What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Torture Chamber *Reboot*

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After experiencing one problem after the other the Torture Chamber is a fitting title.
My last diary blew up in smoke - dealing with an old seed stock that wouldn't germ, mistaking Hypoaspis miles for spider mites in a state of panic trashing my plants :dunno: :noway:.

Now I'm off to a fresh start!!

This a bag seed plant i sorted & stored along with a description of the bud it came from.
Batch #1 - Large nugs, smells like Earth/Soil/Menthol, Buzz type was stoney.

picture.php

Notice the weird mutation on this fan leaf?

picture.php

This was one of the first true leaves, i almost culled her because she was slow growing but she bounced back with some TLC!

picture.php

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is Batch #2 from what i remember i referred to this as "Christmas tree commercial" it smelled highly of pine & the high was very relaxing/slightly euphoric.

picture.php

Both B#1 & B#2 together under a 105W CFL.

picture.php

Last edited:

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is (2) Agent Orange X Columbian, (3) Columbian Skunk that recently germed, waiting for them to pop.
Gifted to me by a good buddy on here (you know who you are! :huggg:)

picture.php

Here is some beans I'm trying to germ, have them in paper towels in a plastic container on top of cable box for warmth.

Mr. Nice SHIT
Bubblelicious X Grand daddy purple
Thai Haze X Skunk #1
Leb 27 x SSH/C99
Mirre x Brotherhood OG
Chem D & Chem 91 X Various

picture.php

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Off to a good start!

Off to a good start!

Got rid of the CFL bulb, and set up my intake fan to my air cooled hood. My digi ballast is for 600 W, but i got a 250 w HPS bulb in there for the mean time - Rather use the smaller bulb than the 600 dimmed because i heard you lose lumens.

picture.php

Here's Batch #1, gonna be transplanting into a 3.5 gallon bucket soon.

picture.php

Batch #2 coming along nicely - i wonder if she has "ducks foot" genes in her because of the mutated leaves - what is the technical term for it?

picture.php

3 of the Columbian Skunk breaking ground

picture.php

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's time to transplant those larger seedlings. :tiphat:

Thanks for the advice my friend :tiphat:

Probably will transplant tomorrow if i have time on my hands
We'll give 'em a dose of Dyna Gro KLN - I've heard great things about KLN & it beats other products like "Super Thrive".

yardgrazer

I am super-confused, are other people seeing images in Smoke's posts? I'm only seeing the signature line image.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So far, so good..

So far, so good..

Got some bad news, none of those beans in that plastic container popped except a single Mr.Nice SHIT..
I kinda expected that, those beans were part of my old stock, SHIT was newer.
I germed a GF Kush (Next Generation) & The Pure (Flying Dutchman), waiting for 'em to pop soil..

Here's B#2 In her new 3 Gal pot

picture.php

Now B#1, kinda damaged her roots when i transplanted
she wilted for a few days after & is starting to bounce back,
looking a lil yellow so next water after the pot dries a bit she'll get a feeding.

picture.php

Here's those Columbian Skunk runts, the smaller sprout is SHIT.

picture.php

The Tent
put in a 4" vent hose to help with passive intake.
It's getting cold in Boston so the temps been steady in the tent,
staying at the low 70s with an RH of 37% atm.

picture.php

Last edited:

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some odds, & ends

Some odds, & ends

Being the anal type of person who tends to think ahead i picked up some Bonsai Pruners which will help for a detailed trim job.
As well as some rubber gripped, titanium coated Bonsai Shears which states they're resistant to resin & sap corrosion - we'll see about that claim when the time comes :biggrin:

picture.php

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had to move my hood a lot closer, i was noticing slow growth since i moved it things seems to be going better.

picture.php

B#2 growing to the sun, that's what i like to see :biggrin:

picture.php

B#1 Has been a finicky bitch from the start, she seems alright now

picture.php

Wth is wrong with this SHIT seedling, slow growing - weird leaves

picture.php

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Compared to the SHIT seedling, all the Columbian Skunks are growing nicely, check out the root system!

picture.php

GF Kush sprouted, excited about this one!! :dance013:
Here's to hoping it's a female!!

picture.php

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I don't remember if it's cause it causes mold issues or if it's actually bad for the roots, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't use clear pots/cups. Or if you do put them inside another solo cup but a dark one.