What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Barneys Farm Amnesia Lemon

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Coco, check...
Blumats, check...
6.5L pots, check...

Popped a few beans to see if I can find a new mother or 2. I think there's about 30 there including a couple of Fire OG beans a OG Blue and single Super Silver Haze, all feminised apart from the 2 Fire OG's.

It's Been about 5 weeks since I put them in paper towels, started off under floro's, then onto the single 600, now basking under 2 x 600's, soon to be 3 as they're growing quickly now after a couple of mishaps.

I've been breaking/bending necks here and there by hand and with 'bends', those lil white things you can see in the pics (for those that aren't aware of this product). I like the bends a lot but you go through so many and only about 75% of them are re-usable after harvest as some tend to get brittle or just stretched to wide... Still a great product.

Guessing they'll need another 10-14 days veg and then flip, We'll see....

Feed so far is:

2ml/L Canna coco A&B
0.3ml/L Roots excelurator
0.5ml/L Grotec Silicon (until my shop gets budlink back in)
Weekly foliar of maxi-crop seaweed

Hand watered until they fill the 6.5L's then I'll turn on the blumats. Set up is looking ghetto at the minute :D soon get that sorted!

Pic were taken on Wed

Attachments

• A:L side..jpg
    A:L side..jpg
    129 KB · Views: 25
  • A:L side.jpg
    A:L side.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 25
  • A:L top...jpg
    A:L top...jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 20
  • A:L top.jpg
    A:L top.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 21

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
Hey Shhh my friend nice show :) As for those bends best applying for a few days at a time adjusting where you place them to get better shapes. Once the stem has had the bend on for a few days it will stay like that, make sure you do not leave them on during flower as they can cut in to the stems easily. Picture of health mate.

F

Fields~of~Green

Looking good mate

I thought the budlink was weak myself I like the potsil more

Do you set the blumats up to give you abit of runoff been thinking on getting some for the moms

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
@Supafunk, Cheers mate... Yeah, blumats ftw for sure. Once they're set and you've had the couple days of fiddling with the water control nob it's happy days.

@Dank Demon, errrrr oh right [hides face in shame] lol... I usually leave a few on all the way through till harvest :D Guess that's why they're stretched so wide then lmfao! :D:D Thanks for the tip DD.

@FOG Alright mate, cheers for stopping by.... I've never tried potsil.Will have to look into it, assuming it performs as well as budlink, just better dilution rates.

Regarding run off and blumats it depends on your EC tbh, I feed very low EC as they're getting food constantly via the slow drip action so run off isn't as critical as when the EC is higher, to use them for moms you can just give the mom a weekly flush by hand to ensure no toxic levels build up in the root zone.

I personally still like a little run off when using them on a grow, knowhere near as much as a dtw grow though

F

Fields~of~Green

Thanks for the blumat tips I feed my mom's 0.8 ec so should be fine with a weekly flush

The potsil is stronger and cheaper iirc

SupaFunk

Veteran
@Shhh - We're singing from the same hymn sheet on the run off. I probably end up with about litre in each catch tray at the end of a week, from 3 plants per tray.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Looking good bro, who's the breeder of the Fire OG, are they standard M/F seeds?

The ladies look like they're enjoying life, look at them thick stems :bigeye: :bigeye: When are you gonna flip and are you using air-cooled hoods?

Peace,
HGO

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
@FOG, yeah EC0.8 shouldn't cause any issues mate. I'll try and find that potsil stuff.

@Supafunk, sounds similar to what I get per tray of 4, makes clean up time a breeze :)

@100, What's up homie. Cheers for stopping by :)

The Fire OG are raskals, and they are standard m/f beans. The place where I am doesn't allow for air cooled hoods although you better believe I bloody need em :D lol. I have 2 tents each will have 3 600's in with 4/5 plants per light.

This is probably the lowest amount of plannts I've ran per light so I'm winging it reagrding when to flip to bloom... Plants are about 14" now after multiple bending, pinching and being topped. I'll probably flip them when they hit 18" all going well they will be 3'-3'.5'' after the stretch. Was thinking about a getting non carcinogenic pgr to cease stretch in case they reach for the stars though

Edit>> @100 they are Fire Alien (Fire OG mom x Alien Kush pops) not Fire OG my bad bro!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Lil update...

These things have taken off since being transplanted into the 6.5L pots last Wednesday. They're outgrowing the 2 x 600w lights quickly, been lazy so only just got the 3rd light up, need to tweak ventilation a bit before I fire it up though as the filter isn't hung along with some other issues that need rectifying.

Bought a bottle of Advanced Nutrients Nirvana to try out, it's sold as a bloom boost, but can be used in veg too. Ingredients listed are Alfalfa Meal (with TRIA aka Triacontanol), Seaweed, Chitin derived from Guano and Krill meal, L-aminos, Humic & Fulvic acids & natural surfactants to aid absorption into leaves when used as a foliar.

Gave the ladies their first taste today 2ml mixed into 1L of water for a foliar pre lights on.

I'm going to run AN's Big Bud and Overdrive as well, they seem to get good reviews and I'm yet to try this combo.

2 or 3 plants have gone a couple of shades lighter in colour... I think this is due to me giving them a wet/dry cycle to encourage roots to grow. The roots have now spread out nicely and are coming out of the bottom of the 6.5's, time to get the blumats set up!

Thinking of flipping them on Wednesday, the tallest one is now 19" and the rest are catching up fast. I've not trained them for a couple of days which hasn't helped with their height.. I know if I don't flip them soon it will get messy :D What do you guys think?

Pics...

Attachments

• AL veg.jpg
    AL veg.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 24
  • AL veg..jpg
    AL veg..jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 19
  • AL veg...jpg
    AL veg...jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 18
  • AL veg....jpg
    AL veg....jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 25

Harry Lime

Veteran
I think they look fucking lush, Man. I love anything lemon - cake - soft drink - beer and my mouths watering just looking at them in veg.

Flip em wednesday, show us how delicious they are:tiphat:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Lol Harry, I like my lemon too mate :D I've seen a couple grows online of the Amnesia Lemon looks tasty for sure... Cheers for the kind remarks!

W'sup DD, thanks for the props bro. I should highlight again, in case it was missed before... There are 28 plants (26 fems, 2 standard) They're going to be split up to go under 6 lights, Probably end up with 27 fems all going well... this means 4 plants per light for 3 lights and 5 plants per light for the other 3 lights.

With that said do you still think flip on Weds?

F

Fields~of~Green

What pot size and how big are they now I would want 6plus colas per plant with that number of plants per light

No doubt the amnesia lemon will ha 've a decent stretch too

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cheers lads, I'll flip them on wednesday, have done a bit more training this eve, so that should slow them down for a day, then they'll be split up into the tents and have all the space they'll need.

@FOG most have 7+ heads on them so that should be cool. If they grow spears like your casey does then it's happy days mate :tiphat:

W

willyweed

hey shhh, grown a lot of barneys farm seeds out, and never had one major problem with them .looking forward to seeing what you can do with these.all the best .ww :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi willyweed,

glad to hear they're stuff is solid, I've read the same thing about their strains online. Although they had a little wobble a few years back with a few reporting hermies, but good bud all the same lol.

Have you tired the amnesia lemon?

Update on the grow....

I ended up flipping them to bloom on Saturday just gone, been very busy lately so they've suffered a little as I haven't been supercropping them as much as I should and when I was not so busy I was hand feeding twice daily instead of the once they've been getting.

I can blame the place I ordered my blumat components from for the delay in getting them onto automated watering, they stuffed my order up and I'm still waiting for my shit to arrive. Ah well, not the worst way to spend 30 minutes... and very relaxing with a J in hand!

So they got flipped a lil later than planned, haven't had been supercropped in a couple of days, spent to long huddled up under 3 lights- while I got my ass in gear to set up the other tent and generally haven't had the best last 10 days or so, but they're looking better now they've been split up and had a couple of days to spread their wings...

Feed now is:

2.5ml/L Canna coco A&B
0.3ml/L Roots excelurator
0.5ml/L Grotec Silicon
Weekly foliar of Advanced Nutrients Nirvana.

I've got AN's big bud and overdrive, I read bud candy is the icing on the cake with those 2, but I found molasses to be the same if not better than bud candy so I'm adding that instead, will start with the molasses at day 7 bloom and run until flush @ 1 teaspoon per gal.

Excuse the pics, not the best today :moon:

The plant to the back right of this pic is the G13Labs Blue OG (blueberry f3, bluemoonshine x OG Kush) the rest are Amnesia Lemon

picture.php

The plant in the bottom left corner is the silver surfer haze, some super silver knock off I expect, a freebie so and vigorous as fook so I'm not complaining!

picture.php

The next 2 are Amnesia Lemon

picture.php

picture.php

That's all I got before the battery ran out, will sort some decent pics once all is set up, hopefully by this weekend.

Harry Lime

Veteran
Thanks for the update, Shhhh.

Can you tell us how you use molasses, please? 1 teaspoon per gallon doesn't mean much if you're used to ml per litre!
Do you dissolve it in warm water before adding to the rez? Does it affect ph?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi Harry,

the molasses works out to 5ml per 4L of water (1.25ml per L), I dissolve it in warm water as it dissolves a lot quicker, the warmer the better tbh. It doesn't effect pH that I remember but I haven't used it in a while, it does however raise EC. I hand feed it in because it makes the rez go bad if you leave it in there for a few days....smelly stuff lol.