What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Priceless....

Trich_Tyson

Gunna try this again. This time i will do my best to keep pics at a reasonable size.

Ill just cut to the chase here..
I'm growing some weed.. and I'd love feedback as I go along.
Still much to learn and way more experience to gain.

Second run at this new spot. before this was a couple apartment closet runs.

Things aren't too exciting yet. popped a bunch of seeds, several varieties, and I'm looking for some keepers. got 20 plants in flower at the moment.. Pretty sure lol.

I'm a notorious overvegger and I have been packing them pretty tight.. just blowing thru packs to try to find some gems.

I'm also a terrible documenter (and remember-er), so this helps me for my reference.

This will be a slow start as we are only toward the end of week 3 since flip in one tent, and around 2 in the other.

Trich_Tyson

Some pics from the past few days for now.

This tent is all bodhi.. it's still early so i don't really have any cool pics.
black triangle, dragons blood hash plant (f4 momma).. There is also one blacktriangle f2 from Useful Idiot - the only one that made it up, and it was a mutant who lost it's meristem for a while. She has dinner plate leaves.. she's in the middle-ish right.
picture.php

It's a very cool cross.. Structure varies a bit between phenos but I have a few that have this very robust wide branching, with branches on branches on branches. Most phenos are fairly wide which doesn't lend well to overvegging. They are also a little larger than I'd like them to be. of course lol.
The blood sap trait came thru on almost every plant.. 2 males did not exhibit the trait, and i think one of the females did not. Most did, and the shade of red varies slightly. I love it!

I just noticed now that buds are setting, that the bases of bud leaves show blood sap.. at least I assume thats what it is.. I've never seen it.
couldn't get a great pic.. its much more pronounced in person
picture.php

just for fun a couple shots of some awesome gorilla bubble bx2 #14 from last run.. love this pheno
picture.php

picture.php

Trich_Tyson

Thanks pheonix. psyched to have you on board!

So in my other tent - the night-time lights on tent.. I've got 5 Chocolate trip f3 (Useful idiot) 3 BOG sour strawberry aka ssk and 2 bodhi dank sinatra.
These are the ones I have my eye on so far:
Dank Sinatra #1 - straight up bubble gum stink - i don't know where it comes from.. great bushy structure, beautiful leaves and very easy going.. so far lovely to work with.
picture.php

The chocolate trips are hard to judge.. its my first experience with a hard sativa leaner.. so i can't call it.. they are more sensitive to.. everything.. than i'm used to lol.
This is #8.. easiest grower, frostiest at this point.. and seems to be least sativa leaning
no discernable nose yet
picture.php

I am really excited about SSK 6 - which is a sickly sweet artificial strawberry.. like nothing i've ever smelled.. the yields will be small and dense. but she is frosty so far and if the smell keeps and translates to flavor... she will be headstash.
awesome bushiness.. very wide branching. stout and strong like Sour Bubble.
I'll get a pic when lights come on.

But.. for now you get this:
SSK 2:with what seems to have more bulking potential, decent frost so far, and large resin glands. the nose is weed. just like the 3rd one... I'm after the strawberry phenos.. but we shall see what comes of them all
picture.php

I bit off more than i can really chew in terms of space so i am building upwards in my closet.. gunna do one more shallow shelf up top for stuffs.

the seedlings were kind of neglected in the basement before i had space to bring them up.. so i kinda let them be hungry to slow em down.. time to bounce back
picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
love the little veg/seedling closet, you said hungry then I scrolled down and thought you had them in a fridge for a sec..lol

too-dope

Trich, you always come with the heat. That Gorilla Bubble bx2 looks out of this world. I'm Looking forward to your progress with that SSK 6.

too-dope

thanks brotha.

Here is the SSK #6. The strawberry pheno.
By the looks of it it will probably be headstash.
View Image

Nice. What are you growing with by the way? I saw your Headbangers in the karma forum, they look crazy. They look dialed in like you've been running them for a while. I'm currently growing out 3 of the Headbanger F2s.

Trich_Tyson

Definitely not dialed. Just got lucky. What you mean? Media?
Promix + perlite 50/50.
Jacks + calnit + epsom + silica.

Who's f2s are they?

too-dope

Yeah that's what I meant. The F2s were free with an order I got from Seedbay. They were made by a member here named baked beanz.

Trich_Tyson

omg shiiit!
my favorite cut in the house at the moment. The smells have been so difficult to describe.. so different. Deep rotting fruit, chemy notes, little bit of the hashiness from the SB.. with a beautiful true citric lime high note in the middle of it all..

Nice too-dope.. i saw he had sent those over there.. lots of cats have those. My f2's of course showed more variety. Particularly in the way of terpenes. Smelling the f2's is fun.. Some almost kushy chemy smelling sours all the way up to dirty diaper shit like the original diesel or the rez diesel.

Trich_Tyson

dialed back my ballasts yesterday to 750.

temps were a touch high for the rh i could provide... topping out at 85 during this heatwave and with 38-40% rh.

Today I am at 73* and 50% rh. 1* above my lungroom temps. I may turn down the ac a few points to allow the temps to get up to around 77.. as long as I can get the rh to increase with it.

While the yield was good enough for me last run, the gpw was probably only around .5. I was using the 1k as a buffer for inexperience so that I could still get what i needed.. I'm hoping with less stress from the light and with less energy cost I can slightly increase that efficiency.

Looking into 630's for the next run if this one goes okay.

Thanks to all the homies I been chatting with who be putting me on game! I appreciate it more than yall can imagine

:tiphat:

Trich_Tyson

Aight.. so if you follow me on other platforms you've seen most of this or heard about it.

I've been battling PM for a couple weeks now. It isn't a bad case but it's been nerve racking..
I lost one chocolate trip pheno.. it went from a spot or two to whole branches over night. One other trip still has a few spots.. I hit them with h2o2 the other night and modern microbes last night.
The green cure (potassium bicarbonate) i used a couple weeks ago helped for a couple weeks.. it burns pistils and leaf tips tho.

weaponry on hand (or soon to be delivered)
zerotol 2.0 (oxidate)
eagle20
daconil
modern microbes lazarus
build a soil essential oil blend
BAS agsil (i also ordered the new 99% silica product)
green cure
ordered some Sals Suds to make green cleaner
sulphur
ale 200x concentrate

Willing to try anything at this point lol.

I also drink this daily.. I know high ph on the leaf surface is beneficial in this battle. so i grabbed some to use for my h2o2 spray. when I read the ingredients I noticed we got potassium carbonate, potassium bicarbonate (green cure), and magnesium sulfate (epsom salts). now idk ratios of these minerals.. but it seems like this is a bottle of low dose IPM lol..
picture.php

Some headbanger QWET i finally got to evap the other day
picture.php

blessed by a good dude.. thanks for the opportunity.. can't wait to run these
picture.php

I really fucking hate how images get rotated here.. half the reason it takes so long to post.. how do i get them to not fucking do that.
nursery
picture.php

one of each of the sativas up next
weird jimmy, spell caster, mango nigerian
picture.php

Last edited:

onavelzy

Veteran
Aight.. so if you follow me on other platforms you've seen most of this or heard about it.

I've been battling PM for a couple weeks now. It isn't a bad case but it's been nerve racking..
I lost one chocolate trip pheno.. it went from a spot or two to whole branches over night. One other trip still has a few spots.. I hit them with h2o2 the other night and modern microbes last night.
The green cure (potassium bicarbonate) i used a couple weeks ago helped for a couple weeks.. it burns pistils and leaf tips tho.

weaponry on hand (or soon to be delivered)
zerotol 2.0 (oxidate)
eagle20
daconil
modern microbes lazarus
build a soil essential oil blend
BAS agsil (i also ordered the new 99% silica product)
green cure
ordered some Sals Suds to make green cleaner
sulphur

Willing to try anything at this point lol.

Hi Trich, found your thread going through the New Posts link. Can't believe I never looked up your work before. It's looking great. That's a lot of solo cups growing. How big are your tents?

Hammerhead swears by sulfur burns but I'm not sure how far into flower you can use it. The links i found on a quick search suggested it's fine well into flower but I've never used it yet. Considering doing it as a preventative after I finish this run. In the mean time, I'm relying on air movement. I'm running three fans, two 6" one fixed above the canopy and a rotating 9 " at floor level (5x5x7'9" tent) as well as blowing air into the tent with my air exchange fan

I really fucking hate how images get rotated here.. half the reason it takes so long to post.. how do i get them to not fucking do that.

If you're using an iPhone, I have the same problem. They only solution I have found is to take the picture with the camera rotated to the horizontal with the buttons that adjust the sound are on the bottom. Sucks because with the camera in the horizontal position, it's hard to get vertical shots of plants. You have to back way up to get the whole plant in view.

I'm out of reps for you atm. Keep up the good work. And the humor. I laughed my ass off on the fake gg4 comment of yours

Latest posts

Latest posts