What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I've seen several veg rooms, since I arrived and....

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
They are all pretty much sporting Broad/Russet/Cyclamen mites.

Staggering. No one is clued into them.

People are trading clones on Maine FB Group pages, all over the place. The pics of their clones are irrefutably carrying BM;s.

Be careful about accepting clones from anyone , Y'all....

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That's gross. Bunch of greenies still shaking the slobber out of their ears passing the Borg.

Remember when there was honor amongst growers?

stasis

Veteran
I have communicated with some of these (really nice) folks. Admittedly, some of them are open to learning about the "Borg," as you say.

Which is more than most people do. Unwitting Growers usually get defensive and take it personally. G'teeing the continued success of this awful pest.

The twisty leaves show up in almost everyone's pictures, in the (truly) Great State of "M."

Be careful folks. BM's will ruin you starting in the Veg room ---- By the time one sees the infestation, it is usually too late.

stasis

Veteran
60 days on Forbid and avid is what it takes to work them out of the plant's tissues. Alternating them is a great idea, but ya gotta wait 6 or 7 days between sprayings. Forbid does not burn plants. And using them does not gtee eradication, as BM/RM's can lurk on equipment, dirt bags, whatever. Take em more seriously, they will ruin ya. Best is to move to a new place, unless your plants are very small, and easier to kill all the bugs on. No shit, Man. I too had decades of no problems (with proactive actions, of course) then got wiped out in CA and later Michigan. Had to start over. We had ZERO information in CA then... In fact, the dispo I got the clones from had warnings all over the place for TMV (Tobacco Mosaic Virus) as the cause of the Leaf Taco-ing... ! We had to find out the hard way. Even old-school growers in Mendocino, and new upstarts had NO clue.

Now, here in Maine, almost all the clones I see pictured on the Clone and Seed exchange FB Page are infested.

packerfan79

Veteran
Taking outside clones is like screwing a hooker without a condom. It's not if you are going to get something, but when and what you are going to get. With the massive selection of seeds on the market, buyi g clones is not smart.

I am hopeing to move to Maine in a couple years. I have quite the seed collection so I should be fine. I may try making s1 of my ghost og, and mendobreath. I won't be growing for profit, only for fun. I have always been dependant on the profit from my garden, it will be nice to do it for fun.

Mr Blah

Taking outside clones is like screwing a hooker without a condom. It's not if you are going to get something, but when and what you are going to get. With the massive selection of seeds on the market, buyi g clones is not smart.

I am hopeing to move to Maine in a couple years. I have quite the seed collection so I should be fine. I may try making s1 of my ghost og, and mendobreath. I won't be growing for profit, only for fun. I have always been dependant on the profit from my garden, it will be nice to do it for fun.
Cool! Look me up.
Nice state but hard to get rid of product.
Lucky you, not having to grow for profit.
Maybe you can help me with pointers on getting rid of product in one big swoop.

packerfan79

Veteran
Cool! Look me up.
Nice state but hard to get rid of product.
Lucky you, not having to grow for profit.
Maybe you can help me with pointers on getting rid of product in one big swoop.

I will look you up but, I rarely move quantity, here in California you have to grind to make money. I rarely sell more than an ounce. When I do I often walk because I am not getting low balled.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
It is rumored that certain states Highway patrols releases the mites to control roadside vegetation.

Russets arent the end of the world, to my knowledge they dont inject toxins that will cause your plants to have TMV-like symptoms like Broad mites do. Wettable sulfur powder will get rid of russets in veg, the trick is getting 100% coverage.

Broads sound like the devil. I hear lots of people using the venerate/grandevo combo followed by releasing predator mites.

stasis

Veteran
Arent you glad you moved there from here?

Lol

I am, very glad Ol' Buddy. It has been immensely challenging, but the end result - Living on 6 acres, which is available for me to buy.
My own private shooting range, massive forest between me and the next guy. and stars each night. Surrounded by unpeopled forests in each direction.

My work stands out more. My genetics are new to the area.

Best of all, no offensive lowballers here. People are polite, and helpful. Not a whole lot of money here, but there are those who have and the Have-Nots.

Loving a new location - one gets a bit of a good start that way, and we will open a warehouse soon.

This place is tough as hell. Don't mistake my excitement for ease. Ya gotta be a STRAIGHT SHOOTER, or no one will talk to ya.
No California Fair-Weather Friends can make it here.
No Aggro Canna People either in full Camo can garner respect, dealing massive attitude. Who needs em, with all these nice people..?
Mainers did fine before you (or I) came here.

Gotta be real, and look people in the EYE. Seriously. No joke.

My county is like the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We are way out there.

These folks are awesome, if a little tough to break through - but only if YOU are awesome too. As in REAL. Heartful - Helpful - Hardworking. Ethical - 100%. No BS tolerated.

stasis

Veteran
Are they native to Maine or are they just all over?
They are all over the country CA to MI to Maine. And all places in between. People have been offering me trades for genetics, but all I am looking for is donations.. No wanna enter others' plants into my new veg space. No need to.

stasis

Veteran
It is rumored that certain states Highway patrols releases the mites to control roadside vegetation.

Russets arent the end of the world, to my knowledge they dont inject toxins that will cause your plants to have TMV-like symptoms like Broad mites do. Wettable sulfur powder will get rid of russets in veg, the trick is getting 100% coverage.

Broads sound like the devil. I hear lots of people using the venerate/grandevo combo followed by releasing predator mites.

Russets are as bad as BM;s as far as I can see.

I, too have considered that Agents could go to Harborside and dust the clone department with BMs. A few growers in Mendo thought the source of BM's was that dispensary. Seemed almost likely. That in itself would ruin CA, and all the places that get the clones - basically everywhere ....

Good point on the wettable sulphur. It does have an effect on BM's, more of a deterrent for those without an infestation.

p0opstlnksal0t

i was on the verge of picking up clones here in Southern Maine until i saw dudes pics... Dont think i want ]

Last edited:

~star~crash~

Russets are as bad as BM;s as far as I can see.

I, too have considered that Agents could go to Harborside and dust the clone department with BMs. A few growers in Mendo thought the source of BM's was that dispensary. Seemed almost likely. That in itself would ruin CA, and all the places that get the clones - basically everywhere ....

Good point on the wettable sulphur. It does have an effect on BM's, more of a deterrent for those without an infestation.

that sounds like a conspiracy theory :)

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
from an indoor perspective .....

people don't know that their rooms call insects in via smell like a chum slick attacks sharks

if you did a study of rooms infected with insect out breaks I bet the ones with no detectable plant smells all other things equal

stasis

Veteran
Interesting point W.. Makes sense as some plants take on Spider mites profusely, while a different plant nearby is all but unaffected.

p0opstlnksal0t

I ended up with some nice gg4 cuts but regardless I'm throwing them in an avid, floramite dip rotation now.

Attachments

• 20171031_214415.jpg
    20171031_214415.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 20171106_211724.jpg
    20171106_211724.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20171106_211734.jpg
    20171106_211734.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 78

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Glad you ganders are enjoying Maine! It has been calling me back ever since i left a year ago. Just before legalization, go figure. It really is a growers state.