What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze x Malawi Killer and A5 x Malawi Killer

Thcvhunter

Veteran
mT? what is that?

Anyway, Dubi thanked Yo Sammy, a member who posted earlier, for sharing the cuts.

Thanks.

So A5 is not released pure.
It was crossed to Mirakel Thai, and thats the cross thats going around and thanks to Vibes, being shared with Dubi and such.

Im not sure Vibes wanted A5/mT to be shared with seed companies.

Nakumasa

Neither, just a bit hungry for N.

Cheers, I'm looking forward to the smoke :)

Sry bro. I'm from the north and made assumptions.

Is ok with you if I post my experiments with them here as well?
Would be nice to collect all data in easy to find form.

Spaventa

Veteran
Thanks.

So A5 is not released pure.
It was crossed to Mirakel Thai, and thats the cross thats going around and thanks to Vibes, being shared with Dubi and such.

Im not sure Vibes wanted A5/mT to be shared with seed companies.

Thats interesting thanks

Sry bro. I'm from the north and made assumptions.

Is ok with you if I post my experiments with them here as well?
Would be nice to collect all data in easy to find form.

Best to start a separate thread mate... when I want to look at your grow, I don't want to have to go through all mine too lol

Nakumasa

Thats interesting thanks

Best to start a separate thread mate... when I want to look at your grow, I don't want to have to go through all mine too lol

No worries

And hopefully there are some whitey indulging scaring moments ahead of us :tiphat: eyes wide open checking out of the curtains type :biggrin:

Spaventa

Veteran
No worries

And hopefully there are some whitey indulging scaring moments ahead of us :tiphat: eyes wide open checking out of the curtains type :biggrin:

My first priority is what they smoke like but if its a great smoke, hopefully its a nice growing plant that doesn't tae too long but that would be a bonus, taste and effect is number 1.
Dubi hasn't told much but Im guessing we are looking at 10-12 weeks on the A5 x Malawi and maybe 12 plus on the NH cross? I could be totally wrong i don't know really lol

I grew PurpleHaze x Malawi once and they went 17 weeks.

brookie

THCV - nobody mentioned A5/MT until you came into the thread. See the thread title it says A5 x Malawi Killer. No mention of what you are talking about. See post number 9 in this thread it says it all...

Koondense

Veteran
I'm not expecting them to be this fast, spaventa.. my guess is:

A5 x Malawi - 14-15 weeks
Nevil's haze cut x Malawi - 13-14 weeks

Cheers

Spaventa

Veteran
I'm not expecting them to be this fast, spaventa.. my guess is:

A5 x Malawi - 14-15 weeks
Nevil's haze cut x Malawi - 13-14 weeks

Cheers

well we pretty much agree on the NH x Malawi but why do you suspect the A5 cross will be longer?

led05

Chasing The Present
Hi there,

Looking very much forward to see what comes out of these new fem lines.

Hope you will find some special plants coming out of our collaboration.

Always wanted to merge the old Haze hybrids to the better sativa lines on the market.

Both Haze hybrids were bred and selected by Nevil himself back in the day (mid/end '80's to early '90's) and kept by some passionate haze fanatics for the past 3 decades.

Finally we got around to it so eager to find out what will emerge.

This is merely a test case so no pressure what so ever, exactly the way we like it.

Big up to KarmaG for bringing back the only surviving A5 Haze cut out of the lime lights after 15 years of absence!
Good Karma to say the least!

All the best,

Sammy

Sammy,

Thank you for this information and details on the A5 & karma, he's one good dude...

If you don't mind me asking, where did the NH come from? I see you mention late 80's / early 90's but not the Karma detail....? was it same as the A5 - passionate fanatics S of Holland type of thing and then Karma? And now Dubi & crew are breeding with this stock? Somewhat confused...

I'm sure these crosses will be amazing, as expected, is Ace releasing them or someone else when they are surely successful? Sorry I'm in the dark here a little but these are things that interest me very much.

Thanks for all answers, much appreciated

Thcvhunter

Veteran
THCV - nobody mentioned A5/MT until you came into the thread. See the thread title it says A5 x Malawi Killer. No mention of what you are talking about. See post number 9 in this thread it says it all...

No need for saltiness.

Im very aware of the thread title.
I am very aware of the crew in A'Dam.
I'm very aware of pure A5 and A5 x Mirakel Thai and who has what.

Whats passed around is the A5/mT.
Sorry if the truth upsets some people, but as a preservationist, I will not suffer mistruths being spread and hybrid cuts being called pure.

Koondense

Veteran
well we pretty much agree on the NH x Malawi but why do you suspect the A5 cross will be longer?

I was thinking A5 haze is a pure haze plant from OHaze seeds, so very long flowering in essence, 15-18 weeks stuff. There seems to be very little precise info on the internet, some say the A5 is a Nl5 x Haze A male, for example. If it was true, I'd correct my suspicion about flower time and move it towards your numbers. Even better imo :)

Cheers

G

I was thinking A5 haze is a pure haze plant from OHaze seeds, so very long flowering in essence, 15-18 weeks stuff. There seems to be very little precise info on the internet, some say the A5 is a Nl5 x Haze A male, for example. If it was true, I'd correct my suspicion about flower time and move it towards your numbers. Even better imo :)

Cheers

Hi Koon!Yes,and C5 is NL5 x Haze C .If I recall correctly,the hz A is more on the colombian side and hz C more thai...There are a couple on threads on here I think.

Interesting info TCHV,hope dubi/yo sammy share a comment on your take.I was lucky enough to be gifted some of those too and would like to know.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Was Haze C a male or female?

C5 does go around in pure form.

C5 x A5/mT are being made in the States. As is a backcriss the A5

OldCoolSativa

A5 is a cut of Nl5xHza that was selected by Nevil and dates to the late 1980s. He described the Haze A progeny as having tastes and odors that are darker, spicier, less floral compared to Haze C progeny. He never commercially released Nl5xHza, although he did make seed, and some people got hold of that seed, in large lots. There was no Haze B, at least not that was used for breeding. You may have read the same thing I did where someone claimed Haze B was a parent of La Niñl, when it was in fact Mullimbimby Madness.

I enjoy pheno hunting and have very little interest in "elite" cuts, but A5 and C5 are the exceptions. That's why I'm very interested in this strain.

Kaskadian

Veteran
I'm looking forward to sitting back and watching the show together guys. Spaventa, thanks for documenting your grow. I wish you the best this grow, and I'm excited to see how this plays out for you.

:tiphat:

Spaventa

Veteran
I'm looking forward to sitting back and watching the show together guys. Spaventa, thanks for documenting your grow. I wish you the best this grow, and I'm excited to see how this plays out for you.

:tiphat:

I really appreciate that Kaskadian :)

J

jaded1

Good luck bruv!Cant wait to see what comes from these.
Anyone know if the haze cuts have been hit with any other pollen or just the Malawi?

Spaventa

Veteran
Good luck bruv!Cant wait to see what comes from these.
Anyone know if the haze cuts have been hit with any other pollen or just the Malawi?

I was told by a friend that A5 can be harvested between 10 and 12 weeks, depending on variables. The good Neviles Haze I know take 13 or 14.
All things being equal... the A5 x Malawi should be quicker than the NH x Malawi but only by a week or 2.

Latest posts

Latest posts