What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Freezer grow THaze x Skunk

D

Don Cotyle

FreezerBoy said:
Any idea of the diff between Hunk and Thunk? Thanks fer the pic, gives me something to compare to.

No Thai ????????????????? lol Sorry I haven't done a search on em yet and Sam the Skunkman has no beans up for auction to get a decription.

I'm going with Burmese Dream(Afghan x Burmese) and Mosca Negro(HPxC99) soil grow before the temps get to bad, if they do I can always put em outside. Might put the Hunk outdoors.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Final weight is still a month away (maybe more?) and it'll be a guesstimate at that. I've been smoking the popcorn the last month. I'm guessing about 15% of the weight by the end. Went looking for more today and found a couple of mangled stems hiding down low in the back. They were showing none of the new growth of the other colas so I pulled them.

I'm water curing the one on the right(Shot 1). The left one I chopped up for an oven dry(shot 2). Shot 3-1: 8 minutes @200 degrees F. 3-2:Add small leaves and tips. 3-3: 8 more minutes @200 degrees.

I hesitate to give any smoke report. The plant's not ripe, not flushed, not cured and there's probably some trich loss in an oven dry. Still, I'm enjoying the high more than anything I've gotten off the streets in years. Added bonus (for me) NO couch lock, which, in my book, is half way to a great grow.

F

FishHead

Let's try to help you with your stealth. Can you get a good pic of the exhaust? I was thinking maybe some insulation wrapped around your duct and around the hole you cut for it would help. After all, vibration=noise. Might just help. If you can hear it from the street you need to do something. Good chance nobody will suspect anything but for your own peace of mind at least.

Fish

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Always best when you're smoking your own :joint:

Glad you're happy with your stuff....keep up the fine work :ying:

SoEx

Are you harvesting in stages then? How are you working flushing, or was this just a sample you wanted to have around to smoke using a water cure?

Just wondering. That whole bending thing seems to have worked!

this is an awesome grow... i just read the whole thing and now i wanna make a fridge grow... LOL cuz you can find a fridge on the side of the road for free around me...

im staying tuned to the final outcome..

-GreenScreen

FreezerBoy

Veteran
FishHead said:
Let's try to help you with your stealth. Can you get a good pic of the exhaust? I was thinking maybe some insulation wrapped around your duct and around the hole you cut for it would help. After all, vibration=noise. Might just help. If you can hear it from the street you need to do something. Good chance nobody will suspect anything but for your own peace of mind at least.

Fish
Fish, :wave: Your last sentence says it all. I'm indoor and driveway safe these days. I opened the garage door several weeks ago and found myself in the middle of a neighborfest in my driveway. Damn near gave me a heart attack but, it passed. It can no longer be heard inside the house or (i'm pretty sure) my neighbor's garage which attaches to mine.

However, one of the two people who know of my garden came by the other day. It took him less than 30 seconds in the garage to scrunch his face and ask about the noise. It's no longer, "turn that damn thing off," loud, just, "this sound doesn't belong here," loud. The axial was never silent but, it's noise was appropriate coming from behind an old freezer. I can mask the new fan when necessary (big ol box fan) but, there's nothing in the garage that explains it other than what it is.:badday:

TML16 said:
Always best when you're smoking your own :joint:
Ain't that the truth :joint:

SoEx said:
Are you harvesting in stages then? How are you working flushing, or was this just a sample you wanted to have around to smoke using a water cure?

Just wondering. That whole bending thing seems to have worked!
These colas were part of "popcorn patrol". I'm out of weed other than the garden and I'm trying to avoid hitting the streets. I've kept it to popcorn and stragglers so the real colas can max out.

I've planned on a staged harvest because this is my first "scope" grow. I want to see where my preferences lie as to clear/cloudy/amber. If it looks like there's enough to tie me over a couple of months, I may do a flush and jar cure on some of the last stage. In the past, Ol Shed usually provided just enough until the next harvest so, I rarely have enough to spare for a jar cure. Beyond that, I smoke for the high. Neither cure improves the high so the choice becomes: hotter smoke in 60 days or cooler smoke in 8 days. An easy choice for me. :rasta:

GreenScreen said:
i wanna make a fridge grow... LOL cuz you can find a fridge on the side of the road for free around me...
Welcome aboard. Do yourself a favor and see if you can't find one like Fish's where the insides are plastic. I've got two layers of steel! YOIKS! Now that I know that a Haze plant can be grown in less than 24 " I might consider a double decker fridge with freezer on top as a clone/veg chamber. :wave:

Bumble Buddy

Great thread, nice work on the setup and plant Freezer Boy. :yes:

That thing looks like something the Cybermen would use for some mischief (CyberBong? :chin:) in a Doctor Who episode. :smile:

862214417_l.jpg

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Bumble, Welcome aboard. Now that you've guessed my terrible secret, you know what has to happen ... ZAP!

D

Don Cotyle

FreezerBoy said:
Final weight is still a month away (maybe more?) and it'll be a guesstimate at that. I've been smoking the popcorn the last month. I'm guessing about 15% of the weight by the end. Went looking for more today and found a couple of mangled stems hiding down low in the back. They were showing none of the new growth of the other colas so I pulled them.

I'm water curing the one on the right(Shot 1). The left one I chopped up for an oven dry(shot 2). Shot 3-1: 8 minutes @200 degrees F. 3-2:Add small leaves and tips. 3-3: 8 more minutes @200 degrees.

I hesitate to give any smoke report. The plant's not ripe, not flushed, not cured and there's probably some trich loss in an oven dry. Still, I'm enjoying the high more than anything I've gotten off the streets in years. Added bonus (for me) NO couch lock, which, in my book, is half way to a great grow.

WEEEEEEdogies!!! Looks like that freezer is paying off in spades and early tasters too!

Oh yea I wanted you to know final weight and smoke report are finally up on my Thunk!!!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Thanks, Chef. For my first DWC and my first ScROG, I think I did OK. Certainly better than my old rockwool flood and drain :wave:..

T-Minus 18:13:46:52 and counting...

Since the shift to an intentional pH drift, I've been getting new growth. Only problem (if it is one) is that it's very spindly. Where it's shorter, like on the top bud, things are covered with crystals. On the larger examples ... nuthin. Guess it's good I still have a few weeks to go. Hopefully, they'll fillout and sparkle up.

My main cola's spindle is quite short and sparkles nicely. Vast majority of trichs are still clear. I'm waiting as fast as I know how.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Connoisseur300 said:
How long till finish?:)

That's the $64,000 question. I'm still learning how to read trichs. I'm not sure what the definition of "cloudy" is. While they're not many, I definately have amber trichs. I'm just not seeing anything cloudy.

Here's a before and after on the water cured stem

D

Don Cotyle

FreezerBoy said:
Thanks, Chef. For my first DWC and my first ScROG, I think I did OK. Certainly better than my old rockwool flood and drain :wave:..

T-Minus 18:13:46:52 and counting...

Since the shift to an intentional pH drift, I've been getting new growth. Only problem (if it is one) is that it's very spindly. Where it's shorter, like on the top bud, things are covered with crystals. On the larger examples ... nuthin. Guess it's good I still have a few weeks to go. Hopefully, they'll fillout and sparkle up.

My main cola's spindle is quite short and sparkles nicely. Vast majority of trichs are still clear. I'm waiting as fast as I know how.

Not to worry Freezerboy, spindly, whispy, are terms that go hand in hand with the Thunks growth pattern. Most of the sativa-and mixes have the same charactures. You sure gonna love the smoke when she's harvested and has a good cure!!! You'll see cloudy as they finish up, mine seemed to go from clear to cloudy but you'll see alot of cloudy soon enough!

" I'm waiting as fast as I can " BWWWAHAHhahahahaha!!!! How true, how very,very true!!! Ya definatly have to have plenty of patientce to go thru a Thunk grow and be successful!!! Props Freezerboy!!! Mucho Rep comeing your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don

Well, at least I sure tryed !!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FreezerBoy again.

!

Last edited:

Murphy

.....I have no idea how I'm going to keep the 2 I have under control while still trying to use the cab to flower other strains :wallbash: It's coming time to convince the warden to give up some more space for a little bit.
Looks Great Freezer! Not much longer to go.

Don's chopped, Freezer has about 18 days to go and me.....well, I'm about 5 weeks under 12/12......I feel like Charlie Sheen in that "honey pot" burning scene from Platoon.

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

Murphy said:
.....I have no idea how I'm going to keep the 2 I have under control while still trying to use the cab to flower other strains :wallbash: It's coming time to convince the warden to give up some more space for a little bit.
Looks Great Freezer! Not much longer to go.

Don's chopped, Freezer has about 18 days to go and me.....well, I'm about 5 weeks under 12/12......I feel like Charlie Sheen in that "honey pot" burning scene from Platoon.

"Tayler? Tayler been shot, this here is Chris!!!"

" 323 days left, AWWWwww Hellll No Man, you gotta think like backwards, like you got 42 days in or somethin!"

:laughing: Don :joint:

Last edited: