What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

training seedlings

nabzter

Ok so I have a scenario where I have some mature plants already in flower so am unable to lower the light.....

Would it be ok to train seedlings if I felt they were stretching too much ?

Ganja Maker

Usually when my seedlings stretch too much I will just up pot them to something slightly bigger and bury most of the stem. New roots will eventually grow from anything under the surface.

nabzter

Usually when my seedlings stretch too much I will just up pot them to something slightly bigger and bury most of the stem. New roots will eventually grow from anything under the surface.

These are autos potted straight into the final pot. Although I didn't fill the pits right to the top so your method is an option...Thanks for that

GrnEyes

@GanjaMaker when u bury the stem - do you need rooting hormone? I know with tomatoes you just plant the stem under and they go crazy in a good way...however cannabis seeds are SO much more expensive i don't want to acres it up. Do you ever have problems with dampening off doing this? I'm sorry for the questions- this is my firat official grow and I'm using in Royal Gold Tupur coco. Seeds popped a week ago.

Hooter

You can bury to the first to leaves on a seedling without hormones. Just did it on my auto skunk. The stalk on my plant now is very thick.

GrnEyes

Burying the stem up to a half inch under the first leaves worked great! Stems got nice and strong/ thick. Thank you much.

Hooter

Yup you will get stronger and larger plant as root structure is 4 times that of a regular germinated seed. The yields will be larger especially with autos like I grow.
Cheers