Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > dynavap ?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
dynavap ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2018, 12:05 PM #1
nattyroots

nattyroots will become famous soon enoughnattyroots will become famous soon enoughnattyroots will become famous soon enough
dynavap ?

Any dynavap fans out there?

I got an M and a Woody and they both are extremely satisfying (relatively) cheap vapes. And the flavor.

I was a bong and pipe (and joint smoker) for fifteen years and now I find smoke unnecessarily dense. Doesn't mean I don't smoke the occasional spliff but my day-to-day is now vaping.

If i can figure out how to post pics, they'll show up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1506.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	447670 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0914.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	447671
nattyroots is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:25 AM #2
nattyroots

nattyroots will become famous soon enoughnattyroots will become famous soon enoughnattyroots will become famous soon enough
Btw I'm not the president of the company, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Fuckcombustion has a 1000+ page thread on it.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:43 AM #3
Cream47
Underground Grower

Cream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud ofCream47 has much to be proud of
Cream47 has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Very nice product I've got one and I prefer it than the Mighty, the Vape is very taste and the stone it's similar than a joint, this vapo remember me the bubbler. the only flaw in my opinion is the fact of only three shots.
Cream47 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:11 PM #4
b8man

b8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really nice
Love my VapCap.

Currently waiting on the induction heater which should make it even more awesome. It was nice to be free from batteries for a while but now I just want the raw convenience of it.
b8man is offline Quote

Old 02-28-2018, 03:25 AM #5
Egzoset

Egzoset will become famous soon enoughEgzoset will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb

Salutations NattyRoots,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattyroots View Post
Although i don't have nor need one myself i consider that was the best thing to happen in portable vaporism since i registered on FC in 2010. More precisely that's because of a relatively recent combination with electro-magnetic Induction Heat technology (mentioned previously) as performed by enthousiast owners themselves, despite the MLFB manufacturer warning on FC that IH solutions were non-viable just a few years prior to this most refreshing outbreak, as i recall...
[ www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzqGygA_o-s ]
YouTube: Vapcap M PS Mini Induction Heater (2018-Jan-26)

[ www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8JPkAj_0os ]
YouTube: Portside Mini Vapcap Induction Heater (2017-Dec-17)

[ www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0XmW-qRD-U ]
YouTube: Vapcap M, Induction Heater Single Click Bowl (2017-Jul-17)
Of course i find there's still room for improvement, like to wisely exploit "adiabatic approximation" in order to quit heating excess mass (and eliminate skin burns), as i've done in "Micro-Bursting" flame mode by juxtaposing VG's SiC foam and a metal shield/radiator to form a "Hybrid Core" with even more appropriate temporary heat storage - considering that's a "1-Hitter" anyway:

Actually this drawing above was my suggestion to the DynaVap manufacturer, he didn't appreciate it but that won't really change a thing to my underlying principle. Essentially it turns out VaporGenie owns the intellectual patent on "Plan-B" where "B" stands for butane, while leaving "Plan-A" IH mode niches totally unexplored. Be the 1st to share the fun in even more clever ways to attain satisfaction!

Good day, have fun!!
Egzoset is offline Quote

Old 02-28-2018, 10:47 AM #6
nattyroots

Very interesting, although to be honest, I'm not sure I understand the diagram completely.

After significant practice I find that my single flame butane lighter gets me about two solid hits (sometimes three) without going near combustion.

But I would love to try an induction heaters. I even wondered if an induction cooktop (or the batteries of an MFLB) could be used for the same purpose, but have been a little wary of trying, as I'm not much of an engineer.

Looking forward to real induction heaters for VC reaching the market. I might have to get one to try out. Videos online seem really nice.

Glad to hear there are other VapCap fans out there. I had a few of the cheaper end vapes and this one beats them out of the water except, you want to share your vape with a group of people. Then the VapCap is a little inconvenient as the bowl size is not so large.

Have a good day!

Old 03-01-2018, 05:56 AM #7
Egzoset

Egzoset will become famous soon enoughEgzoset will become famous soon enough
Talking

Hi again NattyRoots,

Quote:
...not sure I understand the diagram completely.
Most likely it's because i never explained it completely in a single post neither, not to mention throughout the years i couldn't know for sure what my attention would focus on next...

Quote:
After significant practice I find that my single flame butane lighter gets me about two solid hits (sometimes three) without going near combustion. But I would love to try an induction heaters.
The same pipe using the same lighter will fail for some blends if i don't adapt my operator ritual suitably: a heat pulse which is more intense/brief (e.g. "dense" or "time-compressed") doesn't expose to as much damage as a "stretched" one... Think of your fingers extinguishing the flame of a candle vs getting burned by steam after micro-waving food. It's all a matter of matching heat and workload in such brief delay the material in close proximity simply won't have time to thermalize.

In my vaporist scenario this is done on a toke-per-toke basis, ideally with minimized "baking" occuring in between. Switching to IH would provide more precise "packetization" as a function of mass, specific heat capacity and Curie temperature; effectively replacing flames with sources of improved replicability.

Using electro-magnetic Induction Heat and my "LAVA" full-blown ("Bi-Energy") "capsule" concept we'd also avoid dealing with a "Release/Transport Agent" made of "Hot Dry Air" alone while eliminating butane flames as a requirement to self-conditioning, provided a couple droplets of distilled water can be turned into vapor by an auxiliary heater - which is easy enough using wireless electro-magnetic coupling. For all i can tell even an ultra-sonic stirrer promoting improved heat propagation would seem an attainable goal, i believe... Etc.

So it's always based on this basic contrasting structure:

YMMV.

Briefly put it's a 2-states Hybrid Core where airflow causes a radical change from heat insulating properties (when iddle) to a radiative/convective heat source coupled directly to a bowl's top once things are set in motion... Similar to a "diode" alternating states with its polarization current.

Thermal storage is very temporary and yet still most appropriate in pulse mode where depletion of successive heat charges happens to be an even more beneficial feature! Because we don't want the bowl to "bake" between 2 tokes.

My "capsule" simply combines 2 of those Hybrid Cores in a near-symetrical fashion, so to implement some convenient analog-style heat control, between 2 fixed "packetized" references, etc...

Quote:
I even wondered if an induction cooktop (or the batteries of an MFLB) could be used for the same purpose, but have been a little wary of trying, as I'm not much of an engineer.
M'well, considering both actually exploit very different operating principles it may prove much safer just to leave electricity alone indeed.

As for IH cooktops this is a solution i could imagine in days i didn't foresee any better:

Demeyere's fry pans are thermostatic when powered by an IH plate, their composite alloy has a Curie point around 250 degrees Celcius, as i recall, so once accounting for interface losses and whatnot it might have been OKay in more traditional "Hot Dry Air" scenarios - even with Inlet Self-Moisturization and "Potentialization" optionally supported: just by dropping a few droplets in the heat exchanger perhaps.

Go figure, i never dared cut mine: it's way too expensive and i loved how it behaved on my stove in the kitchen! Plus it would feel heavy and cumbersome in a pocket!

Quote:
Looking forward to real induction heaters for VC reaching the market.
That must be fun but i found "Plan-B" was "A" grade enough to afford missing the IH opportunity myself. Bio-Feedback as a training tool remains a more immediate challenge though...

Quote:
...the VapCap is a little inconvenient as the bowl size is not so large.
That's a paradox when we consider how much heat is being wasted to make it burn skin on contact... My bowl is about 125 mg and 1 single toke 20 ~ 25 mg each i think, the real challenge was to obtain plenty of aroma/taste from at least my 2 first tokes. Otherwise it's like attempting to murder a fly with a canon - but my "Plan-B" daily driver also appears to work fine enough as an eye opener anyway. Consider opening the window: duplicate and think peer reviews if you do!

Good day, have fun!!

Last edited by Egzoset; 03-01-2018 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Read-proofing.
Egzoset is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2018, 11:39 AM #8
TANITO

TANITO has disabled reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:

Old 03-04-2018, 12:13 PM #9
nattyroots

That new M is got Jedi written all over it. The Vong is a great invention too. One for every occasion. I didn't have the glass one but had two other glass one - vapogenie and the glass inside the test tube one, both of which worked surprisingly well when you put in the time to have them work. I'm sure though that if I used them more they'd probably be shattered by night.

Yesterday I was showing some friends my M and I accidentally dropped it. Everyone thought it was going to break, which as far as I know, in normal circumstances doesnt happen very often with the vapcap non glass line.

I really want the Omvi. Just waiting for the impulse to happen. But very happy with what I have as well.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:40 AM #10
SandyFantasyman

SandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura about
Just ordered an M and waiting for delivery. I'm hoping this will be the answer for when I'm out fishing and camping.

Does anyone have the bigger bowl? I believe it's the titanium one. It is supposed to be adjustable, with 3 different possible sizes. I like the modularity of the dynavap products.
SandyFantasyman is online now Quote