What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Metabolic fingerprinting of Cannabis sativa L., cannabinoids and terpenoids

Storm Shadow

Veteran
http://www.biomedsearch.com/nih/Metabolic-fingerprinting-Cannabis-sativa-L/21040939.html

Metabolic fingerprinting of Cannabis sativa L., cannabinoids and terpenoids for chemotaxonomic and drug standardization purposes.

Cannabis sativa L. is an important medicinal plant. In order to develop cannabis plant material as a medicinal product quality control and clear chemotaxonomic discrimination between varieties is a necessity. Therefore in this study 11 cannabis varieties were grown under the same environmental conditions. Chemical analysis of cannabis plant material used a gas chromatography flame ionization detection method that was validated for quantitative analysis of cannabis monoterpenoids, sesquiterpenoids, and cannabinoids. Quantitative data was analyzed using principal component analysis to determine which compounds are most important in discriminating cannabis varieties. In total 36 compounds were identified and quantified in the 11 varieties. Using principal component analysis each cannabis variety could be chemically discriminated. This methodology is useful for both chemotaxonomic discrimination of cannabis varieties and quality control of plant material

Cannabologist

Veteran
- These are all great studies, and I know you are new and so you want to up your post count, but I feel everyone would be better served if these were compiled into one posting with a general title, so as you find new articles not yet posted to the board, you can post them under your one thread, and people will have them there in one place for easy referencing. That was at least my thought on how to post articles I find ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts