What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C- BANANA S1

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
CB smells just like rip bananas in flower. she lost alot of that aroma when dry. Its still there but slight. I would Just relocate down wind of ur girls. Being concerned u might pollinate some other plants miles away from ur's is futile. Ur plants could get pollinated from someones males miles from ur plants. That's part of growing cannabis outdoor. Collect some pollen while u have heshe already in flower. If u plan on making seeds in the future take cuttings. It would be nice if Chimera would pop in with his opinion if its worth using that male to make seeds with. Tagging other members doesn't work here. Since CB is a clone only having a male could make reg seeds?

The public now has the tools now to test plants for gender (male markers).... the grower should send a sample to Phylos or Medicinal Genomics and see if the plant has a Y-chromosome- if it does it didn't come from a self, and Could be potential for use as a pollen donor. Non- chemically induced male flowers on female plants are something I shy away from.... if they produce stamens due to environmental effects, that's something that I would say is a negative trait for those producing drug cannabis.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The public now has the tools now to test plants for gender (male markers).... the grower should send a sample to Phylos or Medicinal Genomics and see if the plant has a Y-chromosome- if it does it didn't come from a self, and Could be potential for use as a pollen donor. Non- chemically induced male flowers on female plants are something I shy away from.... if they produce stamens due to environmental effects, that's something that I would say is a negative trait for those producing drug cannabis.

Thanks for poppin in.. ..Oops I was way off on price. It says 10$ for ea test?. When I made my amount it was 60$.

This looks like its 10$. If it is that cheap Starcrash can u do this ?? I just order 1 it s was 15$ with shipping.
https://www.screenyourgreen.com/ind...s_id=2&zenid=0a4f5123c08858cbd286ab6a137ae885

Last edited:

~star~crash~

of course ! anything you need , just tell me what exactly to do & bear in mind i'm an old grower w/ burnt brain cells ... that male is being treated like a KING ...

Coughie

I ended up with 8 C-Banana S1's, and will post a picture as soon as I get them transplanted... hopefully later tonight.

They're just started to push out true leaves, so hasn't been much to see before now.

I'll be back, with pics

billb

Veteran
That's awesome joe! I bet they have been tested hard! Seems like they def would of popped some Nanners if they were going to. Speaking on yours. Have some news abt mom, holler st me tomorrow when you have time.

~star~crash~

mine are spectacular!! they are fucking spectacular !!! LOT of terps ...not really smelling Banana, but its a strong marijuana smell can't really identifiy it yet

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok you guys don't laugh too hard. These ladies have been through hell and back but still gonna make a few buds and no nanners.

~star~crash~

dude ^^^ i did not realize you were so far ahead w/the flower ... you're going to be the 1st who gets to sample ... looks good to me btw

~star~crash~

no pics, but the S1sters are fantastic ... they are forming nice cola's ...lots of bud sites close together on the stems ...i'm seeing trichome development & i'm getting terps that seems stinky and sweet together at the same time

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As Chimera mentioned if its not a true male it's not recommended to be used. If it is a true male it didn't come from cbs1. With the issues the s1 had I wouldn't recommended it.