What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannahoney... From Cannabis Bees!!!

WishDoctor

I've written about this in another thread years ago, been working bees since 1982
Bees and Cannabis go together so so, if they find a strain they like they gather the resin to make propolis.
My Caucasan strain of Honey Bees from Sue Colby love cannabis so much they get stuck and pass, I've found some plants like BOGs Sour Strawberry Kush to be a fave of the girls, same with my magic merlin x strawberry cough we call "Bee Brains"
as to honey influenced by cannabis, maybe yes maybe no, I think so, but cannabis is a wind driven pollinator and the buds have no nectar for bees to gather, and the only reason they gather male pollen is because pollen is the bees protein, and the nectar their carbs.
I can go on and on, but to learn you need to be a beekeeper. I am a Master Beekeeper here in Oregon through the OSU MBP
onwards...

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Maybe some bees associate some volatiles from some strain with some different pollen and nectar source and are fooled some. Pollen has most of the cannabinoids and volatiles and all. I'm not a beekeeper and haven't seen a honeybee since at least 2014, even with small gardens and often walking past some few remaining lawns with clover.