What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Ever Newbie Summer Bud Contest

Love the Signature....

Love the Signature....

Nice idea! It should be a regular contest imho, so the new users are always encouraged to make nice reports of their grow, wich is really interesting for everyone to read.

:wave:

NoReason I must say I Love your signature area its straight up and honest.

NYUF

Joining in on The Fun!

Joining in on The Fun!

Hey all i'm really glad that so many of you turned out to participate in the contest. I think its gonna be really cool to see everyone's grow. So I too am joining in on the fun. I will be entering my Hillbilly Kush Grow into the contest. Good luck everyone and Have fun.

NyUrbanFarmer :tiphat:

solofoe

What section should the thread be under? And how do I officially enter besides simply starting and maintaining a thread?

I am a first time grower and this is the thread for my first plant. Don't think I'll win the contest, but thought this would be interesting to share.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285281

It's not as much a grow journal, but it is a fun little tale about a destitute little 8 Miles High seedling who was hated on by many. Yet through perseverance, has blossomed into a pretty (yet small) fully formed female with curves and sparkles in all the right places. Page 2 is definitely the payoff in this tale.

Here is a quick photograph tale to wet your whistle:

Attachments

• week 4.jpg
    week 4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 21
  • week 9.jpg
    week 9.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Week 10.jpg
    Week 10.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Week 6.jpg
    Week 6.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 20
  • week 8.jpg
    week 8.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 20
Joining the contest

Joining the contest

What section should the thread be under? And how do I officially enter besides simply starting and maintaining a thread?

Solofoe you have to go to your profile page and click my strains. Then choose grow reports and choose New report. Fill out the details of your intended grow there so it can be approved then start a thread in Grow diaries forum Title of grow and contest.

Hope this helps.

NYUrbanFarmer :tiphat:

Enter anyway anyone can win!

Enter anyway anyone can win!

I am a first time grower and this is the thread for my first plant. Don't think I'll win the contest, but thought this would be interesting to share.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285281

It's not as much a grow journal, but it is a fun little tale about a destitute little 8 Miles High seedling who was hated on by many. Yet through perseverance, has blossomed into a pretty (yet small) fully formed female with curves and sparkles in all the right places. Page 2 is definitely the payoff in this tale.

Here is a quick photograph tale to wet your whistle:

Shady enter anyway anyone can win. Go to your profile and select my strains, click grow reports and choose new report. Fill out the grow report and submit it so it can be approved. Create a new thread in grow diaries forum with a link to your thread and then continue your thread in the diaries forum.

NYUF :tiphat:

rik78

Veteran
hell yeah!!

I will have a shoot, with some Red Eye Genetic tester goodies!!

Last edited:

Kalyx

I would love to join in on this. New to the forums since may, have been pretty active will probably be over 300 post before long. If able I will join in though, have been on a hiatus from growing for 2 and half years and just started up again. Have been running a log as is so sounds like fun to participate in this!
:woohoo:

Not a Problem join the fun!

Not a Problem join the fun!

I would love to join in on this. New to the forums since may, have been pretty active will probably be over 300 post before long. If able I will join in though, have been on a hiatus from growing for 2 and half years and just started up again. Have been running a log as is so sounds like fun to participate in this!
:woohoo:
Kalyx not a problem as long as you submit your grow report prior to reaching the 300 post mark. Join the contest it'll be great.
Hope this helps, good luck.

Not A Problem

Not A Problem

How or where does a newbie sign up for this contest. If I missed it, sorry.

BayBHuey

BayBHuey you must 1st go to your profile and under your strains tab choose grow reports then select add new grow report. Fill out the grow report to the best of your ability with the information you have about your intended grow(it can always be edited) then submit it for approval from Admin. Then 2nd go to the Grow Diaries Forum and start a grow diary thread title "your grow" and the contest. Then follow the instructions per the contest requirements in thread post #1.

Hope this helps if you have further questions let me know.

NYUrbanFarmer :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Don't think explaining this every time someone asks is the way to go.
If you want to help, I think it would be better to make a short paragraph describing all this in detail and ask Payaso to include it in the first post. That way, only those who didn't read first post well will ask this question again. If you plan to answer to every one that will ask about it from now on, trust me, they will be too many one day.. and you'll be over it soon.

I cant understand it!

I cant understand it!

Don't think explaining this every time someone asks is the way to go.
If you want to help, I think it would be better to make a short paragraph describing all this in detail and ask Payaso to include it in the first post. That way, only those who didn't read first post well will ask this question again. If you plan to answer to every one that will ask about it from now on, trust me, they will be too many one day.. and you'll be over it soon.

that's what I don't understand.......It is In the first post I cant understand why people don't read the thread thoroughly. But Instead of just having a repeat post of "read post one" I figured I would just explain it but your right it gets old quick......we gotta find a better way do you have any good ideas?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I know it says Grow Diary and Grow Report in the first post, but many of our users, and especially the newbies don't know what that means, or that those are names of forum modules.
Think you should describe the way to get to them, as you did above, in simple words, then ask Payaso to post it and make it pop in the first post somehow. That way anyone who is even remotely interested in the contest will know what to do if he/she wants to enter our competition.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Great idea!

It IS as simple as this and FUN!

Go to your profile and select my strains, click grow reports and choose new report. Fill out the grow report and submit it so it can be approved. Create a new thread in grow diaries forum with a link to your thread and then continue your thread in the diaries forum.