What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trying to find a true "skunk" smelling strain?

SB7

BC ..84'-87' Dark ,dark green with white frost. Stunk to high heaven just like a real skunk, through multiple bags, boxes etc.. very hard to hide the smell. Great "hot" head high ... that's the Skunk I remember, straight from the grower in Surrey.
Not at all piney, for pine there was ....was pine bud ,duh, lime green and very sticky... I digress.
I've searched high (pardon the pun) and low but never found my fav "skunk" I too think that todays offerings are just watered down and have been crossed one to many times...
JMHO

C

CheifnBud2

honestly, i was a kid when i first smelt the RKS (road kill skunk). the closest thing i can find is a pungent sour diesel.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RKS USA

RKS USA

This is the last real “skunk” I had back in 99. It stank so much and the taste was just like the smell, it coated your mouth and lungs. This stuff really reeked but the high although potent was bland and without personality. I have no idea where it came from but I assume it was from Mexico because it was bricked or compressed. Starting around 1984 to 99 every now and then we would get different batches of very strong skunk, most was dark green leafy seeded bud that was impossible to hide the odor. I liked it because it was so different from the Sativa but looking back I don’t think it was any better (effect wise). I do miss that unique smell and taste but the effect for me was lacking.

attachment.php

Skunk bud

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
well i have 160 ish seeds from the time period you mention .in fact the seed collecting only stopped after i got my grinder ,i expect a lot of people were the same with the grinder .so when i get bored i may start cracking a few at a time to find that skunk plant .am willing to give some away to seed junkies to speed up the process ,but they have to be worthy !:ying:

I have the same, a collection of seeds my mom and dad kept of BAG SEED, every strain they ever smoked i have seeds of, only issue they are 20 plus years old and i have no space to start 100 seeds and search for the RKS...oh well one day maybe

peace
Chefboy

Z

Ziggaro

honestly, i was a kid when i first smelt the RKS (road kill skunk). the closest thing i can find is a pungent sour diesel.

Never tried the real clone only sour diesel, but my OSD keeper has that road kill smell and taste.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
What is everybody after an actual plant from the skunk #1 strain that smells like skunk or just any strain that smells like a skunk?

Has anybody tried skunk x afghan? or Shiva Skunk (skunk x NL).

Anybody have any current experience with sensi's shiva or super skunk?

Dirt Life

Veteran
I have a NLxShiva that has a pretty pungent sweet skunk smell. By sweet, I mean hashy sweet, not fruity sweet. It also has black pepper smell too. Far from RKS though. This plant is Afghan dominant, and Sam got the skunk stank from an Afghan. So, if I was to look for something skunky, I'd start going through some Affies and dominant hybrids. Anyways, just wanted to throw something in this thread, even though its probably completely obvious. ;)

My NLxShiva is from older Nirvana stock.

de145

I have a NLxShiva that has a pretty pungent sweet skunk smell. By sweet, I mean hashy sweet, not fruity sweet. It also has black pepper smell too. Far from RKS though.

Seriously you guys are not helping :snap out of it: :)

Sweet is *not* true skunk smell, hashy is *not* true skunk smell, piney is *not* true skunk smell.

Skunk, the original weed called skunk, smells like someone ran over a skunk (the animal) or skunk cabbage that grows in swamps.

Nothing else you smell in the normal course of life smells remotely like a skunk. Not fruit, not cheese, not anything around your house or found in any grocery store or your bathroom or cat box or spice drawer.

B

BasementGrower

u wana loook for skunk x afghan .. for roadkill smells.. i think cannaventure has road kill skunk in seed form.. they used sensi seed and flying dutchmen old stock to get a stinky ass strain back.. i put in my order lastnight. i cant wait personaly
'

unspoken

Chimera recommended rks x deep chunk from cannacopia and schnazzleberry #2 to me when I asked him where to look for a rks smell

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I have a homegrown fantaseeds skunk 1 that smells very skunky, it has another component to the smell keeping it from being pure skunk but im diggin it

de145

Chimera recommended rks x deep chunk from cannacopia and schnazzleberry #2 to me when I asked him where to look for a rks smell
I think I emailed them and what they said was not promising, I think they said it has a "fruity skunk smell" which is all wrong if it is fruity smelling but I'll double check, maybe it was someone else's roadkill skunk.

Dude, i had no idea what skunk smell looked like till my trip to a small city in germany. Maaaaan, that shit was crazy, a strong racy high, extremely euphoric, no lock at all, never found nothing like. You know exacly what skunk stand for when you smell it. It is actually good indeed. I wanted to get back there only to ask the name to the guy that gave me it(yes, he just gave me), but i received the sad News that he was in jail. Fucking marijuana Law, he used to be a very nice guy. :frown:

ozman

I got some super skunk going.My first batch years ago was from sensi seeds,but since i no longer order from overseas i got my newest super skunk from seedsherenow.com and so far im happy with my new super skunk.
Waiting for harvest to see how it tastes bit it do smell good so far.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Lately a strain i smelled from a coop was only ripe skunk afgan

purple hindu is closer what a lighter skunk smell is though

Ekot

So far, I find the strain that is closest to the super skunky smell and taste herb is cbd afghani. Still not the same. But thats the closest that I can find. When I asked a dispensary about it. It seems that they dont understand what I was talking about... The skunk from the 90s. Pink is not close. But that is the closest substitute that I can find. Or I would mix cheese strain with cbd afghani.

Spaventa

Veteran
The genuine cheese isn't sweet. Some other old skunks are. If you can get the Brightsides cut he got from Haz Manor, do it, then hook me up - i been searching all over for YEARS.

Latest posts

Latest posts