What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trying to find a true "skunk" smelling strain?

bestothebest

I dont know if anyone has mentioned Shit by Mr Nice Seedbank, but when I grew that it was pretty stinky. Not Roadkill level, but it definitely had a strong skunk smell.

Spaventa

Veteran
I dont know if anyone has mentioned Shit by Mr Nice Seedbank, but when I grew that it was pretty stinky. Not Roadkill level, but it definitely had a strong skunk smell.

I wonder who at Mr Nice came up with the name.. If they have kids, I hope the spouse/partner chose their names.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
The sweet I wanna eat is in Sensi's Super Skunk and Sensi Skunk. 1 out of 5 ratio.
I think of yeast or marzipan.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I

Remember the Phototron? Strange attempts at grow lights back then.

I still have a mid 80s phototron. Three u shaped 40 watt t12 fluros. And my friends pulled a recent model black phototron from my local dump. Same casings only color is different. Inside has two t5s. They are useful in certain situations for single small plants- quarantine, a mother chamber, male chamber. But right now I have hung a small watt CFL in the top (not using t12s) and use it for a clone chamber. Put a piece of plastic in for a shelf to hold 3" soil pots.

soundman

I still have a mid 80s phototron. Three u shaped 40 watt t12 fluros. And my friends pulled a recent model black phototron from my local dump. Same casings only color is different. Inside has two t5s. They are useful in certain situations for single small plants- quarantine, a mother chamber, male chamber. But right now I have hung a small watt CFL in the top (not using t12s) and use it for a clone chamber. Put a piece of plastic in for a shelf to hold 3" soil pots.

Those are some good ideas for one. I would like to have one just for nostalgia. :biggrin:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
The main thing I don't like about it is that if used as intended there is no drain. In the past I have placed a pot with drain holes inside on spacers of some sort. I have heard that expert growers do not need drain holes because they know their plants specific needs and never over water. I am no expert so I will not plant directly in the bottom any time soon. I read somewhere that if you were having problems growing your crop you could contact the inventor and he would set a plan for you based on whatever plant you were growing.
I def remember it being advertised in high times

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Since I was way off topic, I thought maybe I'd help get us back on. The last time I saw real deal rks was in summer of 2001. Dealer showed up to an apartment converted to an office for my mother's small business nextdoor. He said wait to u smell this and pulled out double sandwich bag inside of ziplock bag inside blue freeze jar. I swear as soon as he popped the jar damn if my mom didn't come in there for something. Whole floor stinks, dealer freaks and bolts past mom looking shady as shit. I knew I would never hear the end of this. Bringing that Devi weed to her company. Mom came to me with this look like I thought she was gonna say "who was that deviant in here?!?!". But instead she said "oh my God a skunk has sprayed in here . How did it get in here?". She went off thru all the rooms of all the buildings on a unproductive skunk hunt. She was so worried about the skunk that she paid no attention to the homeless looking gentleman barreling past her in her private office building. Never to this day did she find the skunk or what the smell really was.
Took me 2 days to track dude down and get what he said was skunk#1. But believe me I was hot on his trail to get ahold of that!! I have smoked many skunk smelling strains over the years but that was the first and last time to ever smell something like that.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Since I was way off topic, I thought maybe I'd help get us back on. The last time I saw real deal rks was in summer of 2001. Dealer showed up to an apartment converted to an office for my mother's small business nextdoor. He said wait to u smell this and pulled out double sandwich bag inside of ziplock bag inside blue freeze jar. I swear as soon as he popped the jar damn if my mom didn't come in there for something. Whole floor stinks, dealer freaks and bolts past mom looking shady as shit. I knew I would never hear the end of this. Bringing that Devi weed to her company. Mom came to me with this look like I thought she was gonna say "who was that deviant in here?!?!". But instead she said "oh my God a skunk has sprayed in here . How did it get in here?". She went off thru all the rooms of all the buildings on a unproductive skunk hunt. She was so worried about the skunk that she paid no attention to the homeless looking gentleman barreling past her in her private office building. Never to this day did she find the skunk or what the smell really was.
Took me 2 days to track dude down and get what he said was skunk#1. But believe me I was hot on his trail to get ahold of that!! I have smoked many skunk smelling strains over the years but that was the first and last time to ever smell something like that.

For present day availability it's pretty much a wild goose chase.....havent seen the rks since the glaucoma and emphysema cuts...the rks was never insanely resinous like todays strains but made up for in pure skunk flavor....maybe a search through some old dutch stock like hempstar could lead some suprises....otherwise only option is some usa chem or diesel stock for common availability

hugo23

Cannacopia's Roadkill Skunk x Deep Chunk ist the only line with constant roadkill phenos I have had the pleasure to grow, someone definitely will find a keeper out of one pack. this cross is recommend by breeder chimera for roadkill individuals. There are a lot of genetics with roadkill phenos but it is all about pheno hunting, grow a high number and select your favorite. good luck.

Cantbuymeloveuh

In and around Houston there is a cut going around from a guy named shorelineOG that stinks just like the classic skunk. He claims that the seed will be available this fall

HeriMarry

About 3-4 years ago I was outside my friends house an his neighbor was smoking about 30 feet away an it had that RKS smell, I did not talk to his neighbor about it (his neighbor was a dealer an had issues with me even though I never talked to him). My only guess is that it came from Canada since I lived on the US Canadian border at that time.I believe RKS is available in Canada an hope 1 day to get clones of it.

Spaventa

Veteran
I just remembered a strain that might translate to what your looking for, or at least be in the olfactory ballpark so to speak... Master Kush. Grew it many years ago, from Dutch Passion. It was just rank. Rancid, rotten onions, roadkill and that funny hormonal stink left where cats have sprayed or pissed.