What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

first grow in canna coco seeds dying

packerfan79

Veteran
Most of the time lost seeds is from overwatering ime. Gh is fine but the grow isn't needed 6and 9 ml bloom and micro get, mabey some floraliscious

hazyfontazy

Veteran
There is one bubblegum left but it has rush spots on some leafs and stems have red stripes
On them & small leaf stems too she isn't looking too good don't no if I can save her.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

probably due to not enough feed ,,,persevere ,,keep asking and looking for the answers ,,

when you get to 50 posts you can pm direct and we'll see if we can get you sorted ,,if u goto female seeds on here they are currently asking for testers ,i will also ask a few seed breeder friends if they will gift you some seeds too ..

do not give up ,,were here to help :tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
coco & seedlings are touchy , things can go wrong quick . its all about the moisture in the coco . if its to dry or to wet you'll have problems like your experiencing . yes coco should be precharged with a low dose of nutes & calmag . the charge for seedlings should be pretty low , like .4EC low , otherwise you chance burning them . once you get a few nodes & a few sets of leaves you can slowly bring up the EC . & never feed plain water to coco ! use the same EC dosage water that you charged the coco with to feed them . it helps keep the cations in the coco in balance .

F

FreeUrMind

Thanks Dan I came into this blind my hydroshop didn't help me with info.but I will learn
It was great when my seeds popped up but when I started killing them I thought I need help
And yourself & hazyfontazy have been giving me good info Thanks

F

FreeUrMind

Sorry folks this attempt at growing has failed....back to the drawing board I guess.Peace

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Sorry to hear that. You might want to practice with some free seeds from friends. I lightly sand them before soaking in water for a day or 2, to help them crack quicker. Then into rockwool.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have started seeds in fox farms light warrior before with great results .... & as long as theres not alot of soil in the cups , they transplant into coco very well after they've established some good roots .
might want to try that route next time . plus the LW only needs plain water feeds untill you put them in coco .
this will also give you some time to read up more on coco feeds & what it needs to grow great buds .

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i have started seeds in fox farms light warrior before with great results .... & as long as theres not alot of soil in the cups , they transplant into coco very well after they've established some good roots .
might want to try that route next time . plus the LW only needs plain water feeds untill you put them in coco .
this will also give you some time to read up more on coco feeds & what it needs to grow great buds .

Exactly what I do light warrior for germ n few weeks in one of those smaller beer cups half full n bout 2nd set of leaves into a regular cup of coco at half strength rob start... Seeds ain't cuts n need to be worked up to a full strength feed..

F

FreeUrMind

Thanks everyone just sold some ps4 games.so I am going to order some more seeds but this
Time I am going to grow just the one plant.can't afford & don't want to kill any more seeds.
Thanks for the tips

HqFarms

Pictures help a lot because none of really know what's going on. Most likely you will kill them in any medium you choose.

With coco and everything else you are best to water your seedlings with a spray bottle. With coco you don't need to feed first. You onPly need to feed when the cotyledons start to yellow. Those cotyledons have all the nutrients that seedling needs, that's their job. In coco you never let the coco completely dry out, a moisture meter is your best friend. Keep the coco moist, never wet or saturated. Always feed since coco is inert but feed at low doses, after the cotyledons yellow a little.

packerfan79

Veteran
I lost an entire batch of seeds first-time running seeds. I had been growing for 4 years, so don't beat yourself up. Their are some cheap seeds out their. Check out glg, they have great deals. I agree with Dan's, I start my seeds in soil. I would start with soil for a couple rounds, to get some confidence then you can explore other mediums. Autos could be a good way to cut your teeth. Afterthought autos are supposed to be quite good, and reasonably priced. I wouldn't spend big money indeed a till you have a better understanding of things

Snydgrow

Ok go back to the grow shop get some light mix soil and start your seeds in this in small pots once they have a few set of leaves then you can transfer to coco and start feeding this is s much easier way of getting started mate.