing. Our pets used to play together, we only talked a couple times over 2 years. Behind me was a meth user who also was a prop 215 card holder, and smoked plenny pot. But hated my landlady. Threatened me on the first day I was there, with his supposed arsenal. F that. I had 2 great summers, in a huge greenhouse, and won my awards. It was HELL though, and a battle the whole way. LL demanded a bribe or She'd sell the house, I said buh bye. She never sold it, and kept the 42 foot long permanent greenhouse for her daughter and redneck BF to grow in. Well done. It only cost the partners I started with 3K anyways. But what could be grown in it....!!! Her Live in BF was already a huge grower. Greed, ya..?

7800 dollars later, on the last possible day, I found a rental suitable in the horrible housing market that has only gotten worse since then in Mdo. Stayed there for 4-5 years. It was good. The MJ market went to shit, but the house was good to me. And the neighbors. One of which is still my friend. She was employed by the police, and claimed I was the most normal neighbor She had. I was their guest at Thanksgiving Dinner, FFS...!
But. the area also had a crank (that my popo friend could not stand) who had lived in his modular since there were no other houses around... For 18 years, and acted like the mayor as he sat on his porch stroking his HAM radio, smoking with his fat wife, yelling at her between sips of cheap beer. When I was introduced to this dunce, I had barely said my name, when he started going rant on Al Gore, for some odd reason.... At least he didn't ask me what I do. jajaja ===
Welcome to NorCal all it takes is one nutbag, to ruin the party. After 4 years he blamed interference w his radio on my garage grow, which we never discussed. Actually, it was his next door neighbor's 8 digi balasts, right next to his house that was interfering, but this dude was my friend, so I just wasn;t gonna rat - I had had enough and packed up. Shit the near shambles but private house was 1700 a month..!

But, This Midwest MMJ state is especially paranoid. Its all about Law Enforcement, An obsession. Cannabis still has a huge stigma. The gun violence puts people on edge even if it is just the news about other areas.

I;m learning. No worries. I pulled off a double crop right before I made the decision to move. It was not sudden by any means, I had been looking for a place for 3+ months farther up north for land contract and rental, the competition was too fierce, I guess and the LC houses too shot to hell to want to take on - I;ll try again this spring, but start early, and have a bundle of cash to drop for an LC or rental.

I;ll go for pulling off 3 runs in the nice outbuilding. No one cares about anything in winter, except sleeping, eating, and staying warm. Then I;ll go further up N to Morel Land, in time for mushies hunting and some greenhouse work.

Last edited:

Big-Narstie

do by any chance "have a tan"? it would explain away a lot.

Hope your referring to pale faced stoner n not racial but I hear that's more of an issue over there than itis here too.

I wish folk would just keep their views n opinions to themselves irl.

Sounds like you live in a episode of family guy or something but everybody grows or smokes meth.

I'd never take a bath through one of your shenanigans!

Last edited:

stasis

Veteran
Oddly enuf, the dark skin point is well taken, esp in this state of fear. The rental home in question had nabes prevailing on the LL NOT to rent to African Americans. Which may be part of why I got the house in the first place. Welcome to Metro Detroit. (and many other similar places)

I am caucasian, but very tan. This may make people envious, but it;s from enjoying the summer, and kayaking/paddleboarding a lot. Basically living, and not being stoic. California style life, I am still a surfer, and always will be. (went surfing in freshwater 3 days ago).

Envy is a strong thing, a tan indicates free time, my kayak remains on top of my rig all summer - which may piss off typical wage slaves *as I was for decades, until I learned this craft.

Also, I am single. And a loner by nature cause I am not super trusting like I used to be.

A woman around throws people off the scent somehow.

stasis

Veteran
because those videos after terrorism. lol see something say something.. be a police informant for free.. when you could be getting paid big money haha. the cops are smart..

id just follow the med laws.. honestly. if your LEGAL wat the fuck are you fucking worried about cops for? haha..

this is a joke of thread.. someone smoked to much METH.. and got paranoid.

What a nice response. Someone's right hand is disabled.

Sorry being legal is No guarantee at all. Landlady advised Me that the cops were aware of my growing.

You sound like a meth user to be honest. I am the most anti-speed person You;d ever encounter, as two of my brothers almost died due to Meth, and lots of friends and co workers in the SF underground club scene in the crazy early 90's - which I was proudly a central part of, but unlike most, I smoked a lotta pot and hash, and tried to stay away from powders. I even gave up caffeine in 1992.

Cops in this MMJ state still take everything and decide what to do later. Resisting the vote of many years ago, we have a governor and Attorney General who are DEAD SET against all forms of MJ. Med or whatever. They take cars, houses, cell phones, computers, boats. Everything.

Get educated before you pollute someone's honest thread with your bad energy.

idiit

Veteran
I feel you stasis. i'm an outdoor guerilla grower and the heat from joe public is extreme. I don't post on it much because some ppl like to argue about stuff they nothing about.

i'm not even running big indoor. I still have tremendous heat at the house. I have heat entering and exiting my patches out in the wild. I have heat on where I can park my vehicle. I have heat watching me come and go from my own home.

the msm and leo have turned everyone into watch dogs.

"report anything suspicious" gives the snoops the "snitches". :)

stealth. one word sums it up.

stasis

Veteran
I tell all this to help others. Even in Norcal, pot central. Almost everyone calls the cops. It's what the cops decide to do about it that matters.

NorCal, Mendo Coastal

A neighboring Highway Patrolman (State Police in Midwest terms) quarter of a mile down a dirt road that I never met, was contacted by the crazy methhead behind Me, who was spying inside my greenie from his side of the fence, on a 25 foot vineyard ladder. As well as threatening me on the very first day I moved in, not respecting property lines, and waltzing up to my door at 9am, holding up an empty cat food can (cause I have a cat), and telling Me I had tried to poison his dog, and he had an arsenal to deal with it. WTF..? I hadn't even finished unpacking yet..!

Anywhoo.

This was months after I was already growing in the constructed greenie. Which was admittedly too large, but my partners at the time were greedy. I was warned by some people that it would not work out, but it was mostly hidden by brush and trees, even though it got ample sun fro sho. Said Hwy Patrolman after meth user whined to him, got the LL's number and called her to say, "do you know what is going on at your house..??" Wherein She said, "Yes, I do, thank you very much." And I never heard a word from the cop. LL was not upset at all. THe Hwy Patrolman had never been near my rental, he was going on the word of the crazy meth head, who hated my LL. The other nabes, who were rather far away, also called cause the smell bothered them. That was coastal Mendocino county. Legal is subjective. If I wasn;'t a good neighbor, with no traffic, abandoned cars, etc, I believe I would have had more problems in all my places...!

Knock on wood, I have never been visited by the po pos. Anywhere.

But, In the Midwest house in question, that I moved out of 3 months ago - where I successfully grew for 2 years, BTW - the nabes houses are VERY CLOSE. Just a driveway, and then another bungalow. I took it cause it was near a hydro shop I was managing at the time. And when one is a grower exclusively for over 10 years, the credit scene is not the best. Not totally easy to score a rental.

But, that job went away, and I went indie. To expect anything else in such close quarters may have been unrealistic.

To make things even more confusing. At the new place, now - a nearby city voted successfully to decrim up to 1 oz per adult. BUT there are NO pipe stores, or dispensaries allowed in the area.. Crazy huh..? Can't even get a pipe..>!!

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
The trials and tribulations of prohibition growing.

TBH, I prefer them to the facade of the business world where taking advantage of people for self enrichment is the accepted norm.

hayday

Veteran
Seems like the tenants before you were growers and left a bad image before you . Was there a bust at the house pre - mmj ?

Latest posts

Latest posts