What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The White s1?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I am running for the first time indoors, the white s1 from csg. As of now they are in the 6th week of flower and are looking to be very good yielders and the frostiest plants in the flower room as well. I have 3 phenos going, had 4 but one turned hermie in early flower :(...

They all smell basically the same, very sweet/sugary with notes of sweet pine. However one pheno is very sativa dominant. Very slender and long deep/dark green leaves but is absolutely covered in frost from the bud to the tips of the fan leaves but is coming along and flowering very slowly compared to the other two phenos. The smell is kinda the same as the others. Anyone ever got a sativa leaning pheno? Looks like she will go as long as my ECSD, maybe 10 weeks compared to the other 2 looking to be done in a couple more weeks (8 weeks total).

My main question I came here with, is how does she do outdoors? Every where I have looked and researched I cant find any documented outdoor grows. Has anyone have any experience with her outdoors?

:tiphat:

Mbz...

N

NewAgeGenetics

karma's white OG V2 "the white pheno" was excellent outdoors.

idiit

Veteran
I grew outdoors tw/aww (the white dominant) and it did great in a hot and humid environment.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Yup the first seed I got out of that pack was NLD dom. I didn't care for it much and only grew it a handful of times. I did run it outdoor's, but it was nothing special. Easy to care for, resistant to mold, respectable yield.

idiit

Veteran
Yup the first seed I got out of that pack was NLD dom. I didn't care for it much and only grew it a handful of times. I did run it outdoor's, but it was nothing special. Easy to care for, resistant to mold, respectable yield.
^ yes, on the bolded. don't know what strain with tw in it you grew 23og but I didn't really care for the potency factor; was ok. good bag appeal for outdoor grown. sold well. high was ok.

MountainBudz

What is it that you guys had a problem with in the potency department? I thought by the description, including reviews and smoke reports on leafly that it is very potent? Or are you meaning that it is potent but not your type of high? I know looks can be deceiving but it looks like it would pack a punch?

Yes double triple OG, thanks to you my friend I have the opportunity to grow this beautiful girl to her fullest. I am glad to hear she is a performer outdoors, i'm not so worried about potency around here as I am mold resistance, pest resistance and yield. Does not matter in my humid area here in southern appalachia how potent a strain is, if it doesn't have any mold resistance it is plum worthless. Also what did you mean by "NLD dominant"? Northern Lights? I'm unsure of the parents of the white and the lineage.

While i'm at it, I also only have access to the cuts i'm currently running in my flower room as of right now and would also like to ask if anyone has experience with any of the following outdoor as well... Here goes...

-Nirvana (Super Skunk)
-Ace (Malawi) 2 phenos
-DNA (chocolope)
-DNA (24K Gold)
-Sugar Punch SSH pheno ( I already know this one kicks ass outdoors)
-Nirvana (Bubblicious 2 phenos) "Ran it last year with excellent yield and mold resistance"
- CSG (ECSDH) straight diesel pheno!
-Seedsman freebie (purple bud)

And double triple, i'm also running two phenos of the blackberry og X (not sure what it is crossed with) that was a gift. I also had the venom X with?? And it hermied on me in early flower due to a light leak that is now fixed. I did keep a cut of it though to try again ubder better conditions.

MountainBudz

What was that blackberry cross with DTOG? Is it blackberry kush or blackberry og?

I'm thinking on the same, what is that NLD there... lol

Super Skunk is not mold resistant, its a quite early strain with a short flowering period but you can lose big part of your harvest by mold.

Bubblegum require a lots of sun, unless it turns leafy. average mold resistance.

both strains has 8/10 potency.

MountainBudz

I have ran a few skunks in the past, not specifically super skunk but some true old school Kentucky skunk smells exactly like a roadkill skunk but does not contain the "sweet and hybridized" genetics of the dutch skunks that are going around today. That skunk has been around here since the early 80s and luckily I have a connection to those seeds from a guy who has bred them and kept them aroubd every few years.

However most skunks I have ran that are from the dutch lineage, super skunk being just that, does seem to take on mold very easily especially in humid conditions.

The bubblicious I ran last season was in a tree line in a 7 gallon container and yielded very very well and very dense nugs with zero botrytis. One thing I have noticed with the bubblicious though is the pheno variation is insane. Out of 6 fem seeds every pheno has been different.

MountainBudz

Meant to add to the kentucky skunk that it will absolutely not mold or rot for nothing, compared to a modern dutch infused skunk hybrid today. These local roadkill skunk grows you can smell on the roadside from a good 300 feet away on a humid night during flowering, even in veg if the wind blows just right. There is not a sweet hint whatsoever in it. Very potent. Makes your eyes super blood red, confusing yet mellow retarded high that will leave you drooling and your mouth and eyes both feel as if they have sand in them lol. Very good stuff...

Not saying you can smell a single plant from that distance but a decebt patch with 10 to 20 plants, hell yes, absolutely!

It does not finish early like most skunks today either.. You can take her at the end of October but she is well finished by November 15th.

idiit

Veteran
nld means narrow leaf drug; it basically means narrow leaf pheno usually.

What is it that you guys had a problem with in the potency department? I thought by the description, including reviews and smoke reports on leafly that it is very potent? Or are you meaning that it is potent but not your type of high? I know looks can be deceiving but it looks like it would pack a punch?
I like leafly but my personal experience with many strains re the particular phenos I grew from seed (personal experience) both indoors and outdoors are not the same as what has been reported. I need to get adequately high off one bowl; i'm not expecting devastation, just a decent buzz that lasts at least 1.5 hours.

the the white dom tw/aww phenos I grew did not have the potency I prefer. it was adequate, no more. the plants I grew themselves performed great outdoors as 23og stated.

depending on what type of high you want, terps ( especially taste), yield, hardiness ( resistance to bugs, drought, ph fluctuations, mold, disease) there are lots of great personal smoke outdoor strains.

skunk is famous for doing very well outdoors.

I also like nanan bouclou (png dom), Malawi, malawi hybrids, zamal, zamal hybrids, Durban, Durban hybrids, satori, satori hybrids, haze, haze hybrids. probably left out some but these listed usually rock outdoors.

MountainBudz

Well I will be running a whole pack of Ace's mixed beans along with some Malawi, Zamaldelica and Golden Tiger from seed so I should have some pretty hardy long season girls in my future :).

But I agree, phenos, no matter what the strain, determines the differential of the high. I think i'll be running "The White #4" pheno that is indica dom... The longer flowering sativa pheno just isn't impressing me thus far except for the frost factor she has going on.

i have some some going outdoors myself right now. They seem to be taking longer to kick into flowering mode than the rest of the strains I have going. I'm getting impatient with em lol.

MountainBudz

This was not meant to be a grow journal, just discussion basically on the strain.

I actually never did or attempted a journal or diary on the white s1.

MountainBudz

But I will update this even though it is not a journal.

The White s1's turned out just simply "okay"... The yield was very low on the sativa dom pheno and the wide leaf phenol yield was a little better. Very trichome enriched buds. All plants and phenos had a very sweet "beechnut" like chewing tobacco smell or kinda like a sweet pipe tobacco. The smell was wonderful.

The potency just wasn't there. And when you did smoke enough of it to really get a decent effect it was a very boring high that contributed mostly to sleep.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I grew the White clone from the Cali dispensaries. Not impressed at all. This is one of them strains that does well in crosses, it ain't no stand alone strain IMO.

M

maliali

White is hype. High is relaxing feeling through the body and little bit of head high. Social and relaxed i would say. Smell and taste like some NL/hasplant not so potent sweet,flowery hashy. Only look is crazy very cristaly and rock hard. But lots of guys when see it and smoke it they say only looked good.