What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

?? Early Flowering - How to Reverse ??

brown_thumb

I have 16 seedlings entering early veg. None are autoflower type but all are fem. One is a Cherry Bomb that was started January 21st.

I noticed the Cherry Bomb has started to flower lollipop style. I've done nothing different with it compared to the other strains. It's never been trimmed nor stressed in any way I can identify. All seedlings have been in 16/8 lighting cycle with no errors. Of those lit hours, 9 have been in sunlight and the remaining 7 have been in decent artificial light. I've never had another non-auto seedling do this unless I messed up the lighting schedule over a long period of time (newb mistake).

QUESTION: How can I halt the Cherry Bomb from flowering? Can I just cut off the flowering part at the top?

w3rds

Are they preflowers or is it actually flowering? Is it experiencing any stretch that normally comes with flowering? If it is flowering, increasing the hours/day of light should revert it back to a vegetative state.

brown_thumb

PRE-FLOWER... It's currently approximately 2.5 inches tall (65mm). But I buried approximately 1 inch (25mm) as it grew. The lighting hours have consistently been 16/8 without fail.

DSCN0636_zpsqmevu0my.jpg

DSCN0637_zpshuqauuju.jpg

DSCN0638_zpskbkd0prf.jpg

brown_thumb

Can I just nip the top off and pinch the lower flowering off from the second node from the top... to force this plant back into veg?

Or should I just allow this one to lollipop?

w3rds

I would defer any advice giving to others, but if you did choose to top it a node below that one i believe it will keep it from flowering for a few weeks longer than its currently scheduled.

w3rds

Really surprised that it would be that short with you using natural light with indoor lighting. What do you mean when you say "decent artificial lighting"?

brown_thumb

bump...

I really want to get this right. I want to be SURE topping will re-veg this seedling. Or maybe I'm better off just letting it lollipop.

RockinRobot

Topping won't make a plant go back to veg. If it has indeed been under 18/6 lighting then it's most likely you somehow got an autoflower seed mixed with your others. You could try 24/0 to see if it will stop flowering but nothing else you can do.

brown_thumb

Okay, I'll just let it do what it wants. I'm not going to light this one plant separately from the others. It's only one of sixteen seedlings anyway. In fact, I'll transplant it into a larger pot and and move it outside alongside the older plants that are now flowering.

w3rds

Make sure to be super careful with the transplant since autoflowers are CRAZY sensitive and will stunt growth to the slightest stress. You could actually just leave it with the rest of the group since a 12/12 wont really change anything on its development.

brown_thumb

Make sure to be super careful with the transplant since autoflowers are CRAZY sensitive and will stunt growth to the slightest stress. You could actually just leave it with the rest of the group since a 12/12 wont really change anything on its development.

I'm moving it outside to be with the older plants. The light is probably close to 12/12 but much of that is in open shade.

The other seedlings are on a 16/8 light schedule... approximately 9 hours in the sun plus 7 hours under artificial light.

Latest posts

Latest posts