What's new

Outdoor plant has 1 stems leaves looking bad.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hey ya'll, this plant has been outside under a week and one of the stems started to get some leaf discoloration. I am not sure, it looks like it might be a magnesium deficiency based on the coloring and location? It's only on this stem, everything else is beautiful green.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
How does the stem of the branch in question look? Any damage or brown or moldy spots on the stem?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That stem seemed to be fine, no damage or mold that was noticeable. Unfortunately we had a hell of a storm come through last night, so I had to trim a bunch of branches off that had snapped :( Didn't get the stem with the wonky leaves though.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Kind of an update, the leaves seem "better". The spots that went brown are still brown, but the spots that were light yellow/white seem to have rebounded and are green again.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yup just the one. I have been flipping them over to check for mites and anything on the bottoms of the leaf, cause I keep seeing horror story posts and if I see anything like that they are getting put way far from the house.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
AgentPotHead, You may have had something on your hand or sleeve and didn't notice it when handling the plant or during watering. I had a similar issue once, simple oversight. Peace

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'll make sure and wash my hands, I didn't really think about that but that makes a lot of sense, especially if I was mixing nutes before that.

Latest posts

Latest posts