What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Males in the flower room

Dr. J

First run doing regular seeds and have some make plants that are showing up. The Question i have is if I wanted to collect the pollen Can I put them in they’re own tent in the same flower room with cfls or will they still pollinate everything else through the tent? Also I am in San Diego the days are still somewhat short could I put them out side to finish opening up?

bigbadbiddy

If you want to keep them in the same tent/room as your females, you need to isolate them completely.

If you put them in their own tent, then you need to make sure that tent has negative pressure (pulling air out faster than it goes in) and its own carbon scrubber of course. Whenever you open the door to said tent, you should do it as far away from your females as possible. You can help avoiding pollen from escaping by spraying water the moment you unzip the door and keep spraying.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=46076

This is a male isolation chamber DIY manual for containing males and flowering them out in the same room as the females.
Probably the best bet in your situation.

I cannot comment on outdoor in San Diego at this time of year etc. but males can definitely be flowered out on your windowsill for example as well. They don't need a terrible amount of light.
Whatever you do, just make sure you do it far away from your females as pollen does carry over quite a bit and spreads like hell. Also change your clothes before you go back into the female flowering area after harvesting pollen...

Latest posts

Latest posts