What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

DunHav`nFun

I hope I've made it pretty clear that I'm running clones selected from S1 seeds made by Dansbuds.

Anyway, they all hermied on me. I will make a proper post later about it. No blame of course. It is what it is.
Can someone give an update on Dansbuds…..I`m not in the loop and don`t know what`s happened to him or what his current condition is...….Thanks for any input......Much respect to Dansbuds…..Prayers from my end of the world......now...…

Hammer.....Where does GG4 pollen come from a clone only female plant ?.....IOW....Did you use S1 pollen to pollinate another S1 plant and that`s what`s considered as you say a BX1?.....also...…

Bummer news on your hermie situation Blaze bro , but how is it you took cuts from an S1 clone that you hand picked for the next round and it never hermied last round when you picked it ?......but...…

I completely understand about external environmental stress causing hermaphroditic tendencies on delicate polyhybrids of diverse genetic background......maybe that`s what happened.....anyways....

Just tryin ta keep my old ass learning about cause and effect in the long run......Thanks for the info provided from all involved......and...…

Peace.....DHF...…:ying:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the risk we take when growing s1 seeds, Sometimes the risk pays off big time. I made a bunch of gg#4s1 seeds back in 2013. I'm sure there where plants that hermied from those seeds..

This is how I look at it. Pick your poison.

When we grow fem seeds we pick through plants with intersex traits to find stable female plants.

When we grow reg seeds we pick through plants with intersex traits and males to find stable females plants.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can someone give an update on Dansbuds…..I`m not in the loop and don`t know what`s happened to him or what his current condition is...….Thanks for any input......Much respect to Dansbuds…..Prayers from my end of the world......now...…

Hammer.....Where does GG4 pollen come from a clone only female plant ?.....IOW....Did you use S1 pollen to pollinate another S1 plant and that`s what`s considered as you say a BX1?.....also...…

Bummer news on your hermie situation Blaze bro , but how is it you took cuts from an S1 clone that you hand picked for the next round and it never hermied last round when you picked it ?......but...…

I completely understand about external environmental stress causing hermaphroditic tendencies on delicate polyhybrids of diverse genetic background......maybe that`s what happened.....anyways....

Just tryin ta keep my old ass learning about cause and effect in the long run......Thanks for the info provided from all involved......and...…

GG4 X GG4= GG4S1

GG4S1 X GG4S1=GG4S2

GG4S1 X GG4= GG4S1BX

Hydro8

I must have a s1(If the clone only is never short) I got it as a clone labeled GG4 that's all the genetic history I know. It is totally short and squat I grew it in the same tent as the Lemon Skunk and I had to keep tying the Skunk down all over until the GG4 caught up to a somewhat similar height.

In the RDWC once the plants take root they go crazy, the GG4 went crazy but stayed short and got thick, really thick leaves and more leaves.. but no stretch. I vegged them about 5 weeks.

The GG4 is in the front and the Lemon Skunk is in the back.

picture.php

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

I can see why someone calls it short or whatever. Untopped and untrained, it grows into a prefect round ball every time! If you train it and it has horizontal space, it Likes to grow wider then tall. Very strong branching, allot of stretch, super fast growth.
And environment is everything. I been growing gg4 in light depp and outdoor since it first came around and one of my gardens this year, all the glue plants started throwing thinner leafs then ever before! Heres how she looks now. (i should mention she has been neglected)
1007181806.jpg

TheBlaze

Yeah, I would also like to know how Dans is faring. I know he has had a rough ride of it recently.

So here is some more details on what went down with the herms.

First, I did not do the selection process. I've recently upgraded from tents to much larger rooms running multiple lights.

I was given the option of running these clones in the room, because had nothing to start with but seeds. I knew it was a bit of a gamble, but I jumped at the chance to get a head start. These same clones are in production elsewhere, so I figured it wasn't too large of a risk.

The other important point, is that I've had to iron out a few issues with the new rooms. One being a power problem, and the other a possible light leak from the wall filter. Both issues have now been resolved, but that could definitely have played a part as well.

So, like I said earlier. There is absolutely no blame whatsoever. I'm not blaming myself either. I did what I thought was best at the time.

I'm going to continue with these plants. Let's see what happens. If they are completely seeded, I will just blast all of it.

TheBlaze

S1 clones at 4 weeks as of yesterday

S1 clones at 4 weeks as of yesterday

Trimmed all the lowers off, and opened the plants up a little. Obviously removed all male flowers, although it was all on the lowers anyway.

Starting to get properly stinky in that room now.

picture.php
picture.php

Zapadra

Yeah, I would also like to know how Dans is faring. I know he has had a rough ride of it recently.

So here is some more details on what went down with the herms.

First, I did not do the selection process. I've recently upgraded from tents to much larger rooms running multiple lights.

I was given the option of running these clones in the room, because had nothing to start with but seeds. I knew it was a bit of a gamble, but I jumped at the chance to get a head start. These same clones are in production elsewhere, so I figured it wasn't too large of a risk.

The other important point, is that I've had to iron out a few issues with the new rooms. One being a power problem, and the other a possible light leak from the wall filter. Both issues have now been resolved, but that could definitely have played a part as well.

So, like I said earlier. There is absolutely no blame whatsoever. I'm not blaming myself either. I did what I thought was best at the time.

I'm going to continue with these plants. Let's see what happens. If they are completely seeded, I will just blast all of it.

Yasis bru those words are on point.

Grizz

Veteran
Gg4 has been through hell and back. Currently rooting some to send to get tissue cultured. Supposedly the process cleans them and gets them like new again. JW

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UPDATE ON DAN

Joe .... & everybody thats tried to help .... I truly appreciate it !! but we're fighting a losing battle . this shit is all through my system . , i'm going for a PET scan tomorrow to see excatly where it is in me , but they have a good enough idea already that the only thing they can do for me is make me comfortable till i'm gone .

they're mainly concentrating on my lung to reduce the tumor to see if it helps me breath better at all . i'm only working on one lung right now plus whatever i can drag outa the collapsed one .

i'm gonna continue to go to the radiation treatments as they don't make me feel to bad , but once that stops & they want me to do chemo ...... i'm gonna pass ! i'll stick to the RSO treatments . i'm not gonna spend the last few weeks i have left being sick & torn apart from chemo treatments !!!! i'll stay baked on the RSO & do as much with my family as i can .

so ........ not sure what else to say here ...........but i'll be around for awhile a least . so don't cry for me , just fire up a fatty & puff up one big smoke cloud
smoky.gif

Ganjaganjakush

Genotype a2 out hhere in annarbor use to/still does sell clones of the gorilla bubble and its labled dansbud cut that was a coupple years ago was always sold out when i tried to get it

DunHav`nFun

One Class individual......Dans you will be missed......See yas on the other side Brother.....The end`s only a new beginning.....

Peace......Freds…..:ying: