What's new

Flushing Living Organic Soil?

CrackInTheBox

Good to be back, its been almost a year or two since ive been on here and ive gone from bottled nutes in coco to growing in a soil mend with just straight R.O. water. Im kind of confused on whether or not I should be flushing at the end or not, seeing how I don t put anything besides water to the soil. I understand the breakdown of chlorophyll at the end of its life is crucial in a proper fade, but it seems that it takes forever to fade these things out. and I don't want to just dedicate and pick the crop and get a not near perfect white ash that I strive to get. when it comes to dry and cur I just hand em by 8-12" stalks cuttings to dry for however long it takes them and trim after so I don't leak chlorophyll all over my buds. any input would be appreciated.

• no nutes
  • just RO water
  • flush or not?:biggrin:

Meds4Me

If you added nothing, there is nothing to remove. Flushing it would be like flushing a plant growing out in the wild.

M

meowmeowmeow

Feed her r/o water unti about 7-14 days til chop is my method

Dog Star

Veteran
Ohhh there is a flushing in organics.. but usually cames in begginings of grow cicle
if i made too hot soil... ;)

T

TrueReligion

i feed molasses and ro water for about 2 1/2 weeks before chop and it turns out great!

HqFarms

When I run amended soil but not notill, I like to go through wet and completely dry cycles for the last 10- 20 days. In my head that helps the plant use up everything it has stored in the leaves. Now with notill, I always keep the soil moist so none of the microbe life die

M

meowmeowmeow

So my updated take is ............

I'm in the last 10 days of flower for 3 organic/clean grown plants right now.
Rather than continue the feed schedule per the nute comapny using sweet smelling nutes.
I choose to run good ole H2O for the last 7-10 days.

Is that flushing? Kinda. It's my method that works for that white ash. :biggrin:

hellfire

Yes. At least the last week in my opinion, I prefer 12-14 days of plain water.

You need to flush organics if you go overkill/stuff isn't fully used up/high ppm. Ever smoked a joint of something that had way too much bone meal? Or a notill with too much K? Yeah..

M

meowmeowmeow

Here's you clean/organic 99.9% 7 day Denver tap water flushed flower for you.
OG Bobby Johnson 2.0

Message_1497542113093.jpg

:rasta:

Floridian

Veteran
I use PBP flower in 12/12 which isn't organic but much closer than most.The last 7-10 days I use plain R/O water so the plants use up any remaining nutrients that may be in the soil.To me that is a flush I don't even attempt to get a good amount of runoff like I do when feeding,I just water with water