What's new

pH dropping EC stable, whats wrong?

samba

Samba if your roots look good and your plants look good don't stress but h202 won't hurt just in case.
HM
I try not to, but...
I'll add a little h2o2 if the pH hasn't stabilized
hey samba,

Sorry to ask this but can it be that your ph pen or what ever u use as a ph reading device is inaccurate ?

Don't think so, its like 2 weeks old, calibrated and tested it with my other meter and they came up with same results.

D

DHF

I`ll say this and hope everyone here remembers.......If your relative humidity isn`t in the 70% range while fast hydro setups are running during veg and till stretch is done after flip , then your stomata`s will close on the leaves the lower it is , and directly affect nutrient uptake while stopping rootmass growth as well till end of stretch.......

Then all the roots yas have , is all the roots yas have for uptake and swellage till end of cycle........Roots don`t grow after stretch is done........

The reason for low humidity causin probs ?......among other things.......Blastin their asses with megawattage for increased growth while not realizing you`re dryin their ass out , and if they don`t suck juice and sweat at the same time for accelerated growth/metabolism , they shut down and yields suffer.......

As low below 50% RH after stretch is advised with proper air exchange till harvey was as good as my dehuey`s could get , but major airflow/extraction kept nastie`s from happenin............

In a fast recirculating setup there must be a constant cycle of plants suckin juice thru the rootmass and sweatin it out through the leaves for optimum growth .........

Anything that interrupts that "circadian rythym" is fuckin up your plant`s growth in accelerated hydro mode and defeats the purpose of running said setup with all the cash , bells and whistles it takes to dial such runs........

I was fortunate enough to learn from Krusty over 15 yrs ago and live in the Hell of the dirty south where 80% RH rules .....

My plants rewarded me for it from not having to starve for proper uptake and transpiration........

Using different water sources changes all this shit , so know THY water.......rather what`s IN it.......Brutha Hap`s setup is proof positive it can be run under different parameters as long as one has a copy of the rules to go by......All about those yrs and knowin yer bitches.........but....

As plants suck juice.....ppm`s drop......ph rises....gradually.....using R/O water source.......guaranteed.......other than R/O supply for said setup......Your mileage may vary.......

Anything else and look toward environment in the room.......

Good luck.....DHF.......

Beastmode

Ph going down in RDWC

Ph going down in RDWC

That sound stint my ph is going down roots are white as snow upon moving my ph meter in the epic center of my under current system the ppm went from a 120ppm reading to a 300ppm reading and ph went from 5.5-5.1 in a day and the top off res is at 6.5 I pumped 1/3 of the system out and turned on the top off valve and the ph is still at 5.1.Im gonna fully flush system w uc roots and set ph 5.5-6.1 and keep my fingers crossed just about to flippem.
But I need to get this ph under control and ppm's reset.