What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help from american growers to choose led panel

carlo87

Hi guys, I'm italian and here in europe the led panels are all crap made in china, I'm here for ask an help to choose an USA led panel which have no comparisons! My growing are is 1 square meter x 2 meter height, I would replace the 400W MH/HPS with led, but in USA you have many choice and I don't know all products and which are the best. I saw Platinum advace, Kind, California lightworks, and Black dog, but I have little knowledge abou leds and I don't which to choose. For my ignorance I like Black dog and California lightworks but I have no idea which model, how many watt and if this brands are really good. For these reasons I would ask for help to you which are the numbers one in cannabis world!
Thank you in advance for the precious info you give me!

weedape

Be aware that most led manufacturers advertise the wattage that their product can supposedly replace rather than the actual power it draws from the outlet. Yes led lighting can give the plant more useable light while drawing the same amount of power but realistically if you want to replace a 400 watt HID lamp, you will need an led fixture that pulls about 400 watts as well. Black Dog's new phytomax-2 400 pulls 420 watts but uses individual diodes. That is sort of dated technology now that there are COB led's available. The California light works solar storm 440 draws 350 but also makes use of single diodes. In addition it has UV tubes. Personally I like lights by Amare Technology. They offer the solar eclipse se450, which draws 483 watts and makes use of top bin Cree components including COBs. It has added uvb tubes. Amare lights also have full spectrum white light that may improve plant health. Although Black Dog and California Lightworks are quality fixtures, they are using old tech and selling them at top of the line prices. There are other companies than Amare using cobs and now even some mcobs, but many of them seem to have other pitfalls. The Amare customer service and product speak for themselves.