What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Problems with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro, PBP

smokeee

I was curious if anyone using Botanicare PBP series of nutrients has encountered any problems. Like possible nut deficiencies. I'm thinking a lack of sulfur is causing some minor health issues in my veg room.

I saw a thread on here from 4 years ago on the topic, but haven't seen anything recent.

Someone suggested 'Sweet' had sulphur listed in it, and that it was a ploy by Botanicare to get us to buy sweet, since it wasn't listed on their other products.
I tried some Sweet from an old bottle I had in the garage, and it did seem to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with this?

Using:
Pure Blend Pro Grow
Liquid Karma
Hydroplex
Calmag
Hydroguard
And now Sweet

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have used it on and off for a long time ..no issues its actually one of my fav ferts...yeehaw..I do add a bit of Epsom salts ..I skip all the rest of the products they try to sucker you into using ..I use earth juice extras

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I've been using them for years and have cut down to the basics.

PBP Grow, PBP Bloom for soil and Cal-mag. I would alternate ferts and water depending on how things are going. The 1-4-5 PBP Bloom for soil is great.

-Funk

smokeee

I'm seeing sulfer in the hydroplex. So, my other guess was magnesium deficiency. Since using Sweet helped, and as granger pointed out, Sweet has magnesium, I'm thinking that was the problem.

I have only used PBP line of nuts. Calmag is a must (using coir), and the plants love the humic in hydroplex. Liquid karma gives a good boost to plants as well.
I have never used the hydroguard before, we'll see if there seems to be a benefit.
Guess I should get some Epsom salts, since I've never used them before. How much per gallon should I use?

I love pbp. Been using it for years. I get really nicely green plants, fast growth in veg and great yields. For veg i use pro grow, karma, and prue blend tea every feeding and i alternate cal-mag/silica blast. I use vitamino every other feeding and i also use orca. In flower i switch the pro grow for bloom soil, add hydroplex and earth juice molasses, and drop the orca. I feed once every 7-8 days. Haven't had any deficiency problems. I have never use hydrogaurd before either, i might try it in a quarter of one of my rooms and see if it adds a noticeable difference

LarWanenCali

Better late than never

Better late than never

I was curious if anyone using Botanicare PBP series of nutrients has encountered any problems. Like possible nut deficiencies. I'm thinking a lack of sulfur is causing some minor health issues in my veg room.

I saw a thread on here from 4 years ago on the topic, but haven't seen anything recent.

Someone suggested 'Sweet' had sulphur listed in it, and that it was a ploy by Botanicare to get us to buy sweet, since it wasn't listed on their other products.
I tried some Sweet from an old bottle I had in the garage, and it did seem to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with this?

Using:
Pure Blend Pro Grow
Liquid Karma
Hydroplex
Calmag
Hydroguard
And now Sweet[/QUOTE

The way to go if ur growing indoors basic 90 day grow you would use the calmagplus for all of the veg and the first half of flower or 60 days roughly then switch to sweet flora necter or magnum their all magsulfor for ripening, it makes a big difference when you use them the way they were intended. Botanicare has a place that suggests the calmagplus and the sweet with the PBP system

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Well I have used Botanicare for a long long time. I am not impressed as of late. The color and smell has changed and I am not seeing the results I have been come accustomed to.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Well I have used Botanicare for a long long time. I am not impressed as of late. The color and smell has changed and I am not seeing the results I have been come accustomed to.

I haven't bought any for a while. Still have some left, but I've been reading on here occasionally of ppl complaining about the same thing. I hope it's not true. They did recently get bought by Monosato...or whatever their name is. God I hope they don't mess with the formula.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I agree with Lester on this. I've also used PBP for years and have noticed differences recently. The PBP and Liquid Karma are not as thick as they used to be. Their unique smells are lacking too. The leaf tips of plants are getting burned faster even when using smaller amounts than dosage listed on the container.

I'm not sure if this is cost cutting or related to the recent buyout. Still makes you wonder though.

-Funk

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran

You guys still running the Pure Blend? If you have switched, what are you using now?

I was using General Organics, but felt like PBP might be better lately, so I am going back to Pure Blend now. Going to keep running the General Organics Calmag and Biobud alongside the PBP anyway, those seem like the highlights of the GO line.

Any info is appreciated, with the money we spend on nutrients, best be informed!

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I'm doing organic soil right now. I switched because I wanted something even easier!! :biglaugh: Using water only, with an occasional microbe boost is pretty awesome. I still have some PBP just in case though. I used it for so long I wouldn't feel right if I didn't have any on the shelf!

Drewsif

Half the strains at dispensaries are grown with PBP. It doesn't say that on the label, you can just taste it. Like plastic flowers.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I'm still using PBP Bloom for soil (1-4-5) its hard to beat. It definitely does not taste like plastic flowers. In combination with Mammoth P and Recharge you can use 15 ml/gal every other water and be just fine.

-Funk

superjet

I'm still using PBP Bloom for soil (1-4-5) its hard to beat. It definitely does not taste like plastic flowers. In combination with Mammoth P and Recharge you can use 15 ml/gal every other water and be just fine.

-Funk
I'm in straight coco and switched to Botanicare's PBP bloom for soil with a few other products/supplements they make and I can tell you my plants taste and smell better than they ever have. organic enough for me and soooo easy.....I love it.

Easy7

Veteran
Pbp does not have micros as it is not a complete fert. You need fulvex or microblast as well.

superjet

I'm not looking for a complete one part fert (they don't exist), did the kiss method for a few years learning to grow first. now I want something more on the organic side, something more tunable and less mess. I supplement with their cal-mag, fulvex, liquid karma, silica blast and their hydroguard. the smell and flavor I'm getting now are better than ever and I'm only on my second run with the botanicare.

superjet

no problemos with the pure blend pro! while im only on my 3rd run with it I really like the results im getting with the botanicare line up. a little bit better taste and smell. weather that's related to it being a little more on the organic side or my less is better approach, I don't know probably both. I feed @ about 1.3 to 1.5ec in veg and only use a base (1 of their 3), ph up and the hydroguard. in flower its on and I use their pbp soil formula along with calmag, liquid karma, fulvex, silica blast, ph up and hydroguard with ro water @ 10ppms/.5ec while staying within 1.4-1.6ec. about every 10 days I will give them (lightly!) straight ro and a azatrol drench, about 5-10% runoff in coco. keeps them freaking knats in check. I never spray the plants themselves with anything ever, why?

superjet

these are 2 weeks into flower. they don't look over or under fed to me, but im not an expert, yet haha. I don't trim the plant either, it lets me know (I think) from the bottom up how im feeding her.
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts