What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

giant fan leaves - how big can they get?

Max Headroom

Veteran
first i have to say that the only fan leaves i've ever seen are the ones i've grown myself and that has only been with 400W.

but i'm trying out some Mekong High at the moment and these babies put out some monsters! the 11-fingered giant in the pic is about 12 inches (30 cm) tall and wide.

how big do these get outdoors?! tent-size? :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• fl.jpg
    fl.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 15

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen a 13 fingered 14-16 inch NLD leaf on display at a Sheriffs Dept office.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
The fan leaves intersecting the main trunk run 10" to 12", most with nine fingers but quite a few with eleven. The occasional thirteen shows up now and then. Clones eventually quit producing them.

That has been my limited experience, I only just started using seeds, before now it was maybe six to eight total strains grown.

w3rds

My brother had an outdoor grow about a year ago that grew about 8ft tall, some of the fans I saw him trim complete covered both hands when I held them. I dont have big hands, but that totally caught me off guard because I had never seen anything that big, in person, before.

DemonTrich

Veteran
Fan from my darlins net Dansbud pheno plant under 315 cmh in a 4.7gal pot.

Attachments

• 20170105_205445.jpg
    20170105_205445.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I forgot to put in something for sizing. The leaf was 14" in diameter.
It would not fit in the giant Atlas I used to press leaves in.
This is the largest with a photo, some of the thirteen fingered leaves had two inches over this one.

Attachments

• 11 leaves.jpg
    11 leaves.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 15

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I only took pictures of this one really nice 7 bladed when i removed it from my outdoor seed plant.

Its 12 inches wide and 10 inches long.
picture.php

picture.php

I had 9 and 11 bladed leafs that were a good deal larger just no pictures.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Largest leaves I’ve seen or grown. It was a Deep Chunk Mexican cross. For reference the plant was about 6 feet tall (late start seed plant). Leaves on steroids.

Attachments

• Large Leaves.jpg
    Large Leaves.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 13