What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is this?

I figure if anyone knows what this is it will be someone here. This slime is from a bottle of cutting edge solutions magnesium sulphate "solar gaia"

IMG_20110119_114117.jpg

zenoonez

Veteran
Matt Rize in the image name... hmm? Looks like a bacterial mass or the leftovers of one.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Thom, Looks like a fungal formation (e.g. fungi/mold/yeast feeding on organic matter). It likely will harbor anaerobic bacteria as well. How large is it?

Hey Thom, Looks like a fungal formation (e.g. fungi/mold/yeast feeding on organic matter). It likely will harbor anaerobic bacteria as well. How large is it?

It is about the size of a dollar coin. I may detect some ammonia smell that I am not used to.

And zen/yourc... I don't know what you are talking about. :artist:

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lets just say don't ever use photobucket. and as long as your civil i don't care who you are.

imadoofus

Veteran
thomkal, are you ready to use chemicals? come on over to the dark side...

its ok.

we all do it.

thomkal, are you ready to use chemicals? come on over to the dark side...

its ok.

we all do it.

Hell nah! I live organics :ying:

@yc & zen: What's wrong with photobucket? Where should I dump all the crazy wannabe professor's pics for ic? Geez, I can't do anything right, except make hash, lol.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Anyway.

On topic: I would say that is probably something I would not put in the same room with my plants.

Anyway.

On topic: I would say that is probably something I would not put in the same room with my plants.

Hey thanks. I 8/6'ed the bottle when I saw that slime. I use a plastic syringe to pull nutes, and the slime clogged up the tip, otherwise, with the foam in the bottle after shaking, I wouldn't have known. Wonder how long this goo has been growing...? There was more of this slime in there, about three times as much as in the picture.

Now everyone please go back and edit out the mr references :) Thank you.