What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Mites

I do use a sulfer burner, the sulfer burner changes the ph in the air and that same ph change keeps them down, i had two rooms get infested and i noticed the one with sulfer burner they were not as thick, but still had them only because i started the sulfer burner after i had them. I found that the clones i was getting i kept bringing them in with out properly getting rid of them before hand. The way i got rid of them lil bastards was to freeze out my room during winter, its an outside stand alone shed so i could cut the heat off. In addition i got rid of all my old bamboo stakes i was using, cleaned and washed pot, took any and all clutter out of the room, removed and threw away outside any leafs i removed. Not in a pile in the floor. I cant say a sulfer burner is 100 % effective but it keeps them back.

Trick #2 rubbing alcohol get 91% if you can. theres 76% rubbing alcohol too, use a 1:1 ratio water to rubbing alcohol, and spray down the plants. An issue however is here in Washington the state growers were using it however they failed tests in the state labs. i would think that in full flower spraying them down can result in failed test but if your still in veg and catch it early you might be good.
Regardless of tests spraying in flower can cause mold issues

Paradoxlost, i agree 100%. I avoid spraying my plants. Its not in my growing regiment. one must have everything dialed in correctly to spray, liquids all over your room and plants. The right temps, proper air flow, and ventilation/ air exchanged. we know the spraying increases humidity big time. Spraying with lights on or off effects the performance of said spray as well.

I forget what I was reading but there is an essential oil blend that is anti fungal as well as a pesticide. I would try that but on a small scale. Predatory mites are your friend

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lavender oil will work as a repellent.
Dish soap mixed w essential oils will fill their spiracles & suffocate them.

I'm not skeerd of Aza products but I don't use em unless it's a serious infestation.

Pyrethrin (sp?) products work well against spider mites.

I've never ever heard even one time to use a sulfur burner for mites. Sulfur burners are for control of Powdery Mildew.

Latest posts

Latest posts