What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Germination phase - Few questions?

moonpye420

I do have a question in regards to soil. I plan to transplant the plants from Solo cups to one-gallon pots; I have purchased Vermifire soil, Vermiculite, and Coco. Would it be good to mix the 3 when I transplant? I am waiting for my nutes to come but I bought Blue Planet Starter pack, has anyone heard of his brand and what do you think of it?

Floridian

Veteran
Never heard of that but you could get a cool mist humidifier or two to help raise humidity a skosh,they are very cheap not like de-humidifiers.Spider mites hate them too it's part of my normal regimen in the veg stage

moonpye420

Floridian quick question about the humidifier: Does one need to worry about the mist coming out of the humidifier and landing on the leaves? Do I need to use special water like R/O? I know weird question!!!!

Floridian

Veteran
No special water although the cleaner the less it will clog up the works so to say.I just use tapwater.I have my cool mist humidifier a couple ft away from the plants and the oscillating fan a couple ft behind the humidifier.Of course the size of the fan,grow and layout all play a part.The air movement basically breaks up the mist and you shouldn't have any water buildup on any of the plants,at least I've never noticed any.I'm not a fan of foliar feeding and don't want my leaf surface accumulating any moisture on it,this doesn't happen with a humidifier in my experience

Floridian

Veteran
Ag if I remember right my cool mist humidifier was 19 and 99 I'm sure you could find a place to make a sacrifice for that lol.I use it mainly as a spidermite preventative but it does bring the RH level up some,not a lot but some.Imagine being a plant under thise HID's how good it would feel to have a cool moist breeze intermittently blowing on you!They have mentioned on more than one occasion how much they truly appreciate it

Americangrower

Veteran
Ag if I remember right my cool mist humidifier was 19 and 99 I'm sure you could find a place to make a sacrifice for that lol.I use it mainly as a spidermite preventative but it does bring the RH level up some,not a lot but some.Imagine being a plant under thise HID's how good it would feel to have a cool moist breeze intermittently blowing on you!They have mentioned on more than one occasion how much they truly appreciate it

I only spray in veg and 90% of the time thats under t5's. I keep my lil ones well misted with h2o and neem. I don't have to worry about low humidity I have to run dehumidifier 24/7 to keep growrooms under 50

Slabs

I only spray in veg and 90% of the time thats under t5's. I keep my lil ones well misted with h2o and neem. I don't have to worry about low humidity I have to run dehumidifier 24/7 to keep growrooms under 50
constantly emptying that damn thing :whee:

humidity is literally on the bottom of the list lol

Floridian

Veteran
Yea spending anything on something unneeded is pretty foolish,I used to battle the southern red spidermite on occasion in the veg stage and the humidifier seems to have taken care of that issue.Looking back I can't remember having an issue with them at all after incorporating the humidifier into my regular regimen.God the first time I saw one brick red crablike motherfucker with a 10x I had a physical reaction like sudden overwhelming heartburn,I wasn't expecting it at all.They are evil looking little fucks.